Should the son of a deadbeat biological father be put to death?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
At the end of the day what you need to do to improve yourself
The reality is we all have to live with ourselves. So we need to become a person we are happy with. The last thing we need is to be someone that we are not happy with.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Have nothing to do with dead beat dad. If he won't pay child support. Psalm chapter 26, have nothing to do with the wicked. Romans chapter 12, vengeance belongs to God. Let God take care the wicked. Capitol punishment is for capital crimes. Dead beat dad doesn't fit Capitol punishment. Study the bible.

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm the son of a deadbeat father myself, and I'll be 19 in March. I keep thinking back to certain clues and events throughout my life, and I don't know why, but I feel like I should die. I don't feel scared to die, however I do feel sad and excited whenever I think about it.

My mother, grandmother, and stepfather, who are all believers of God and the Bible, looks down on my biological dad and his family. And rightfully so, since my dad walked out on me and my mom when I was 2, and we both had to go back to living with my grandmother.

Anyways, my grandmother hates my dad, my stepdad does too, and I'm pretty sure anyone else who knew that my dad was a deadbeat would hate him too, and would see me as unlucky for being a male child of his.

When I keep thinking about all of this, it makes the concept of death seem less and less scary. What do y'all think?
God judges a person on what they, themselves do.
The children of a deadbeat Dad, are not responsible for who their father was.

You may feel bad, but God sees you as a valuable human being, regardless of who your dad was.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm the son of a deadbeat father myself, and I'll be 19 in March. I keep thinking back to certain clues and events throughout my life, and I don't know why, but I feel like I should die. I don't feel scared to die, however I do feel sad and excited whenever I think about it.

My mother, grandmother, and stepfather, who are all believers of God and the Bible, looks down on my biological dad and his family. And rightfully so, since my dad walked out on me and my mom when I was 2, and we both had to go back to living with my grandmother.

Anyways, my grandmother hates my dad, my stepdad does too, and I'm pretty sure anyone else who knew that my dad was a deadbeat would hate him too, and would see me as unlucky for being a male child of his.

When I keep thinking about all of this, it makes the concept of death seem less and less scary. What do y'all think?
You've been hurt, and it has scarred you. It is impairing your ability to think clearly. Find a good counselor. Best of luck to you.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

If you are in Christ, depending on His shed blood on the Cross for your sins, then there is no condemnation to you. You don't have to be subject for the sins of others. All those family members will have to stand before Jesus Christ one day and give their own account of their lives. You have a life in Christ, so get yourself sorted out with God, allow the Holy Spirit to build you up in your most holy faith, and get on with your life.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Demons can be any age, from a kid to a 110 year old man.
  1. People are not demons.*
  2. Threads about demons & deliverance are not allowed here.
  3. Entertaining deliberate pursuit of death is called suicidal ideation and is not from God.
I feel like I should die.
Jesus did not kill people for having demons...!
What did He do, instead?

*If you really want to know the specifics of Christian demonology, visit a church that includes a deliverance ministry like,
(Links above are locators.)
They are present in other countries, as well.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I think we all have 1 or 2....deadbeats in our family. Who would be left?

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bit worried that the OP hasn't been seen since March 23. :prayer:
He hadn't recieved much help, on a personal level. I would have ditched the thread too.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He hadn't recieved much help, on a personal level. I would have ditched the thread too.
To be fair he didn't ask foe help in thr OP.

He basically said "all these bad things happened to me so now death doesn't seem so bad. What do you think about that as a concept".

My rhought is that many people have struggles and persevere through them but it's understandable that they would have a more acceptable view of death.

If someone's life were perfect they may not be so excited to die.

I'm more guessing he didn't come back cause no one quite replied with what he wanted to hear

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Verv

Senior Veteran
Apr 17, 2005
서울
✟31,762.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

The most important thing for you to know, IMO, is that Christ absolutely loves you - and your mother, and your father. Maybe your father completely abandoned your family for purely selfish & egotistical reasons. Maybe your father walked out because of something far more complicated we cannot know about...

But I can say that it is not appropriate for them to speak so ill of your father in front of you. Now, I am not judging, it is probably very frustrating and upsetting for them, and you have likely asked about it. It is also their right to tell the truth as they understand it. I won't stand in the way of that... But since you are your father's son, you deserve a relationship with your father, and you deserve to form your own opinion of him, to have respect for him, and to see yourself as his son... Even if right now he is gone and you may not have any chance of meeting him.

Because you are your father's son, no matter what.

It is not good to rob you of any potential of feeling good about him, IMO. Nonetheless, this is a very common issue that you are experiencing, and your mother is surely a dedicated and loving mother who wants the best for you, and thus is trying to warn you against such behavior... But I do say... I think it would be best for you to be open to loving your father, because I think that would help you deal with your own very intense feelings about life.

I met a homeless man who once traveled internationally for work as a journalist but his alcoholism took it all away from him and alienated him from his family. I Knew his story must be true because he spoke English at such a high level when men of his generation generally can't. Whatever happened there, I just don't know... But it has taught me that life is very complicated, and I cannot judge anyone.

I have more faith that everyone, deep down, is going through a huge battle we do not know about. I think that is probably the case with your father. I know he is loved by Christ, and that you are, too, and that you should strive to honor your father by doing the best you can and keeping good confidence in yourself. Your life is worthwhile, and you are asking us some very good questions here.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,335.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have nothing to do with dead beat dad. If he won't pay child support. Psalm chapter 26, have nothing to do with the wicked. Romans chapter 12, vengeance belongs to God. Let God take care the wicked. Capitol punishment is for capital crimes. Dead beat dad doesn't fit Capitol punishment. Study the bible.
Could you list capital crimes from the bible?

Upvote 0