✟31,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Isaiah 19:22,
"And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them."

Have you ever been smitten, and then healed? To cry out in your affliction, interesting the LORD, and He healeth you?

There will be a day all the self proclaimed prophets are smitten, and all the false teachers will be broken, as it says in Micah 3:5-8,
"Thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.
Therefore night shall be unto you, that ye shall not have a vision; and it shall be dark unto you, that ye shall not divine; and the sun shall go down over the prophets, and the day shall be dark over them.
Then shall the seers be ashamed, and the diviners confounded: yea, they shall all cover their lips; for there is no answer of God.
But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob his transgression, and to Israel his sin."

We need "prophets" that will be full of power in the Spirit of the LORD, and of might, as Paul wrote to the Ephesians "be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might." They need to speak the whole counsel of God, including declaring the sin of the people, in the church, in the community, in the nation. Sin in the church? Of course; and unless you're like the church of Philadelphia in Revelation 3, there's sin in the church of some kind. God will show you by discernment if there is. Too many preachers refuse to address it, and we all know some churches even promote it.

Consider Saul: Was not Saul smitten and then healed. Smitten on the road to Damascus, then healed 3 days later in the house of Judas on Straight Street when Ananias was sent to pray from him (Acts 9:1-19) Also, the churches were smitten with persecution, which Saul had a large part of that, but after Saul was smitten and healed, the churches had rest (Acts 9:31) Psalm 119:67 & 71 bear this out,

"Before I was afflicted I went astray: but now have I kept thy word. It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes." - Affliction, or being smitten, leads to learning and keeping the Word.

Hebrews 12:11 sums it up, " Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."
But let's not stop there: continue on in the next 3 verses,
"Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord"

We are encouraged to lift our hands, walk straitly, and be healed, and then to follow peace and holiness: the results of this healing after being smitten by affliction or chastisement.

Psalm 63:4, "Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name" 1 Timothy 2:8, "I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting."

Reactions: mourningdove~