USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, christians, as well as other religions are allowed to preach their religion on german streets, as long as they don't threaten their audience, hold them captive or do other less savoury things.

Christians often do, especially at christmas time. I'll go to a christmas market in a big city next week or so, and I already know that there will be 2-3 people standing around and shouting about how I need to get saved or burn in hell.

I'm sure they do, and it's a loving act on there part; however, that's oranges and apples. They don't, as these Muslims do, go around and tell people that their dress and drink are sinful.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If Christians were doing the very same thing, they would have been drawn and quartered in the public square.

Germany's love affair with Islam is going have a tragic ending.
I'll take "Who are the Westboro Baptist Church?" for $500, please.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure they do, and it's a loving act on there part; however, that's oranges and apples. They don't, as these Muslims do, go around and tell people that their dress and drink are sinful.
Some do.

Just like not all muslims choose this tactic and rather stay around and hand our Qurans.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yeah, I don't think they were that out of line. "Telling" folks in an apparently non-intimidating way to not drink, gamble, etc. seems pretty tame and harmless.

Not in my personal perspective, at least. I am from the American south and lived in a large college town for several years - folks handing out bible tracts and talking to club patrons in larger towns at night, reminding them not to drink, etc. is a regular occurrence. I would have no more problem with a Muslim doing so than I have with a Christian doing so.

I had a "friend in college that was a street preacher as a living. He stood out with a megaphone and preached about sex, violence, alcohol, gambling, etc. He did so every Saturday and Friday night as well, right down town, engaging the club goers and bar crawlers. I ran into a few times those nights, talked...then went right into the bar next to him and had a few drinks. Sounds like they were far less intimidating than brother Bobby ever was.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don't think they were that out of line. "Telling" folks in an apparently non-intimidating way to not drink, gamble, etc. seems pretty tame and harmless.

Not in my personal perspective, at least. I am from the American south and lived in a large college town for several years - folks handing out bible tracts and talking to club patrons in larger towns at night, reminding them not to drink, etc. is a regular occurrence. I would have no more problem with a Muslim doing so than I have with a Christian doing so.

I had a "friend in college that was a street preacher as a living. He stood out with a megaphone and preached about sex, violence, alcohol, gambling, etc. He did so every Saturday and Friday night as well, right down town, engaging the club goers and bar crawlers. I ran into a few times those nights, talked...then went right into the bar next to him and had a few drinks. Sounds like they were far less intimidating than brother Bobby ever was.

Does the first commandment still stand?

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Does the first commandment still stand?
Of course it does. Which has what to do with whether these "sharia police" were out of line, legally and socially speaking?

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Of course it does. Which has what to do with whether these "sharia police" were out of line, legally and socially speaking?

This drives me crazy when my wife says it, but it seems perfectly fitting right now: If you don't know, I won't tell you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
This drive me crazy when my wife says it, but it seems perfectly fitting right now: If you don't know. I won't tell you.
That's fine. You don't have to answer a request for clarification on a vague, seemingly off-topic comment you made.

But I only have this to say: we as Christians do not have the right, legally, to tell another religion they cannot evangelize jsut because we (rightly) hold our God as THE God. If we have a problem with it, we should be doing that better ourselves, so that they do not have the people there to convert - not trying to stop them from doing so.

Upvote 0

Oafman

Try telling that to these bog brained murphys
Dec 19, 2012
Malice
✟28,559.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
Folks, you need to break the law to be convicted of something.

Reminds me a little of 4 lads who tried to do something similar in London a few years ago. They were just harmless idiots for a while, until they got into a fight. At which point, they'd broken the law, and were sent to prison. Last we heard of them.

Good and evil are not relative terms.
They are absolutes.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've read on the internet all day!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums