The Artist Formerly Known as RegularGuy
Mar 31, 2007
United States
✟17,408.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Place it up next to God's Word. It's a lie.

Place that statement next to Exodus 20:16 and see how your insinuations stack up.

Have you read any of the poetry of David?

David? The second King of Israel? The apple of God's eye? The guy who loved Jonathan beyond the love of women (though he loved a few women too)? The murdering adulterer? Have I read his poetry?

I assume you mean the book of Psalms, though not all of them are attributed to David.

I can't really say that I've read them. See, my command of Scottish dialect is better than my comprehension of Hebrew. I have read them in various English translations, though that isn't really the same, is it? Poetry never really translates well.

But if you'll allow translation, then yes, I've read the Psalms many times through. Sometimes twice a year. There's some really good stuff in those Psalms. I like the shepherd thing and the rock and bulwark stuff. The harps and timbrels are inspiring. The bit about dashing children's heads against the rocks...not so much.

All in all, though, the book of Psalms is a great collection of poems and songs and wisdom lit and prayers and even a few oracles. By the way, I can see how those oracles might be considered the "word of God througgh [sic] and through" but the prayers...

Since prayers are words addressed to God, if the prayers are the words of God, was God just talking to himself when he inspired David (and Moses and the Korahites and Asaph) to write those Psalms?

That's what we call not being phased by lies.

I think you mean "fazed." That would be the second word I taught you, except that you don't learn from those who disagree with you.

Your lack of understanding is evidenced by your remaining at odds with God's Word.

Your opinion.

Reactions: Kenzi
Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
At the risk of being annoying, may I point out that the topic of the thread is not "Is Zaac or Regular Guy doing better at being Christian?" but "Should we allow gay marriage?"

Profitable questions might be" Who's 'we'?", "Allow in what sense?", and "What do you mean by the term 'gay marriage'?" I'm still looking to see the claimed Scriptural proof that God [u[defines[/u] marriage as being between one man and one woman, and also the Scriptural requirement, or even the consent, that Christians in a commonwealth use their political power to force what they consider moral behavior on others.

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any fornication outside of marriage is a sin. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

The bible has many references to marriage ( the wedding the most often used allegory in thee bible ) - one of most often quoted being - Matthew 19:5 - I'm going to guess you can probably list them as well as I can. The fact is the theme of marriage runs through the old and new test. because the Bible is telling the story of Christ and his bride. In all those references ... everry single one ...it is between man and woman.

Additionally - Christ gave authority to bind and loose to his Church - and church magisterium has unequivocally said marriage is between a man and a woman.

Now we can argue about specific quotes or we could argue about the Authority of the Catholic Church -- or even the authority of the wider christian church - the body of Christ .... but we've both been through these arguments a billion times I'm sure.

I wonder though if someone could show you unequivocally that the homosexual act is a sin ...that Jesus loves the sinner anyway ...and has died for his/her sins ...and is asking the sinner to love him in return and turn aside from that sin .....would you ? ( sorry if I'm pressuming from your statements you are actively choosing this particular sin right now )

Th fact is I do not have to argue and debate this with you ...you have heard the Gospel and are rejecting it because you have knowledge of good and evil ...and no one can tell you what to do ( the 1st sin ) lest you think I am doing what I accuse you of ( thinking I know on my own ...) I don't ...on my own I would say "Gay Marriage ...great. Homosexuality not a sin Great. Promescuity not a sin Great ..." man I'd love to do just whatever I wanted ....but that's making an idol out of self. I do not say these things. I do not say them because I believe there is a higher Truth that is telling us not to say them ...and not to do them..

I do not need to try and convince you ...Jesus will present his view to you in person...and in his infinite love and mercy he will ask you to turn away from sin and love him freely and completely. I pray that you accept his invitation.

Hey, I simply asked: Where are we told unequivocally that homosexual acts (per se) are a sin? I've already accepted Jesus. I am not 'gay'. But my question still remains. A 'sexual orientation' is not and CANNOT be 'a sin'. It is 'normal' for the person who HAS that particular orientation be it heterosexual or homosexual. I just can't get my head around what the big deal is. Further, using the words of the Bible to condemn one with a 'different' orientation from 'the norm' is surely 'a sin' of its own ...?

Last edited:
Upvote 0