• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

self diagnosed

botham

Nov 21, 2012
Canada
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thanks. Before I took the test I decided to be totally honest, and I scored so high that the diagnosis is definite. All my life I have struggled with something that had a hold on me; I was treated for depression, schizophrenia, bipolar etc. Nothing helped--the feelings of abandonment, rejection and alienation persisted no matter what. I went the alcohol route and of course that turned out the usual way. But even in 12 step groups I felt the same rejection. But getting this high score and now connecting with others and reading their descriptions about their BPD symptoms, I know that's what it is. And I feel better just knowing this. It's only been about a month so I'm hopeful. I can now be much more specific in my prayers for others and my own situation. I'm going to tell my daughter in time because of course she experienced some of the downside. So God bless and I'm going to send a general prayer to our Heavenly Father for all those who need help for BPD.

Upvote 0

botham

Nov 21, 2012
Canada
✟7,623.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes, black and white thinking is a tendency. Just to let you know how much experience I have had in the area of mental health, look up 'insulin coma therapy', if you don't already know what it is. I had it when I was 18 years old. Lots of ECT, major neuroleptics, etc. No meds for years, except the odd minor tranquilizer when the anxiety gets difficult. I just came across the BPD description and it fits perfectly. Then I thought I'd check out and see if there was a Christian support group. Glad I came across this and thanks for your comments. It helps just having this knowledge and my prayers can be more specific and also I have others who I understand and can pray for.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I did the same tests and got told I have "moderate" BPD. I'm not sure how reliable these tests are though and you are right to go to see a professional as even if you don't have BPD they sound like you may need help.:hug::pray:

The online tests can give you an indication, but a trained professional is required to give an accurate diagnosis.

In dealing with someone for sometime with BPD, I have researched the topic quite intensely and have spoken with several psychological professionals about the subject.

First, it is important to get a diagnosis, from a professional trained to correctly diagnose a personality disorder and there are a lot of professionals who lack the proper training. Second, very few people are pure "BPD", as they tend to have a blend of other traits of personality disorders as well (paranoid, narcissist, etc. etc.). Some with BPD can have higher narcissist traits and some can have more paranoid traits. Some can be very high functioning and the behaviors only show up in certain situations and some can be low functioning, where the behaviors show up virtually all the time.

Upvote 0