Rotherham,uk
✟7,632.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Simeon said: 'This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Isreal, and to be a sign that will be soken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will ierce your own soul too.' luke 2:35

When Jesus was born, hopes of the coming of the messiah ran high. Most people believed he would come with pomp and ceremony to rescue Isreal from its enemies. But few thought differently. These were known as ' The quiet in the land'. They did not dream of violence or ower or armies . Rather, they devoted themselves to a life of quiet prayer and constant watchfulness and waited patiently for the time when God would send the promised saviour. Among these praying people was Simeon.
Simeon predicts that Jesus' life will demand a response from people. They will either be for him or against him. And he tells Mary the privilage of being God's mother will prove to be a costky one.

Lord Jesus, I marvel at the prayerfulness of Simeon which brought him to the kind of stillness where your voice is clearly heard. And I marvel at the quiet trust displayed by Mary as, step by step, your will for her Son was revealed. As this new year unfolds, grant to me that quiet trust which is prepared to watch and to wait, to listen and to belive in you at all times and in all places.

Amen.

Reactions: CCe