Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Since the only thing I can smell is burning meat, it would be interesting to learn about the world of smelling. Thankfully at least I have some sense of what smell is like even if it is extremely limited.

What is your favorite smell?

What is your least favorite smell?

Do you like being able to smell?

Would you give up the sense if you could?

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating? Lol.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic?

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
What is your favorite smell? Cardamom.

What is your least favorite smell? Any kind of cheese.

Do you like being able to smell? Yes; it's one of my favourite senses.

Would you give up the sense if you could? No.

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating? Yes. No.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic? Yes to all.

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
The sun? What the heck does the sun smell like?

Now I feel like I am missing out on a lot..

Why don't they have smell TV? Smell youtube? If it's so important? Just unfeasible?
I can't explain it, but sunny days have their own smell.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What is your favorite smell?Flowers, burberry, baked goods, the autumn air, the rain, etc.

What is your least favorite smell? Rotting things

Do you like being able to smell? Yes, indeed.

Would you give up the sense if you could? NO!

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating? Lol. Yes, constantly. No, I actually like being able to smell everything, I have a pretty keen nose.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic? The sun...I don't want to die by being burned alive so no but everything else, yes.

Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0

faithyfelicis

May 19, 2015
Pennsylvania
✟16,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is your favorite smell? I don't think I can answer this with any justice for all of the smells I love, but to name a few: cookies baking in the oven, library books, the smell of a rainstorm, certain men's colognes... :hearteyes:

What is your least favorite smell? Certain bodily fluids (need I say more).

Do you like being able to smell? Yes.

Would you give up the sense if you could? No way.

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating? Yes. No.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic? Yes!

Reactions: Hawthorne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
While most people claim that snakes don't have a scent, theyre wrong. Several members of my family, including myself, can smell snakes. Tennessee used to offer a $2 bounty on rattle snakes. This was at a time when $2 was a days wage. One year, he killed more than 700 rattlesnakes and still had a full time job.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Plastics have a smell. They are hydrocarbon based compounds. For example, Bakelite when placed in hot water makes its smell much stronger. Snakes also have a smell, its just that most people cant smell them. There are a lot of compounds which the majority of people cant smell.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Plastics have a smell. They are hydrocarbon based compounds. For example, Bakelite when placed in hot water makes its smell much stronger. Snakes also have a smell, its just that most people cant smell them. There are a lot of compounds which the majority of people cant smell.

Interesting.. I'm eating Chinese and it's burning hot and I can kind of smell it.

My sense must be super low. Might have to try burning other things to see if I can smell them.

Thanks for the info. :)

Reactions: William67
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting.. I'm eating Chinese and it's burning hot and I can kind of smell it.

My sense must be super low. Might have to try burning other things to see if I can smell them.

Thanks for the info. :)

Welcome. I learned about Bakelite many years ago. I collect antique kitchen gadgets, among other things. And the way to tell the old Bakelite handled gadgets from the newer ones is using boiling hot water and smell.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What is your favourite smell?
Spices. Nice spices. Not "this is what spice should smell like" spices.

What is your least favorite smell?
I struggle the smell of tooth decay.

Do you like being able to smell?
Most of the time.

Would you give up the sense if you could?
If I could? Probably not. I'd rather give up my reactivity to touch.

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating? Lol.
Oh goodness no. I love it.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic?
Skin depends on the person. Freshly washed and dried, with no additional scents, and everyone has a different smell. Sniffing their skin is probably best done in a private setting with their consent.
Grass smells lovely.
The sun ... IDK, the warmth tends to enhance scents.
Pavements smell... clean pavements have a different smell to dirty ones, but nearly all pavements are dirty.
Plastic smells. Some of it smells horrible. Some of it smells, well, not bad.

Scents, scents, everywhere.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your favorite smell? Tacos

What is your least favorite smell? Burnt hair or plastic.

Do you like being able to smell? Yes

Would you give up the sense if you could? If I lived next to a sewage plant, yes.

Do you constantly smell things? Doesn't that get annoying and feel violating?
Yes, Im constantly spraying things just to smell it. Even bug spray. Not sure why I am compelled to do stuff like that, but..... no I don't get annoyed by it.

Can you smell skin? Grass? The sun? Pavement? Plastic? If I am close enough, yes. Grass- if its cut, yes. The sun, if I havent been outside and I step outside I can. I can also smell rain. Pavment, only if there is a doggy muffin on it. Only when its being burnt.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Favourite smell- fresh flowers..esp gardenia. Roses, jasmine, frangipani
Least favourite-vomit, alcohol
Yes i like being able to smell and I wouldnt give it up. Not sure if I constantly smell things but I know when Im around nice things and when Im around bad. The bible says we have a fragrance..a holy one. I will look up the verse later.
Only bad smells are violating.

Uh..I dont think I can smell the sun, but can smell sun ripened fruit. Freshly cut grass I can smell. Not sure about pavement, but I can smell freshly laid asphalt on the roads. Yes, plastics have a smell, its chemically.

Dont know that skin has a smell of its own, ppl usually use some kind of body lotion or soap, so it would smell of soap. Im not generally hanging round people with BO!!!

Upvote 0