• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

sexually bonded together

Jan 11, 2013
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even if you don't have full intercourse but have done others sexually (like heavy petting, dry humping, touching each other sexually etc etc) are you still bonded together somewhat in a way that you would be if you have intercourse? like would you feel that bond with other person, strong feelings and would it be more difficult to break up and still have see the person and be 'friends'?

Also, from recent situations i feel it is better the refrain from all these things to form a better relationship with someone and really get to know them deep down and understand each other, i guess it would form a better relationship in the long run. I guess I know this is right but still feel i am being silly, probably because the desires are so strong and you really want to do these things.

apologia25

May 31, 2005
Uganda
✟15,324.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I think in terms of bonding I think you're referring to the idea that when you sleep with someone it imprints on your mind. Every time after that your merely replicating what you've already done. I think it is the actual act of sex where something called Oxytocin is released and helps you to bond with that person. However I also think that you're using this as a fear barrier. You're wondering if this is something to worry about. In terms of bonding no, in terms of sin yes. If there is one thing we know about God's will it is for our purity. What you're doing with this person is not okay and will eventually lead to sex(and bonding). Don't look for ways to do everything but a specific sin. When in a relationship we should avoid anything that leads to sex(In some cases even kissing).

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Not bonded. Sexual arousal can feel really nice. But it can prevent developing relationship in other areas, which are often more important for long term compatibility than physical sex. the nice feelings are intimate, but in a more limited scope.

If you are a normal healthy young woman you will be aware of sexual feelings and curiosity. That's part of God's designs for us to multiply and fill the earth. Don't demonise your sexuality but don't indulge it in unhelpful ways long term.

Uncomfortable living with ones sexuality when single. For many "Yes it is". But it's not fatal to exercise healthy moral restraints.

John
NZ

Upvote 0