United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was with you 3/4 of the way...

It did start with wanting acceptance
It did move to wanting legal equality
In some instances, it has moved to people wanting "special rights" (certain groups demanding safe spaces on campuses, certain types of decorum at certain parades that would get most people arrested if they did that on a public street, demands about what pronouns everyone else has to use, things of that nature)

However, the last part you speak of, the
"we want special rights so we can convert everyone to be just like us"

I think that one's a bit of a stretch. The "grooming" aspects (while they may exist in some extraordinarily rare cases) aren't common. And the idea that gay people are trying to convert straight people into gay as part of some sexual conquest is pretty far fetched.

If you're talking about the much more vanilla benign premise of "we want the next generation to be ideologically in-line with us so that they'll vote the way we want on things once they're adults", then I may be able to grant you that premise...but it would then need to be pointed out that that would also be true of any Sunday School or Church Youth Group in America.

The entire backbone of the "I should be the one who has the right to promulgate and instill values on certain topics to my child" argument is rooted people wanting to make ideological clones of themselves, yes?

I would assume the reason why my parents dragged me to Sunday School and made me attend the AWANA program for 14 years wasn't because they wanted to me to freely choose whatever values system appealed to me without outside influence...I would think it's because from the time I was 3 until the time I was 17, they were hoping I'd wind up thinking just like them.
Yes I am reasonably certain that your parents did what they did because they wanted what they felt was best for you. That is the job of parents, it is their right, their exclusive right.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes I am reasonably certain that your parents did what they did because they wanted what they felt was best for you. That is the job of parents, it is their right, their exclusive right.
Seems like in the case of this topic, it's the parents who decide that their children go to this summer camp.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Non-sequitur to what I posted.
You claimed people should be concerned about this, but haven't substantiated it beyond your paranoid fears that there's some conspiracy to change things, as if change is innately wrong. Non sequitur is the opposite of what I posted, because you made an assertion you haven't backed up

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm just making dry statements of fact. You're responding with superfluous melodrama.
Pretty sure it's not a fact everyone thinks like you, so maybe get out of the echo chamber once in a while?

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It seems quite clear there's a concerted effort to significantly reshape the mores of society. And of course children are being targeted because they're the future of society. That's just simply the way it is. For some reason people seem to want to obscure that fact as if it's not blatantly obvious.

Insinuation and presuppositions aren't arguments, they're logical fallacies. Do you have anything substantive here or just more speculative nonsense that's reflecting your insecurities with change and using children as a pawn to insist things don't need to stop being how they are now?

You act like this is being forced when that's the opposite: advertisement is not propaganda by necessity, and certainly not when drag is mistakenly conflated with being trans and/or gay, suggesting a massive ignorance in society's perspective that needs correction

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Drag is more of a big part of the LGBTTQQIAAP+ culture. Like you said, Weaving played a drag queen. Is being a drag queen (or drag king) something the Orthodox Church wants to see children getting into?

Well, Tom Hanks didnt do too poorly. I was in a shadowcast of Rocky Horror Picture Show in my late teens. It's part of the performing arts. One of my fraternity brothers is a RC priest who has an MFA in Theater and some of the roles were drag.

tumblr_inline_nydme61c5q1tdxcm2_540.jpg

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You really think that was the point? Let's.just have fun? Because of everything else that is going on today, it's very suspicious that this was just a costume party.
I can't think of what else it might be.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
MMXX, one other thought. Yes, I am tired of the gender identity labels that so many people want to apply. My employer wants us to put our personal pronoun on our email signature. I am pushing back simply out of exhaustion. If someone else wants me to use a particular pronoun, I'll respect that. But the public labeling of "I'm a cis-heterosexual male with ace/demi tendencies" every time I open my mouth does get to be a bit much.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Tom Hanks didnt do too poorly. I was in a shadowcast of Rocky Horror Picture Show in my late teens. It's part of the performing arts. One of my fraternity brothers is a RC priest who has an MFA in Theater and some of the roles were drag.

tumblr_inline_nydme61c5q1tdxcm2_540.jpg

Those two characters weren't drag queens or transvestites. Why not stick with actual drag queen characters like "Tick". Not the actor who played the character, but the character himself. Is Tick's lifestyle as portrayed in the movie something the Church thinks should be taught to children? As for the Tim Curry character; "He is a mad scientist, bent on creating the perfect life form to serve as his sexual plaything". Is this a character children should be emulating?

615JJLb+ELL._AC_UY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pretty sure it's not a fact everyone thinks like you, so maybe get out of the echo chamber once in a while?

That and other superfluousnes doesn't change the facts. It just distacts from addressing them directly.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MMXX, one other thought. Yes, I am tired of the gender identity labels that so many people want to apply. My employer wants us to put our personal pronoun on our email signature. I am pushing back simply out of exhaustion. If someone else wants me to use a particular pronoun, I'll respect that. But the public labeling of "I'm a cis-heterosexual male with ace/demi tendencies" every time I open my mouth does get to be a bit much.

At least you can be anything you want to be now. Male, female, something in-between, or none of the above, or any combination thereof. It seems pretty obvious who's orchestrating this chaos.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The camp is 12-18, so teens at the very least. I started seeing RHPS at the age of 16 back in the mid-80s. That was my first exposure to the LGBT community. For me, I at least learned to shrug off advances from a guy during RHPS. I've seen men threaten to kill a gay man who hit on them. Which is the proper response?

I'm looking at this simply as a part of the theatrical arts. Drag can cover a whole range of things from Boy George, "The Birdcage" to "Some Like it Hot".

220px-Some_Like_It_Hot_%281959_poster%29.png

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Does that mean outsiders objecting to the types of summer camps that parents send their kids to is getting in the way of the exclusive rights of parents?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Insinuation and presuppositions aren't arguments, they're logical fallacies. Do you have anything substantive here or just more speculative nonsense that's reflecting your insecurities with change and using children as a pawn to insist things don't need to stop being how they are now?

You act like this is being forced when that's the opposite: advertisement is not propaganda by necessity, and certainly not when drag is mistakenly conflated with being trans and/or gay, suggesting a massive ignorance in society's perspective that needs correction

Of course it's not being forced. It's being groomed.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The camp is 12-18, so teens at the very least. I started seeing RHPS at the age of 16 back in the mid-80s. That was my first exposure to the LGBT community. For me, I at least learned to shrug off advances from a guy during RHPS. I've seen men threaten to kill a gay man who hit on them. Which is the proper response?

I'm looking at this simply as a part of the theatrical arts. Drag can cover a whole range of things from Boy George, "The Birdcage" to "Some Like it Hot".

220px-Some_Like_It_Hot_%281959_poster%29.png

Gay used to just mean happy. These days drag means drag queen. Like I said, if you put "drag" into Google you get contemporary drag queens, not Tom Hanks, Jack Lemon and Milton Berle from 40-60 years ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Gay used to just mean happy. These days drag pretty much means drag queen. Like I said, if you put "drag" into Google you get contemporary drag queens, not Tom Hanks, Jack Lemon and Milton Berle from 40-60 years ago.

As for "grooming", I'd be more worried about the Boy Scouts, and I'm speaking as an Eagle Scout and involved with Scouting for over 30 years.

Have you ever been involved with the performing arts especially theater? My experience is that if you are not interested, someone who is homosexual is respectful of that. Of course your mileage will vary. Working in a hospital on the other hand, most of my female nurses have been harassed at one point or another in their careers by male patients, guests or co-workers.

• Informative
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

ottawak

Aug 1, 2021
North Carolina
✟16,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
You really think that was the point? Let's.just have fun? Because of everything else that is going on today, it's very suspicious that this was just a costume party.
That's because you have this lurid notion that homosexuality can be recruited.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
seems we have gone from "we just want to be accepted"(that is fair) to "we want to be equal"(that is fair) to "we want special rights"(not fair) to "we want special rights so we can convert everyone to be just like us"(not fair) AND "we want to start with your children."

I guess your issue is with the parents who are forcing/paying for their children to go to this camp to be indoctrinated?

Upvote 0