Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Say that someone has a sinful addiction, like inappropriate content, for example. He is trying everything he could to stop. He has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, but he is having a hard time taking control over this one problem. He keeps pleading and asking God's forgiveness and mercy. But he feels like God won't forgive him. He even confesses it to other believers. And he hates his sin. But his sin is like a drug.

Where would he go if he died before he gains victory of his sin?

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Not many if any become overnight saints, that are sinless. What we become is saved by Jesus through Grace. Only God can judge each individual and his heart. Many believers including myself struggle against sin everyday, some find a victory of some sin quicker than others, others struggle against the same thing all their life. Just know there is victory in Christ for any condition your fighting against…….continue to read Romans, and seek the Lord for help, God Bless.

Upvote 0

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He keeps pleading and asking God's forgiveness and mercy. But he feels like God won't forgive him.
Those two are not the only things you can plead from God regarding the matter. You can also ask for the power to resist the temptation.

And... as a matter in fact, it has worked for me. And I feel, not just for the promise to Him. I have actually felt myself more pacified, so I don't need to convince myself as much to stay away from the specific sin.

Sometimes it took a few prayers to get rid of the addiction I had. But eventually I could keep myself clear.

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Say that someone has a sinful addiction, like inappropriate content, for example. He is trying everything he could to stop. He has accepted Jesus as his Lord and Saviour, but he is having a hard time taking control over this one problem. He keeps pleading and asking God's forgiveness and mercy. But he feels like God won't forgive him. He even confesses it to other believers. And he hates his sin. But his sin is like a drug.

The real problem here is...he feels like God won't forgive him. I would tell him, he may believe in Christ, he may think of Christ as his Lord. Yet he doesn't believe in God's grace and mercy. He has placed himself back under the law, attempting to earn his own righteousness. He hasn't entered into the rest of Jesus our Lord.

When I came to Christ, He forgave me for my sins. The sins I had committed, the sins I commit and the sins I will commit. He died for each and every sin, no exceptions. We know that a sinner cannot enter the kingdom of heaven. John says that if a man says he has no sin, he is a liar and Christ is not in him. John also says that a Christian cannot sin. We cannot sin because we are not under the law, we are under Grace. So, even though we do sin the bible says...blessed is the man whom the Lord does not impute sin upon.

As Paul says, God forbid that we do sin. Praise the Lord, when we do we have Christ. Each time we do, we are to get back up and turn to Christ, ask for forgiveness and believe it is already there. I would tell him, it is Christ that we have put on. We live in His righteousness, not our own. There is no condemnation to those that are in Christ Jesus. Trust in the promises of God.

Read your bible daily, pray constantly. Turn this sin, turn all of your sins over to God. Admit you cannot defeat it, it is in his hands. Stand back up, ask for forgiveness...believe you have been forgiven. Walk with the Lord and when you sin again and we all do. Stand back up, turn to the Lord. Ask for forgiveness, believing his promises. He took your sins to the cross, you are forgiven.

The more you lean on Christ, the easier it gets. You will than understand the comfort the Holy Spirit brings. Recite scripture to yourself, especially that there is no condemnation in those that are in Christ Jesus. When you doubt the forgiveness you have already received.

In Christ
Daniel

Forgive me, I'm writing this on my phone...

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You've confused righteousness with sinlessness.

One has got nothing to do with the other. One is imputed by God and our response by faith. The other is trying to obtain legal and moral perfection. Was Abraham righteous? Was Abraham sinless? Yes, no, respectively. Now was Jesus righteous? Was he sinless? Yes, and yes, respectively.

Our righteousness isn't whether we do or not do a thing. Do we still sin then? Of course not, because in pursuing the things of the flesh instead of the spirit will still have consequences in the flesh, ergo, life might suck because of our predisposition to sin. And that's where the power of cross comes in to help us overcome it so that sin no longer has dominion over us.

Upvote 0