ander_cool

Oct 10, 2004
✟15,505.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Democrat
Saturday, October 29, 2005 (New Delhi):

A series of explosions rocked Delhi this evening, leaving over 30 people dead and scores injured.

Red alert sounded

A red alert has been sounded and police have deployed additional forces across the Capital.

Home Minister Shivraj Patil is visiting the injured in hospitals.

People have been urged to remain calm and move away from crowded markets. Police have ordered all markets in the city to shut down.

"I would request people who have collected at the site of the blasts to go back to their families. Their family members will feel reassured," the Home Minister said.

Series of blasts
delhiblast6.jpg

The first blast took place in the main bazaar of Paharganj near the New Delhi Railway Station at around 5:30 pm (IST).

According to the police, fifteen people have been killed in the Paharganj blast.

Scores of people have been injured in the explosion, eyewitnesses said.

"I was talking to a client when the blast took place. The blast took place about 20 metres away. Right after the blast, people were running here and there," said Sajjan Singh, shopkeeper, Paharganj.

Around half an hour later, at 6:05 pm (IST), the second explosion took place in south Delhi's busy Sarojini Nagar market.
http://www.ndtv.com/topstories/showtopstory.asp?slug=Serial+blasts+rock+Delhi%2C+over+30+dead&id=18069&category=National

sanaa

Sep 30, 2004
bombay
✟3,305.00
Faith
Hindu
here is another link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9859307/

A series of near simultaneous explosions rocked the Indian capital Saturday evening, tearing through a bus and two markets jammed with people shopping for gifts ahead of an upcoming Hindu festival. At least 49 people were killed, officials said.
While urging people to remain calm, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh denounced the apparently coordinated bombings as terrorist attacks.

:( i think i have lost count of how many terrorist attacks india has faced over the last few years , though they have been on a smaller scale and some were successfully fought off(parliament attack)
i grieve for the people who have lost their family members in this barbaric attack

Upvote 0