✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ignore abuse?

You'll never handle all of the abuses in every system. There are sensible things one can do to minimize them when they become big. But most solutions to eliminate abuses in a system, altogether are ham-fisted and will end up hurting a lot of vulnerable people or undercutting critical personal liberties. Further, somebody will still find a way to abuse the system in spite of the iron fist.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟900,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You'll never handle all of the abuses in every system. There are sensible things one can do to minimize them when they become big. But most solutions to eliminate abuses in a system, altogether are ham-fisted and will end up hurting a lot of vulnerable people or undercutting critical personal liberties. Further, somebody will still find a way to abuse the system in spite of the iron fist.
short of just pulling the system entirely which would sure enough hurt people.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟900,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So the senate finally realized the insurance agencies are the only one's that profit.
What does that have to do with anything?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The best thing that can happen here, (because we know a 2/3 majority won't happen)...is that the Affordable Care Act be revised by congress. They can do that on the basis that this is a BAD LAW! Americans are trusting congress rather than dictating to congress what they want. They allowed them to pass a bill that they never read or even knew what was in it.

How many of you sign on to something that will affect you, without reading it?

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The aspect of that bill that seems most problematic to me is that it would reverse Medicaid expansions. The repealing of certain tax increases is irrelevant to me either way. The defunding of Planned Parenthood seems tangential to Obamacare all together and is just a way to keep the antiabortion wing of the party motivated and happy.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
It seems to me we have some options: Obviously, those people who cannot afford health care do not deserve it.

Of course, people with life threatening illnesses or injuries who cannot afford medical care should not be made to suffer through the illness or injury. This is where I think Republicans had the right idea with "death panels". Doctors should be able to decide whether a patient's finances can cover the cost of treatment, and if not the doctor would just shoot them. Or hang them, or suffocate them; whatever is deemed the most humane.

It is ludicrous to suggest that the lives of the poverty stricken and poor is worth the financial burden to upstanding citizens.

The more humane and economical solution of course, is to simply delete the poor and poverty stricken entirely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems to me we have some options: Obviously, those people who cannot afford health care do not deserve it.

Of course, people with life threatening illnesses or injuries who cannot afford medical care should not be made to suffer through the illness or injury. This is where I think Republicans had the right idea with "death panels". Doctors should be able to decide whether a patient's finances can cover the cost of treatment, and if not the doctor would just shoot them. Or hang them, or suffocate them; whatever is deemed the most humane.

It is ludicrous to suggest that the lives of the poverty stricken and poor is worth the financial burden to upstanding citizens.

The more humane and economical solution of course, is to simply delete the poor and poverty stricken entirely.

Well this took a horrifying turn.

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟99,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm all for universal health care but I don't think Obamacare accomplishes anything remotely close to that. Especially with the fines if you don't/can't afford insurance.

The idea behind Obamacare, as envisioned by the Heritage Foundation, was that if everyone had to have medical insurance, the risk pool would increase and private for-profit insurance carriers would find it easier to reduce their premiums. It was a conservative, market-based plan that conservatives like Mitt Romney loved....at least, until Obama and some democrats got ahold of it. Then they hated it because....reasons.

-- A2SG, still unclear on those, but GRRR Obama! amIrite....

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The idea behind Obamacare, as envisioned by the Heritage Foundation, was that if everyone had to have medical insurance, the risk pool would increase and private for-profit insurance carriers would find it easier to reduce their premiums. It was a conservative, market-based plan that conservatives like Mitt Romney loved....at least, until Obama and some democrats got ahold of it. Then they hated it because....reasons.

-- A2SG, still unclear on those, but GRRR Obama! amIrite....

So basically it was never going to work as intended no matter what. Do people just straight up ignore human nature when making laws? You can't assume people default to charity. Humans are greedy.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think he forgot the </sarcastic> tag. Willtor's sarcasm meter was reading pretty high.

Text + my autism = you really need to make sure I know you're being sarcastic on a forum. I will take you literally, otherwise.

Upvote 0