Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is he a Nazi? Enforcing immigration laws, asking for proof of citizenship, and being tough with the jail, I fail to see how that's fascist.

This guy is a Nazi. He should be arrested and forced to be incarcerated under a regime such as his.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nah. I'm a weird, boring guy. I've always obeyed the laws! :p

Have you ever been in jail?

I served a year sentence in the Los Angeles County Jail. It's a nightmare.

Under Arpaio it's worse.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This guy is a Nazi. He should be arrested and forced to be incarcerated under a regime such as his.

Yes, he seems to take pleasure in seeing how far he can push his role as Sheriff. He makes men wear pink and has people sleeping outside. From what I can tell, if they go vegetarian, it'd be a step up from the green meat they're eating now. I'm not soft on crime, but it's almost like he gets his jolly's seeing what he can get the inmates to do.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm no big fan of Sheriff Joe, but I don't see anything bad about this. Cheaper and likely much healthier than what one would expect from prison food.

Now if he'd only pay attention to crimes with Latina victims and stop worry about birth certificates, I'd have to say he wasn't such a bad guy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Joe Arpaio makes his inmates wear pink underwear, as if that is immasculating or humiliating for them, enforcing not only "the law," but gender discrimination as well. In order to take over yet another aspect of his inmates' lives, he has now instituted another level of deprivation, an exclusively vegetarian menu. I'm mostly vegetarian myself, but I know that going from a meat-based to a vegetarian lifestyle can be chemically demanding on the body. But who knows? Maybe that's what he wants, to incapacitate his inmates chemically for the purpose of control. Heck, given the authority, the man would control which hand his inmates use to touch.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
He is saving $100,000 of tax payer money going meatless.
And if ppl like to eat meat - they should rethink committing a crime in his area.
I doubt that eating vegetarian is cheaper. I can personally attest to consistently paying higher prices for food for eating vegetarian at most establishments. I'm sure you could find someone who could generate an even cheaper menu while still retaining meat, crappy meat that's for sure, but meat nonetheless. I don't see any reason to heap accolades on this man.

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2013
✟455.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Joe Arpaio makes his inmates wear pink underwear, as if that is immasculating or humiliating for them, enforcing not only "the law," but gender discrimination as well. In order to take over yet another aspect of his inmates' lives, he has now instituted another level of deprivation, an exclusively vegetarian menu. I'm mostly vegetarian myself, but I know that going from a meat-based to a vegetarian lifestyle can be chemically demanding on the body. But who knows? Maybe that's what he wants, to incapacitate his inmates chemically for the purpose of control. Heck, given the authority, the man would control which hand his inmates use to touch.

^This :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
From the article - it was a slow process of cutting down on the meat.
He didnt just take it away immediately - it was gradual - if i read it correctly.
Now they eat soy substitute.

Supposedly it tastes like meat. I have had garden burgers at eat n Park - which were fairly decent.
Not sure i am a fan of soy - i cant take it in frequently.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I doubt that eating vegetarian is cheaper. I can personally attest to consistently paying higher prices for food for eating vegetarian at most establishments. I'm sure you could find someone who could generate an even cheaper menu while still retaining meat, crappy meat that's for sure, but meat nonetheless. I don't see any reason to heap accolades on this man.
I dont think restaurant food is comparably to jail food.
Then you wouldn't really have a clue of how bad it is in jail or how much worse Arpaio is making it for his inmates.
The thing is - since its bad - ppl dont often want to go back. And i think thats the point.

I also think 'area' depending matters.
Some want to go back because they dont feel they can make it outside. But the point of jail is punishment...
There is a jail in Pgh that seems like a spa. At least it used to be.
Looks more like a hotel and you can see wide screen tv's and weight rooms all decked out. Its pretty nice - and i can see in the windows all the way up because it's next to an over pass.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither would you unless you stayed in his jail?

And I'm quite proud of my not committing any crimes and staying out of jail. I prefer not having a criminal record. :p And I'm so odd that I'm even encouraging my kids to avoid it! Go figure! LOL...

Then you wouldn't really have a clue of how bad it is in jail or how much worse Arpaio is making it for his inmates.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shifting to a meatless diet isn't "chemically demanding" on the body at all. If anything, eating meat is more damaging and chemically taxing!

Upvote 0