Midwest
✟8,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm new to this forum currently seeking advice on a problem. I'm currently a 4-year member of a church. We changed churches because we had to move. I poured myself into this new church for the first 2 years. I did this really to try and connect to other women in the church and to serve. I loved every minute of this time I had in the church. Because of some major life changes, I had to stop all of my volunteering at the church. I feel that I was naive in assuming that I had nurtured some great friendships with the women that I was volunteering with in the church, but I was sadly wrong. I am still able to attend the Wednesday Bible study, Sunday morning, and the twice monthly evening services that we have in homes. Still, I have no connections any more. I went to the pastor with my husband asking for advice on what I should do at this point. He told me to volunteer. I was stunned considering he knew my current situation as to why I simply could not volunteer in this season of life. It's been 2 years now despite my extra efforts in trying to maintain friendship. I've given up and I'm so sad. I don't even want to attend this church anymore, but I continue to go. I go for my children and my husband. This church is a wonderful place for my husband and children, but it's not for me. I feel selfish posting this thread, but I'm at my end. I've tried explaining to my husband but he doesn't see my struggle as an issue. I'm not blaming anyone for the problems that I am facing. I would just like advice on what to do next. I feel stuck.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is where you seek Christian Advice:

You’ll probably get more response there. This forum is just for topics that don’t really fit anywhere else. :)

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Welcome to the forums!

You could make another attempt to reintegrate into the church again, or you could talk to your husband again.

It sounds like someone is going to have to compromise, either you or your husband. If he is unwilling to budge then you may be stuck with your current church. Would he allow you to attend another church on your own? If so, you could seek out another church that you feel best fits you. If not, you could look to online resources to fill in the gaps that are missing at church.

You could connect with fellow Christians online. There are so many Christian groups on various platforms and apps. Join an online church. Join an online Bible study group. Join an online Christian community. And, of course, Christian Forums is a great place to make friends. You may be able to connect with local Christians through online interactions.

God bless!

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm new to this forum currently seeking advice on a problem. I'm currently a 4-year member of a church. We changed churches because we had to move. I poured myself into this new church for the first 2 years. I did this really to try and connect to other women in the church and to serve. I loved every minute of this time I had in the church. Because of some major life changes, I had to stop all of my volunteering at the church. I feel that I was naive in assuming that I had nurtured some great friendships with the women that I was volunteering with in the church, but I was sadly wrong. I am still able to attend the Wednesday Bible study, Sunday morning, and the twice monthly evening services that we have in homes. Still, I have no connections any more. I went to the pastor with my husband asking for advice on what I should do at this point. He told me to volunteer. I was stunned considering he knew my current situation as to why I simply could not volunteer in this season of life. It's been 2 years now despite my extra efforts in trying to maintain friendship. I've given up and I'm so sad. I don't even want to attend this church anymore, but I continue to go. I go for my children and my husband. This church is a wonderful place for my husband and children, but it's not for me. I feel selfish posting this thread, but I'm at my end. I've tried explaining to my husband but he doesn't see my struggle as an issue. I'm not blaming anyone for the problems that I am facing. I would just like advice on what to do next. I feel stuck.
For many people, they get all their relationship needs met by their involvement in events and projects; perhaps this is the mindset of your pastor. If you need deeper friendship, then you should ask God to help you meet that need of yours, and send someone your way with the same need. But this post begs the question, what exactly are you looking for? (how are you looking to connect with others?)

Upvote 0