Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

A bipartisan coalition of senators behind a cannabis banking bill is pushing for a markup and working to clear key hurdles on both sides of the aisle to lock down support.

“What happened on Schedule III was good, another potential breakthrough,” Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said, adding: “We’re moving to finally end the days of ‘Reefer Madness.’ The federal government just been behind on pot.”

Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) called the HHS decision “a recognition of reality.”

“The idea that you’ve got marijuana legal in over half the states, and yet at the federal level, it’s still categorized in the same category as heroin, it seems a bit out of touch with the science,” Warner said.

I'm on board with this...and glad they managed to get a few republicans on board in the Senate. The House may be a more difficult challenge.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

A bipartisan coalition of senators behind a cannabis banking bill is pushing for a markup and working to clear key hurdles on both sides of the aisle to lock down support.

“What happened on Schedule III was good, another potential breakthrough,” Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) said, adding: “We’re moving to finally end the days of ‘Reefer Madness.’ The federal government just been behind on pot.”

“The idea that you’ve got marijuana legal in over half the states, and yet at the federal level, it’s still categorized in the same category as heroin, it seems a bit out of touch with the science,” Warner said.

I'm on board with this...and glad they managed to get a few republicans on board in the Senate. The House may be a more difficult challenge.
Right after they use hundred of hours of Senate time to meander around the esteemed Senator from Alabama’s hold on military promotions, yes.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,914.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

This is a step in the right direction. I have argued (elsewhere) for years that the laws in my country need reform.

I have argued for marijuana products to be sold under licence as tobacco is here.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is what happens when a completely state regulated business intersects with interstate commerce. We have cash retail outlets that cant bank. Its so dumb.

Obviously cannibis should be legal, tho I have some quibbles with the absurd strength of some of the refined products. I'm even a bit skeptical of the advertising free for all that dispensaries enjoy - tho its not really different from liquor stores / supermarkets re alcohol.

Upvote 0