catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is utterly disgusting. This is why we need to rethink religious exemptions to the standards (laws) society has set. This is child abuse under the guise of religion. People will always use religion as their excuse for hurting others.
I'm of 2 minds about it:

One the one hand it's a clear wrong, and even un-Christian (see my first post in this thread for why).

On the other hand: she's lucky to find out now, and leave that mis-run school, today, before they spend too much time there!

------------------
Another aspect:

One position I take that might surprise some people: I think it is correct that the Supreme Court found that the baker in Colorado that didn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding had the right to refuse.

2018 -- "The Supreme Court on Monday ruled for a Colorado baker who refused to create a wedding cake for a same-sex couple..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c68cf8-6802-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html

I think the court is correct (not just by definition, but in an ultimate way also). We don't help people in any way by forcing them.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She might have been referring to the general breakdown of traditional marriage, with homosexuals living together openly as a contributing factor.
Ok, but...please help, I totally don't understand, and can't think of a way that 'gay marriage' could be a "contributing factor" to breakdown of traditional marriage. (traditional couples aren't staying together simply because they don't know about gay couples)

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A private Christian school in Oklahoma allegedly expelled a second grader and cut ties with her family after she told a female classmate that she had a crush on her.

The student’s mom, Delanie Shelton, told NBC News that she received a call Jan. 21 from the Rejoice Christian School in Owasso, just outside Tulsa, telling her that she had to pick up her 8-year-old daughter, Chloe, after an “incident on the playground.”

Shelton said when she arrived at the school, Vice Principal Kelli Owens asked her how she feels “about girls liking girls.”

“I said, ‘Well, if I'm being honest with you, I think it's OK for girls to like girls,’ and I mean, she looked like disgusted and surprised at my answer,” Shelton said.

A private Christian school in Oklahoma allegedly expelled a second grader and cut ties with her family after she told a female classmate that she had a crush on her.

The student’s mom, Delanie Shelton, told NBC News that she received a call Jan. 21 from the Rejoice Christian School in Owasso, just outside Tulsa, telling her that she had to pick up her 8-year-old daughter, Chloe, after an “incident on the playground.”

Shelton said when she arrived at the school, Vice Principal Kelli Owens asked her how she feels “about girls liking girls.”

“I said, ‘Well, if I'm being honest with you, I think it's OK for girls to like girls,’ and I mean, she looked like disgusted and surprised at my answer,” Shelton said.
She said Principal Rita Woolf asked her where Chloe learned “this kind of language about the word ‘gay,’” to which Shelton said she responded by noting that gay couples are represented in many kids’ television shows, adding, “unless you completely shelter your children, it's just part of life.”

Shelton said the school officials told her to take her daughter home and not to bring her back the next day. When they got home, Shelton said Chloe started crying and told her that a teacher said, “The Bible says that you can only marry a man, and you can only have kids with a man, and it's a sin for girls to like girls, and it's not in the Bible, and it's not OK in God's eyes.”

“She was crying and just asking me if God still loved her, and, you know, if she was wrong for feeling the way that she does,” Shelton added.

Second grade girl expelled from Christian school over girl crush, mom says
This outcome is not about the child at all, although, of course, the child was collateral damage. This is on the MOTHER for teaching her young children one point of view and then sending them to a private Christian school that she well knew adhered to an opposite point of view, based on its faith teachings. She signed a contract.

Bad move, and the child was the victim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True Christianity is, or should be, known for it's exclusivity.

10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

[or 'Why isn't he more exclusive?']

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Matthew 9 NIV

• Winner
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hate, intolerance, bullying, child abuse ...what great standards
In reality, none of those apply here. None of that occurred - except bordering on the last, in that the mother told her child one view was acceptable, and then sent her to a private Christian school that adhered to its faith teachings which she well knew espoused a contrary, biblical view, and to which Mom agreed to abide in writing.

Mom should have been consistent, and her child suffered.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, but...please help, I totally don't understand, and can't think of a way that 'gay marriage' could be a "contributing factor" to breakdown of traditional marriage. (traditional couples aren't staying together simply because they don't know about gay couples)

It's part of the liberal attitudes toward traditional marriage in general.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The choice for all of us -- individuals, churches, schools....

Do you accept the lost, the sinner, and love them and teach them, like Jesus....

?

What is your choice?

On the day of Judgement, we will all answer for what we did knowingly wrong that is big enough to be serious, and of which we did not confess and repent.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's part of the liberal attitudes toward traditional marriage in general. It's part of the leaven that grows and grows.

Well, if this were really so, then marriage would have already collapsed long ago, simply from any sins around the community. (such as adultery, etc., greed, and so on-- things that can destroy marriages if the person in the marriage does them) All marriages through all of time in all nations, because the universal reality that sin is around us.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm of 2 minds about it:

One the one hand it's a clear wrong, and even un-Christian (see my first post in this thread for why).

On the other hand: she's lucky to find out now, and leave that mis-run school, today, before they spend too much time there!

------------------
Another aspect:

One position I take that might surprise some people: I think it is correct that the Supreme Court found that the baker in Colorado that didn't want to bake a cake for a gay wedding had the right to refuse.

2018 -- "The Supreme Court on Monday ruled for a Colorado baker who refused to create a wedding cake for a same-sex couple..."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c68cf8-6802-11e8-bea7-c8eb28bc52b1_story.html

I think the court is correct (not just by definition, but in an ultimate way also). We don't help people in any way by forcing them.
actually the court ruled that legal proceedings in Colorado had shown a hostility to the baker's religious views. The court side stepped ruling on the discrimination the baker was engaging in

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
10 While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. 11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

[or 'Why isn't he more exclusive?']

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

Matthew 9 NIV

This school is demonstrating exclusive beliefs. Regarding the sinners at Jesus' table, "many are called but few are chosen".

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MOD HAT ON

This thread will be permanently closed because the OP is a goad.

Rules violated:

Flaming and Goading
  • Please treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
  • Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF, or use nicknames to do so. A list of unacceptable names can be found here.. Address only the content of the post and not the poster.
  • NO Goading. This includes images, cartoons, smileys or post ratings which are clearly meant to goad. Quoting and then editing another members post to change the original meaning, commonly referred to as "fixed it for you" (FIFY), is considered goading.
  • "Calling out" a member is an unsolicited comment about another member in reference to something they may have said, their personal beliefs, their signature, or their avatar (challenging the member in a negative manner). This applies to any thread, whether the called out member is participating in that thread or not. Do not quote, or make comments about another member, in your signature or user title.
  • Offensive derogatory nicknames and egregious inflammatory comments about public figures may be considered goading.
  • Stating or implying that another Christian member, or group of members, are not Christian is not allowed.
  • If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.