Single woman they just ain't any in my area.

ZephBonkerer

Nov 14, 2022
Cincinnati, OH
✟37,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yeah, I kind of had to severe ties with some friends socially...not that you ever stop being friends with someone...but, for instance...I had a movie buddy that took her Christianity to a whole different level, so we had to stop seeing movies together because of the content...even if it's PG 13 or PG. I mean, we do a simply hi and by, short chats...but keep religion out of our discussions.

I had to do the same myself. I called up a friend I went to church with in California years ago. Now he lives in Tennessee, and I now live about 4 hours from Nashville by car. I had plans to be in Nashville for a weekend and was hoping to plan a visit while I was there.

But he was all "are you going to get back with your wife?" He knew about the divorce and my excommunication from church because of it. I told him we aren't going to get back together, and that I made a great life for myself outside church. I don't think he could relate to that. I went away from that call wondering if he wanted anything to do with me at all.

A friend of mine in my new circle said it best: "you feed on to better things spiritually, while he stayed stagnant".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had to do the same myself. I called up a friend I went to church with in California years ago. Now he lives in Tennessee, and I now live about 4 hours from Nashville by car. I had plans to be in Nashville for a weekend and was hoping to plan a visit while I was there.

But he was all "are you going to get sack with your wife?" He knew about the divorce and my excommunication from church because of it. I told him we aren't going to get back together, and that I made a great life for myself outside church. I don't think he could relate to that. I went away from that call wondering if he wanted anything to do with me at all.

A friend of mine in my new circle said it best: "you feed on to better things spiritually, while he stayed stagnant".

Get "sack" with your wife? What does that even mean? lol

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't met many women myself lately. The few at my world are too old, or really overweight.

My last job had more women. Unfortunately, most were in their early 30s. The attention was nice, but I prefer younger. At least when it comes to a serious relationship. With women my own age, most want something serious. Baby/marriage rabies. I don't want to get suckered into that, lol.

Also not being romantically into vanilla women, my dating pool is more akin to a pond. While everyone else has a potential ocean.

Still. With dating apps and whatnot, I don't see how it isn't easier than ever to find someone.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I haven't met many women myself lately. The few at my world are too old, or really overweight.

My last job had more women. Unfortunately, most were in their early 30s. The attention was nice, but I prefer younger. At least when it comes to a serious relationship. With women my own age, most want something serious. Baby/marriage rabies. I don't want to get suckered into that, lol.

Also not being romantically into vanilla women, my dating pool is more akin to a pond. While everyone else has a potential ocean.

Still. With dating apps and whatnot, I don't see how it isn't easier than ever to find someone.
You consider early 30s too old? I am guessing you are in your 20s?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting thread. It sounds like the young man from Brooklyn is trying too hard to meet someone.

Every single time that I wanted to meet a good girl for a relationship and went out to look for her, I always found the wrong type of girl.

Two times in my life I have met a girl who is worth marrying and single it was by accident, when I wasn't out looking for her. We just happened to meet. I married her. She wasn't out looking for a boyfriend, it was at work!

To meet the right kind of marrying girl, you need to get your mind off of girls. Study those scriptures and get yourself a hobby. Then they will come to you when the time is right. Ask me how I know lol.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting thread. It sounds like the young man from Brooklyn is trying too hard to meet someone.

Every single time that I wanted to meet a good girl for a relationship and went out to look for her, I always found the wrong type of girl.

Two times in my life I have met a girl who is worth marrying and single it was by accident, when I wasn't out looking for her. We just happened to meet. I married her. She wasn't out looking for a boyfriend, it was at work!

To meet the right kind of marrying girl, you need to get your mind off of girls. Study those scriptures and get yourself a hobby. Then they will come to you when the time is right. Ask me how I know lol.

So...you're married currently, Divide?

Typically, work is frowned upon as a dating venue...so it's not really an option, unless she's in a different department, where you're not interacting or seeing each other.

The whole "It'll happen when you're not looking" isn't entirely accurate, as you do need to put yourself out here and initiate as a man.

• Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Typically, work is frowned upon as a dating venue...so it's not really an option, unless she's in a different department, where you're not interacting or seeing each other.

The whole "It'll happen when you're not looking" isn't entirely accurate, as you do need to put yourself out here and initiate as a man.

I am not married currently. I'm not saying what the rules are, I was merely saying what happened to me. The only two times I met a woman worth marrying (besides ones who were already married!) was when I was not pursuing them. I married the first one, a Polish girl with a very humble spirit. She jumped ship after 26 years.

I used to run a hotdog cart and we was doing the 4th of July Fireworks display and there she was, being a helper to the Polish guy that worked there. I said hey Jerzy, introduce me to your friend. He went to ask her her if I could meet her and she said that guy? and pointed. He said yes. She was actually pointing at another boy! But when he brought me over, she had no defense to my romantic charm and so I married her. So there was plenty of initiatian going on, lol. Not exacty an office setting, so everything was cool.

The 2nd girl that I would have married, wanted to marry me too. We had that discussion! But sadly, she died after receiving the Covid Vaccination.

I tell you one thing, those European girls make excellant wives. They are not lazy or dumb and she could cook dinner from nothing, the gravel in the driveway almost!

Ok, I'll include a bonus too. Don't settle because you are impatient for a Wife. She is out there for you, so don't slip and fall into some other girls bed because you're lonely for companionship. If you wouldn't eagerly marry her then you shouldn't even be talking to her, lol. Be patient and keep your eyes open.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You consider early 30s too old? I am guessing you are in your 20s?

I am in my early 30s.

I do not consider it ideal to start a long-term relationship with a woman that age. Some women can still look good during their early-30s, but mid-late 30s is often a different story. You cannot avoid your pattern getting older, but it doesn't make sense to not have something of an age gap, especially if a man is settling down later in life. A big psychological reason men find women feminine/thus appealing is the sense of wanting to protect her. That really diminishes as she ages. I don't look at a +35-year-old woman that way. It's the other side of the coin of women wanting taller men to feel protected.

There are pretty basic evolutionary reasons why this is the case.

Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,843.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
All the women I work with are married, so that's a very good reason for me not to date at work...

• Winner
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am in my early 30s.

I do not consider it ideal to start a long-term relationship with a woman that age. Some women can still look good during their early-30s, but mid-late 30s is often a different story. You cannot avoid your pattern getting older, but it doesn't make sense to not have something of an age gap, especially if a man is settling down later in life. A big psychological reason men find women feminine/thus appealing is the sense of wanting to protect her. That really diminishes as she ages. I don't look at a +35-year-old woman that way. It's the other side of the coin of women wanting taller men to feel protected.

There are pretty basic evolutionary reasons why this is the case.

I don't particular understand your explanation of why you won't within your own age bracket. From I'm gleaning from this though is that a mid-30s woman is more independent, has her own place, career, etc and thus you are unable to be a provider/protector the way a early 20s woman, that's probably still living with her parents, would?

And it would seem your generalizing how men find younger women more feminine than your similar-aged counter part.

And on the men wanting taller women to "feel protected", is not a desirable trait as it reeks of insecurity.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't particular understand your explanation of why you won't within your own age bracket. From I'm gleaning from this though is that a mid-30s woman is more independent, has her own place, career, etc and thus you are unable to be a provider/protector the way a early 20s woman, that's probably still living with her parents, would?

No, I'm talking about something more primal. Tallness doesn't always correlate to how well a man can protect a woman, yet the primal urge for tallness and its value as a masculine trait still persists. Women become less feminine looking as they get older, less neotenous.. less features that inspire the desire to protect and provide. Believe me, if I were to date an older woman, she better have her act together. Her being helpless isn't cute as it would be when she was younger. But at that point, you're more talking about wanting a warm body for companionship than anything with real depth. Which I believe is more the case with older men who date women their age. The feminine dynamic isn't really there, and they don't want to sacrifice for a woman who can't properly provide it. The quality of the relationship is lessened by default, but for some men that's better than being alone.

And it would seem your generalizing how men find younger women more feminine than your similar-aged counter part.

And on the men wanting taller women to "feel protected", is not a desirable trait as it reeks of insecurity.

I said, women wanting taller men to feel protected. I'm sure some men want taller women to feel protected... and such feelings are probably natural for them.. but it's not the norm. I know of some women who do desire shorter men because they want to be the protector and provider. Go at it, I'm sure those couples are genuinely happy. But overall, most women are going to want traits that are paternal in men, and men will want traits that are more childlike in women. On a primal urge, these go by looks. Everything else is built upon it.

Upvote 0

busywriting

A woman helped by God
Apr 15, 2023
New York
Visit site
✟11,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Couldn't have said this better

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟402,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I the OP still agree that most women in my area are taken and the ones that are single are just not interested.
I live in a place where there are a lot of single women, I think I just feel like I might end up being single because I don't just approach women, I mean I'm not the best at it. I might be single I might not but don't give up.

I've heard e-harmony is a good place for Christians. I heard a lot of the women there are conservative and I honestly recommend it brother check it out :)

Reactions: busywriting
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟187,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I the OP still agree that most women in my area are taken and the ones that are single are just not interested.

I have noticed, seems I come across 40+ divorced women that have no desire to have any kind of male companionships in their lives. It's as if they are content with their own group of gal pals, or hanging out with their extended family members, ie - nieces and nephews, or just hanging out with people in a non-romntic sense.

It's as if they lost romantic desire in their lives. Apparently, it's typically their previous marriage experiences that drove them to this.

Sometimes, it may not have been even bad experiences....they just don't like being married anymore...to have to answer for anyone or to call them to let them know they'll be home late, or need their mutual approval on decision making.

Youi know, things that are a part of a marriage is no longer appealing to them.

Upvote 0

SeventhFisherofMen

You cannot fool Jesus
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2013
CA
✟402,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
US-Republican
I have noticed, seems I come across 40+ divorced women that have no desire to have any kind of male companionships in their lives. It's as if they are content with their own group of gal pals, or hanging out with their extended family members, ie - nieces and nephews, or just hanging out with people in a non-romntic sense.

It's as if they lost romantic desire in their lives. Apparently, it's typically their previous marriage experiences that drove them to this.

Sometimes, it may not have been even bad experiences....they just don't like being married anymore...to have to answer for anyone or to call them to let them know they'll be home late, or need their mutual approval on decision making.

Youi know, things that are a part of a marriage is no longer appealing to them.
That might just be a sign of the times we live in really. But I agree I know someone who is divorced and has no desire to be married again. It's odd because they have nothing negative to say about their ex-husband, it just came down to the idea that they don't want to be married. Although they do use drugs and kind of want to do their own thing so it could be sin related as well. They don't want to answer to God or to their husband and do the right thing. I still pray for them to turn and see and Jesus will heal them.

Upvote 0

busywriting

A woman helped by God
Apr 15, 2023
New York
Visit site
✟11,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Work? That could go bad very fast. Imagine you being stuck to work with someone you dated

• Agree
Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0