Seventh Day Adventist Church?

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but I have looked around this site and can't seem to find the right place.

I have been going to a playgroup which is in the Seventh Day Adventist school (called Canberra Christian School) I was wondering does anyone know what exactly they are believing. One of the mums doesn't want to come to Daniels birthday party because she does the children's church (on a Saturday?) at her church (seventh day adventist) I am not sure exactly what they believe. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been looking around at different Christian schools in Canberra to send my son to, the brochure that came from the seventh day adventist school seemed OK to me.

Just if anyone has any ideas about them, I'd love to know. I think someone was telling me that they have Christian beliefs (as in Jesus is the son of God and died for our sin etc) but they are more conservative in their worship styles etc. I hope they do have the same Christian beliefs as me, because the school looks like a good one, and the fee structure seems to be reasonable to me.

danceforjoy

Oct 15, 2003
North of Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,224.00
Faith
Protestant
mamaneenie said:
I know this probably isn't the right place to ask this question, but I have looked around this site and can't seem to find the right place.

I have been going to a playgroup which is in the Seventh Day Adventist school (called Canberra Christian School) I was wondering does anyone know what exactly they are believing. One of the mums doesn't want to come to Daniels birthday party because she does the children's church (on a Saturday?) at her church (seventh day adventist) I am not sure exactly what they believe. Anyone have any ideas?

I have been looking around at different Christian schools in Canberra to send my son to, the brochure that came from the seventh day adventist school seemed OK to me.

Just if anyone has any ideas about them, I'd love to know. I think someone was telling me that they have Christian beliefs (as in Jesus is the son of God and died for our sin etc) but they are more conservative in their worship styles etc. I hope they do have the same Christian beliefs as me, because the school looks like a good one, and the fee structure seems to be reasonable to me.

Dear mamaneenie
You can rest assured that Seventh Day Adventists are proper Christians and have one of the biggest Protestant School system in the world. they believe in keeping all of the Ten Commandments not just nine like most people.
The seventh day sabbath is the fourth of the Ten Commandments found in Exodus 20:8-11. Jesus says that He is the Lord of that sabbath (see Mark 2:28).
Lots of people will say that the Sabbath Day was for Jews only, but the above scripture tells you that it was made for all mankind. So rest in peace and your kids are in good hands
I live in Queensland but used to live in the ACT for 15 years or so where the bruce stadium now stands I lived in the farm house before they demolished it.
God bless you and bye for now.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for that. How long ago were you in Canberr? I cannot remember a time when there was no Bruce stadium.

My husband and I are really just exploring different schools for our son. We are putting him on the waiting lists, because we don't know what could happen. We may not even be in Canberra in a few years time anyway. Also, I am exploring the idea of homeschooling. Do you know much about that?

Upvote 0

danceforjoy

Oct 15, 2003
North of Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,224.00
Faith
Protestant
mamaneenie said:
Thanks for that. How long ago were you in Canberr? I cannot remember a time when there was no Bruce stadium.

My husband and I are really just exploring different schools for our son. We are putting him on the waiting lists, because we don't know what could happen. We may not even be in Canberra in a few years time anyway. Also, I am exploring the idea of homeschooling. Do you know much about that?

In 1978 was the first Commonwealth game held there on the new stadium, that's 25 years ago when we left. We were caretaking the farm house that stood there and I worked for the Dept. of Conservation and Agriculture across the road.
No I don't know much about homeschooling because my children attended Mawson SDA school but I know plenty of parents around here that homeschool their children and for Christians it is the best idea if you can make the time.
Here is one address you can try sonlight@tsn.cc
Ace is probably the biggest run by Baptists USA but have not got the e-mail address. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
danceforjoy said:
In 1978 was the first Commonwealth game held there on the new stadium, that's 25 years ago when we left. We were caretaking the farm house that stood there and I worked for the Dept. of Conservation and Agriculture across the road.
No I don't know much about homeschooling because my children attended Mawson SDA school but I know plenty of parents around here that homeschool their children and for Christians it is the best idea if you can make the time.
Here is one address you can try sonlight@tsn.cc
Ace is probably the biggest run by Baptists USA but have not got the e-mail address. Hope this helps.
In 1978, I was 2. But you don't need to know that, lol...

We are leaving it up to God to help us decide. My son is 2. We are just getting information. We are finding the private school system to be expensive, I am sure God will provide though if it right for us. I am thinking of homeschooling as an alternative, because, I am hearing stuff from Christian parents who have their kids in the public system and it sounds pretty scary.

Upvote 0

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Bevlina said:
Hi Mamaneenie!
Homeschooling is the way to go today. Private schooling is way too expensive and, the public system is getting that way too. Also, you'd be able to teach them the three R's. They seem to forget to teach the kids that today!
Bevlina
That's exactly what I mean. Where you homeschooled? Do you have kids?

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

No Mama...my kids have kids. And, I homeschooled my kids in Q.L.D. for awhile.

But my daughter had a bit of a problem when she asked 10year old Benny to read something to her & found out that after being at school for years he couldn't read a word. So, he now goes to school, but she has to teach him how to read and write at home. :prayer: I'm so glad mine are grown up:prayer:

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

Yes, I have 4 Grandchildren. Homeschooling the children was fun! We did some amazing things. But we did live in the country where cocoons could be watched to hatch etc; everything is so well set out today. I homeschooled under Queensland Correspondence. All the work was sent to the girls & we went from there. It was sent in for correction. You can try it & if you find you can't handle it then the children can go to school, but, one thing is for certain, you do know your children are safe under your care. I'd do it all over again Mamameenie. You've got nothing to lose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums