Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good clip... until they start going off on ADD. What was all that? Besides that, though, this is a total mess. It's a crime that they don't negotiate prices.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good clip... until they start going off on ADD. What was all that? Besides that, though, this is a total mess. It's a crime that they don't negotiate prices.

I don't really want to get into the ADD debate even though I have strong feelings on it but relating to Big Pharm making all those meds for ADD with some of those meds NOT even being approved to safely use in children but yet they drug kids heavily with those drugs is the only thing I can think of that would have to do with what was said about ADD relating to Big Pharma.

As far as the video my main agreement being stated here on it is that I totally believe Bernie Sanders is the only one that would do anything about this since he is not taking money from them whereas Hillary is getting money from them. Makes no sense with Hillary getting money from them for her to think we believe she will fight them on their prices. Give me money and I will fight against you? Makes no sense to me :)

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't really want to get into the ADD debate even though I have strong feelings on it but relating to Big Pharm making all those meds for ADD with some of those meds NOT even being approved to safely use in children but yet they drug kids heavily with those drugs is the only thing I can think of that would have to do with what was said about ADD relating to Big Pharma.

If you live in the United States, that is what the FDA is for, to assure drugs are safe for human use, before they are approved.

In fact, the FDA tends to be much stricter in their guidelines than many other countries, which is why some people will travel abroad to obtain drugs the FDA has not yet approved.

Reactions: dogs4thewin
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Sanders wants to give government even more power which is a good reason not to vote for him.
Yes, better for government to be impotent against your corporate overlords.

Are you of the opinion that a government that is too weak to stop a corporation charging several thousand times more for a neccessary product is too strong?

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, better for government to be impotent against your corporate overlords.
The more power we give the government the more power we give to these corporate overloads. Our government wasn't designed to be overlords over corporations and full control above everything.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Sanders wants to give government even more power which is a good reason not to vote for him.

I hope you never find yourself screaming in pain from a physical condition with you not being able to afford a product (the only one that can relieve your pain) jacked up in price where you can't afford it OR facing life or death without having medical insurance to pay enough where you can afford the difference where you can get the medical care you need.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I hope you never find yourself screaming in pain from a physical condition with you not being able to afford a product (the only one that can relieve your pain) jacked up in price where you can't afford it OR facing life or death without having medical insurance to pay enough where you can afford the difference where you can get the medical care you need.
Your own video pointed out our government is the problem. We gave it too much power because we continue to believe the problem is the solution.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Your own video pointed out our government is the problem. We gave it too much power because we continue to believe the problem is the solution.

Most in our government are NOT trying to do anything about it while taking huge amounts of money in super pacs and speaking fees and that is the problem! Bernie Sanders would do something about it.

Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

As far as the video my main agreement being stated here on it is that I totally believe Bernie Sanders is the only one that would do anything about this since he is not taking money from them whereas Hillary is getting money from them. Makes no sense with Hillary getting money from them for her to think we believe she will fight them on their prices. Give me money and I will fight against you? Makes no sense to me :)

Yeah. If Clinton really believes that politicians aren't influenced by the source of their campaign contributions, why does she think we need campaign finance reform? And what does she think big donors are thinking when they make contributions to Super PACs?

If only this were so. In actuality, the problem we're facing is that the big corporations have too much power over government. They write laws and the legislators are too weak and dependent to do anything but pass what they write. No, this problem is independent of the size of the government. Big or small, the government is owned by the giant corporations and moneyed interests.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
If only this were so. In actuality, the problem we're facing is that the big corporations have too much power over government. They write laws and the legislators are too weak and dependent to do anything but pass what they write. No, this problem is independent of the size of the government. Big or small, the government is owned by the giant corporations and moneyed interests.

Very well said !!

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
More to the point those in the government is made up of people who made politics they whole life career and been the office for decades ... exactly like Bernie Sanders.
Bernie Sanders has already shown he is very clever playing with facts to fool the masses. For example The rich used to pay the 90% in taxes myth. They had so many ways around from paying taxes back then they paid no where near 90% but it fools the average Bernie supporter.

Upvote 0

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
More to the point those in the government is made up of people who made politics they whole life career and been the office for decades ... exactly like Bernie Sanders.
Bernie Sanders has already shown he is very clever playing with facts to fool the masses. For example The rich used to pay the 90% in taxes myth. They had so many ways around from paying taxes back then they paid no where near 90% but it fools the average Bernie supporter.

NO, NOT exactly like Bernie Sanders!

Bernie Sanders has the highest approval rating of any sitting US Senator and that means he has support from people in ALL parties! When some Republicans in his state were asked why they support Bernie Sanders they said because he puts THEIR interest (farmers, seniors, veterans, small business owners) ABOVE Corporate interest and that is NOT exactly like most other politicians! Even those that don't agree with him have said he is authentic and does what he says; most other politicians don't do that, either. They just talk the talk while Bernie walks the walk!

And by the way since you said like most other politicians, I think the LOW approval ratings of most others in Congress (if not all others) compared to Bernie's high approval ratings also show Bernie is not like most politicians.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
NO, NOT exactly like Bernie Sanders!

Bernie Sanders has the highest approval rating of any sitting US Senator and that means he has support from people in ALL parties! When some Republicans in his state were asked why they support Bernie Sanders they said because he puts THEIR interest (farmers, seniors, veterans, small business owners) ABOVE Corporate interest and that is NOT exactly like most other politicians! Even those that don't agree with him have said he is authentic and does what he says; most other politicians don't do that, either. They just talk the talk while Bernie walks the walk!
Just as that doctor who ran for Senate noted years ago who tried to limit the amount of terms you will never see change until the people decided to get rid of those politicians who made politics their career no matter the party. He even admit the power got to him in his two terms. Bernie Sanders is the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldFashionGal

May 17, 2015
✟9,197.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Just as that doctor who ran for Senate noted years ago who tried to limit the amount of terms you will never see change until the people decided to get rid of those politicians who made politics their career. He even admit the power got to him in his two terms. Bernie Sander is the problem.

Not everyone wants to get rid of every politician! Those with high approval ratings obviously their home state constituents would not want to get rid of them. Bernie Sanders is the problem only to those that don't want to accomplish the same policies as he does. He is the problem to YOU and to those that think like YOU but he is not a problem to those in his state where the majority love him and now a lot of other people love and agree with him, too :)

Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Again, if only the problem were career politicking. Back when the U.S. had an epic middle class, there were career politicians, no matter how much the richest used to pay in taxes. No, the problem is that the politicians (career or otherwise) are put in their positions by moneyed interests, and it is to them that they are beholden. This is the root of the problem.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone wants to get rid of every politician! Those with high approval ratings obviously their home state constituents would not want to get rid of them. Bernie Sanders is the problem only to those that don't want to accomplish the same policies as he does. He is the problem to YOU and to those that think like YOU but he is not a problem to those in his state where the majority love him and now a lot of other people love and agree with him, too :)
Bernie Sanders is the problem because he only knows politics and not how the real world operates. The more I hear from him the more it's clear to me.
The love of these politicians how they stay in power for so long as they always assume it's the other politician / party that is the problem.
Again, if only the problem were career politicking. Back when the U.S. had an epic middle class, there were career politicians, no matter how much the richest used to pay in taxes. No, the problem is that the politicians (career or otherwise) are put in their positions by moneyed interests, and it is to them that they are beholden. This is the root of the problem.
In the 50's and 60's America industry was outgrowing the population growth which is why there were an "epic" middle class. After that USA started more "freebies" programs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Willtor

Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In the 50's and 60's America industry was outgrowing the population growth which is why there were an "epic" middle class. After that USA started more "freebies" programs.

In the 40's and 50's, GIs returning from war went to college on the taxpayer's dime and we built a workforce that was both highly educated and had acquired little or no debt along the way. GDP per capita has grown pretty much year-over-year since then. "Freebies" programs are not the problem -- in fact, most of them haven't even kept up with the times. No, the problem is that politicians represent the people who fund their campaigns (and more recently, their Super PACs).

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
[
In the 40's and 50's, GIs returning from war went to college on the taxpayer's dime and we built a workforce that was both highly educated and had acquired little or no debt along the way. GDP per capita has grown pretty much year-over-year since then. "Freebies" programs are not the problem -- in fact, most of them haven't even kept up with the times. No, the problem is that politicians represent the people who fund their campaigns (and more recently, their Super PACs).
And you believe that someone been in politics for decades doesn't have people backing them.

Oh I totally disagree the "freebies" programs are not the problem as they reward bad behavior.

Upvote 0