✟22,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ivanthegood said:
my pleasure is living a godly life denying myself and following Jesus who said "be holy because I am holy"............my message is that if your addicted to this behavior you can get set free from it, why anyone would want to live their life with the constant nagging that this addiction holds on people i'll never know! but the first step in getting free is like any first step in getting free from sin, you must see it as a sin and repent

Well said, we must go beyond what secularism says about masturbation being "healthy" and realize that it is an activity of self-gratification, which can be transformed into the desire to please God instead of self. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Yes, my pleasure is to live a godly life. So I do deny myself and live a holy life.
Secondly, I'm not addicted to masturbation. Never have been.
Third, I am free. Jesus set me free from sin 51 yrs ago. I've loved Jesus ever since. I( have not denied Him once in that time.

So you can't find one reference to inappropriate contenteia being masturbation from 100BC to 200AD. That tells me your not living by the word of God but by your own self righteousness and adding to the Word of God. Plus your judging me in essentually saying I'm not living for God, when I am. So again your disobey the written word of God.

Your welcome to your opinion. I encourage you to live accordingly. But since your not god, I don't think its wise to tell others that they are bound by sin and need to repent for disobeying you.

Blessings brother.

my pleasure is living a godly life denying myself and following Jesus who said "be holy because I am holy"............my message is that if your addicted to this behavior you can get set free from it, why anyone would want to live their life with the constant nagging that this addiction holds on people i'll never know! but the first step in getting free is like any first step in getting free from sin, you must see it as a sin and repent

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well for one do you believe having sex with a blow up doll is a sin (yes or no) if yes what would the difference be of sticking your penis in a piece of plastic or your hand, your having sex with yourself, you are a lover of yourself, its a lewd behavior, its completely addicting, (otherwise people wouldn't do it) Its self abuse, its a complete lack of self control, its whole basis is lust, and self gratification........i'm not sure why sex with your hand even needs explaination from a biblical stand point. almost as if i'm talking with folks that have seared they're consciences

On the other hand, if you can't show in scripture where it is forbidden, why should you even be joining in the conversation.

As far as the blow up doll goes-- that's disgusting, gross, weird, but whether it's a sin or not depends on masturbation is a sin.

You say 'the whole basis is lust.' What is lust? Is it sexual in nature? In modern English, we use the term to refer to sexual desires. I've even heard the term used to describe legitimate sexual desire in nature. The Bible speaks of 'lusts' and in the New Testament, the term is used to refer to illegimate desires. Paul gives us a clue as to what lust is in Romans 7 where he says,

"For I had not know lust, except the law had said, thou shalt not covet."

Jesus said, as recorded in Matthew 5, that he who looks on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her in his heart. Compare that with one of the 10 commandments which says not to covet your neighbor's wife.

You don't covet your own car. It's yours. One might sin by treating his car as a god, and treasuring it more than loving God, but they don't covet their own property. Men don't covet their own wives, because their wives are their own. Women don't covet their own husbands.

Who does your hand belong to? The Bible uses the phrase thy hand. What if one's wife's hand is involved. Is this sinful in your opinion?

Masturbation is lustful, I suppose, if it is done while coveting. Lots of men do that. I suppose it is possible to touch without doing that. I've read about people who started masturbating when they were very small children. I don't suppose all of them were coveting specific individuals.

I know this is an emotional issue and one that a lot of people are very invested in. I am very happy to be married, myself. I wouldn't tell someone who doesn't believe masturbating is allowed to do so. It can easily be a sin against conscience and therefore against God. But I don't see a solid basis for condemning others either. Calling it 'lewd' doesn't prove it is sinful. You could also call someone who has an emission at night sinful, and accuse them of having wicked dreams.

If, as John puts it, sin is lawlessness, and you consider masturbation to be a sin, shouldn't you be able to show from scripture that this is the case before making the assertion?

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I also like to think about the poor in this world. They have very little to have pleasure in. Hopefully, they have a lot of family and friends around them that bring them great joy.

Many of the things I'm involved cost me quite a bit of money. I enjoy them a lot and often thank God for them. Thinks like hiking, travel, meeting other people with the same interests that I have. We go out to eat. We travel miles in our cars. Last weekend I drive 6 hours to be with family.

These things aren't big money. But the are a 100 here 20 there. Much more money than billions of poor in this world have. God gave all humans one gift that almost everyone would enjoy, it costs them nothing, it lasts their whole life. Even slave masters don't usually take it from them. They can have a nice [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]. Yet, rich people in nice churches would make them feel guilty and unclean while claiming to teach about the joy of obeying God's law. I'd not want to be that person who took one of the few joys in life the poor have.

Just what the Bible says, Wow to them that shall call ... good evil.

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

Frequent poster
Dec 3, 2011
Mayfield, USA
Visit site
✟15,934.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All good points here, even by Ivan.

MB isn't something I'm proud of, nor something I recommend others do.
For years, used to think of it as a very bad sin, but still did it, as I imagine many lonely single guys do.

There are far worse things a man could do to relieve sexual tension...

Odd, but I don't really recall MB'ing until I hit 18-19 in college, after I had some sex in HS, wayyyyyyy too early and a big regret. Usually, guys MB then have sex, but for some reason, cannot recall really MB'ing until college, when I became of faith.

Am trying to MB less frequently.
Haven't really done it in maybe a week or so and am amazed I haven't really felt any need to MB in the past 5 days or so. Can go for a couple of weeks, maybe, without needing it.

TBH, I'd prefer real LM vs. MBing.

Really try not to do it during a day when I think my spouse may be more "receptive" later that evening bec. it ruins everything if I come to bed late and she's "willing..." However, those times are very rare.

My case, in dealing with a refusing spouse,detailed here, in case you haven't seen it.
http://www.christianforums.com/t7582969-4/#post60343870

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't see that masturbation is sinful. I think it can be sinful depending on what kind of thoughts the person uses while masturbating. Only God and the individual can really know when thoughts about sex pass from thoughts about sex into the area of lust.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I would say into the the area of coveting your neighbor's wife. then it fits with the the 10 commandments that Jesus was preaching about.

Yup. Keeping thoughts to fictional characters is the best way to avoid lust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Äzer Salzar

May 4, 2016
Texas
✟7,629.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
A person who's never masturbated before is a true Saint, personally I believe that you are fine, but it's all up to personal opinion. On the other hand if you're worried about upsetting your God the whole time its not going to be fun, or worth it, you came this far wait it will be better that way. I hope you and your to be partner are both sexually compatible together, best of luck

Upvote 0

seeing_glory

daughter of the King †
May 1, 2016
USA
✟15,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The reason that it can be sinful is because of lust. The Bible says that even if a man thinks of a woman in that way, he's already committed adultery. Most of the time, people use either inappropriate content or visual thoughts to stimulate, which is lust. HOWEVER, it IS possible to touch without having those thoughts. I'm in a similar situation at OP, trying to wait for sex, and I've found that I'm able to self-stimulate with a clear mind, just focusing on what I'm doing. Hope this sheds some light.

Upvote 0

Ezie

Oct 25, 2015
United Kingdom
✟8,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I've thought about this issue in the past and on reading through some different articles came to agree that masturbation is not a sin and it is not mentioned specifically in the Bible. I would never want to challenge or disagree with God or anything that Jesus said, but if it's not directly clear that masturbation is a sin then people should be able to do it if they wish. Why do we need to wonder and worry about these things? Why do we as humans need to touch? I think everyone masturbates. It is a natural function and has some very good benefits. For example, masturbating can help you sleep, but there are more beneficial things from it. Have a read of the article yourself at www.themarriagebed.com

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So.... I'm a Christian and so is my boyfriend. We're both adults, and are both waiting till marriage to have sex. Now, I understand that we all have urges. we're human. I'm physically attracted to my boyfriend and he is the same towards me. Yet we of course won't and can't do anything about it and just ignore the urges.

Well, the thing is he started saying to me he used to touch, and this would ease up his sexual urges towards me whenever we're together snuggling. but I told him he can't touch because Christians don't do that. I used to touch but I don't anymore since I know it's wrong. He said he's stop. but was I wrong to make him stop? Is it actually wrong for Christians to touch? And if so, where does it say in the Bible?

Also, how far can an unmarried Christian couple go when it comes to being physical with each other? Snuggling? Spooning (with clothes on of course)? Or just arms draped around one another?

it would be an exaggeration to say that we should do it - it is at least as to tell others to eat so and so much pork in a such and such a time, how to recommend it, especially to everyone?!, on the other hand we can't stop anyone that is licentious from doing it if the true God doesn't make him/her continent/chaste, but even if someone does not manage to abstain from it, more important is the non-infliction of harm/affliction, for many fornicators/harlots survived more than others precisely because they were not cursed/doomed/judged too much, and were forgiven/blessed/sanctified by good believers/clergymen - let's not be murderers, destroy the unsouled spirits/forces of the "darkness", but spare the (be)souled human beings

Blessings

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kmrichard7

May 20, 2015
✟10,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm sure I'm just an echo at this point but masturbation is not biblically wrong. Lust is.
If he is allowing his sexual fantasies and desires to fuel his masturbation it is sinful. If he is using his love for you or if he is just going through the physical motions to bring himself to the finish line, without lust, that is not wrong biblically.

It takes a lot of will power to resist lust when you are already sexually excited but if you have enough self control to prevent that, I see no harm.

But I'm not God so ultimately this decision needs to be between him and God, he needs to bring this matter to God, not to any human.

Upvote 0

DayleCranfield

May 20, 2016
Jeju, Korea
✟7,612.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am a fairly new Christian and this is the way I see it. I think masturbation is wrong.

1) Gen 38:9-10 Clearly wasting your seed is displeasing to God.
2) If there is a chance of lusting while doing it then I want no part of it. I would be adding to the sins that put Jesus on the cross.
3) Why are you doing it? Because it feels good? Most people are concerned about whether it is a sin or not. I think the better question is, "Does it glorify God?" It's feeding the flesh which is of this world.

It was not easy to stop since I was addicted to inappropriate content too, but I have been delivered. This is what I did, maybe this will help people.
1) Pray to God to help you stop.
2) When you have the urge, don't give in, flee. Go to a place with others and read your Bible.
3) Focus on Jesus and think about how he died on the cross. That should crush any urges.
4) Even using the first 3, it was difficult until God convicted me to give up TV. Only then did the temptations really subside.

But you have to fight. God bless.

Upvote 0