Visit site
✟85,233.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible indicates that it’s ok to drink within moderation. Is it also ok to smoke weed (aka cannabis or marijuana) within moderation, legally of course?

Sure, do it wisely.

NCBI:
Marijuana is complex chemically and not yet fully understood, but it is not a narcotic. Like alcohol, marijuana acts as both stimulant and depressant, but it lingers in body organs longer than alcohol. Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco. Research has indicated that marijuana intoxication definitely hinders attention, long-term memory storage, and psychomotor skills involved in driving a car or flying a plane.

How much can one do it?

See How much does drinking become sin?.

Personally, I have no interest in smoking week. I have better ways to spend my money :)

For people who are susceptible to addiction, I would advise against it.

Does smoking weed bring in demons?

If you overdo it, it may. The same goes for getting drunk.

If you find weed helpful, do it wisely and thank God for it.

Last edited:

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know there are many ...say subjects as a believer or a minister I do not have the authority on. I'm just unsure why it matters what you personally think as in if you can or can't to this or anything else. If we cause just one to stumble... we answer to a GOD.

As for this depends where you read *Gov using it daily effects performance, relationship problems and has caused permanent IQ loss. One site said it does not come back even after stopping. It is known to affect movement and coordination and diving again one site said can experience dangerous effects slower reactions lane weaving. We have not touched unborn baby health.

Not every "law" by man is ok. The moment you start smoking it your body tells you right up front it does not like it. See when was in school we did allot of it. Yes there were times you could never stop laughing... others just can't get enough to eat. Others that again just smoking weed we told him a bear was behind him.. and he took off running across the park...I feel bad about that one lol.

Lets take School.. we get to class and told to turn to some page. I say some page because for some reason that page was not in the book.. we kept looking we could never find it. The teacher.. wow she said "if your going to get high just be able to work in class". This was early 70s. Shall I go on? There was NEVER something positive about it. Nothing what so ever for a believer. Yeah when you read you don't want to do anything.. I remember watching cars.. well they would go then come back my best friend said he found himself putting on and taking off his jacket. He didn't know how long he had been doing it. Time goes out the window. No this was just weed.

Find Christ or truth He found me many years before that but.. I was young doing my own thing but stopped doing all of it at the age of like 15. Yeah did allot before that...allot. So stopped sneaking out stealing things others just oddly left out at night :) stop getting drunk. Keep hanging around my best friend who never treated me any different that I stopped doing all that. Then one night lead him to Christ.

So I would be one to say .. never touch marihuana. Not talking about what someone's Doctor says for I am no Doctor.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟85,233.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know there are many ...say subjects as a believer or a minister I do not have the authority on.
Right, definitely, I am not any kind of authority on weeds :)

I'm just unsure why it matters what you personally think as in if you can or can't to this or anything else.
A friend asked me, so I answered. I expressed my opinion. I am not a prophet or the son of a prophet. I have not used the phrase "Thus saith the Lord".

By the same token, you have the right to express your opinions for or against anyone. However, you can refrain if you choose to. In this case, you didn't. Feel free to apply the following to yourself if you choose to:
I'm also just unsure why it matters what you personally think as in if you can or can't to this or anything else.​

You don't have to. I'll leave it to your volition and conscience.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟842,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By the same token

I see what you did there.

I don't think "weed, cannibas, or marijuana" are different things. Personally, I'd rather be around someone that is high on pot than drunk. Drunks are insufferable and often mean; pot heads are simply stoned. I don't think there's anything wrong with it in moderation. I don't buy the idea that pot invites demons. A person is more demon-like in a fit of rage than stoned, laughing at cartoons. The ancients were adamant that indulgence in our irascible tendencies makes us like demons (Clement, Origen, Nyssa, Evagrius).

Upvote 0