scientists trap antimatter

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's done. The scientific discovery needed to change our energy needs has been made.

How will this stuff be used?
My opinion is......
When the mortal wound is struck by the Hand of ALmighty God, the a/c will use this stuff to restore the globe, and create the technological eden mimicking the millenial Kingdom.

Guess we'll just wait and see. And of course pray.:prayer:

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Uh....you do realise that not only is the antimatter production rate in accelerators very low but it also is hugely wasteful seeing as we're essentially manufacturing it from scratch?

It's not going to change our energy needs as we'd use up all our existing energy sources in an attempt to convert to it, and end up with less usable fuel than when we started.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uh....you do realise that not only is the antimatter production rate in accelerators very low but it also is hugely wasteful seeing as we're essentially manufacturing it from scratch?

It's not going to change our energy needs as we'd use up all our existing energy sources in an attempt to convert to it, and end up with less usable fuel than when we started.

Considering investors said the EXACT same thing when the oil rush first started, I don't think it much matters.

The technology will move along at warp speed soon, as they have proved it possible.

satan might also say this is the key to interdimensional travel, and it may very well be for all we know.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Considering investors said the EXACT same thing when the oil rush first started, I don't think it much matters.

Uh, no, it does matter, because oil doesn't require manufacturing from scratch, only refining what already exists, so that example doesn't compare. That was the beauty of oil, it was energy-dense and pre-existent in large quantities. You can't manufacture a paradigm shift in energy consumption if it involves manufacturing your fuel, as there will be an inherent inefficiency in conversion from one fuel to another. The fact that you have to actually manufacture your fuel using energy obtained from the sources you claim we'll be moving off of onto antimatter means that if we changed over we'd be worse off than before, not better.

If we were not manufacturing antimatter but merely harvesting it (which is possible if you can get to it in space) then your analogy would hold, but the handful of antiatoms we've made in accelerators do not compare to the shift to oil.

The technology will move along at warp speed soon, as they have proved it possible.

Given that it can only be generated in a handful of machines on the planet, at great financial and energy cost, and that this has only been capable at a snail's pace compared to other energy shifts, saying it'll go at "warp speed soon" is naively optimistic.

satan might also say this is the key to interdimensional travel, and it may very well be for all we know.

Increasing the energy content of your fuel does not mean you can travel "interdimensionally" (whatever that is). It just means you can travel faster. You could possibly get to relativistic velocity, but that'd be about the weirdest thing that would happen.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uh, no, it does matter, because oil doesn't require manufacturing from scratch, only refining what already exists, so that example doesn't compare. That was the beauty of oil, it was energy-dense and pre-existent in large quantities. You can't manufacture a paradigm shift in energy consumption if it involves manufacturing your fuel, as there will be an inherent inefficiency in conversion from one fuel to another. The fact that you have to actually manufacture your fuel using energy obtained from the sources you claim we'll be moving off of onto antimatter means that if we changed over we'd be worse off than before, not better.

If we were not manufacturing antimatter but merely harvesting it (which is possible if you can get to it in space) then your analogy would hold, but the handful of antiatoms we've made in accelerators do not compare to the shift to oil.

Given that it can only be generated in a handful of machines on the planet, at great financial and energy cost, and that this has only been capable at a snail's pace compared to other energy shifts, saying it'll go at "warp speed soon" is naively optimistic.

Increasing the energy content of your fuel does not mean you can travel "interdimensionally" (whatever that is). It just means you can travel faster. You could possibly get to relativistic velocity, but that'd be about the weirdest thing that would happen.

OK brother. When oil first became an energy source, it was tapped using ENERGY. Human energy. Physical energy. And a lot of it. Moreso than it was first worth. Much more than it was worth.

Today that oil is tapped using machines controlled by cpus, controlled by people.
Tomorrow that same oil will be gone, and the anitmatter, will come from nothing more than water.

This is the tool satan has been waiting for. A free mason told me this is one of the secrets of satan. Rarely have I found his information even remotely untrue. For a surety, the free masons are trying to keep this technology under wraps in the eyes of the public, but will soon use this as way to control the earth as they intend.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
OK brother. When oil first became an energy source, it was tapped using ENERGY. Human energy. Physical energy. And a lot of it. Moreso than it was first worth. Much more than it was worth.

Not at all. The net energy gain from initial oil strikes was very high, simply because what was being tapped was mostly near the surface and didn't require much of an energy investment to release (I'm talking energy cost here mainly, not financial cost, although that can be a factor). This is simply incomparable to the antimatter production of today, where you have to invest a huge amount of the grid's energy and what results isn't capable of powering anything on a practical scale.

And this is before you factor in the massive costs that will be needed to confine and control the stuff - seeing as it's difficult to handle even when electrically charged, and near impossible to confine easily when neutral. The fact that it's incredibly reactive with matter (which is generally what we tend to make things out of) means it'll be a massive safety hazard.

If one could make a reasonbly efficient matter-antimatter conversion process, efficient means of optimising matter-antimatter reaction, and a way of safely storing and transporting it, then it would begin to be feasible. But those are massive, massive obstacles that need to be overcome, so it's not exactly around the corner.

Today that oil is tapped using machines controlled by cpus, controlled by people.
Tomorrow that same oil will be gone, and the anitmatter, will come from nothing more than water.

Uh...no. Water is matter. Flipping matter into antimatter is a long way off - assuming it can even be done. Unless you're referring to antimatter forming in energetic collisions between the constituent components of water.

This is the tool satan has been waiting for. A free mason told me this is one of the secrets of satan.

Try listening to a physicist instead.

Rarely have I found his information even remotely untrue. For a surety, the free masons are trying to keep this technology under wraps in the eyes of the public, but will soon use this as way to control the earth as they intend.

Ok, and I'll leave you to your make-believe. I draw the line at discussing the science, not fantasy.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Science is one of the greatest of heresies, and while I sit here, comfortable and healthy, by way of scientific advances, I know leaving these will be the hardest to do if I fail to recognise them as the heresy they are.

antimatter, no matter how useful or not, is a heresy itself, since knowing of it without it's being revealed by The ALmighty God is heresy.

i am against heresies.
And i am against those who would entice us to believe that wisdom and light, that comes from lucifer, are the keys to paradise, and global re-creation.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Science is one of the greatest of heresies, and while I sit here, comfortable and healthy, by way of scientific advances, I know leaving these will be the hardest to do if I fail to recognise them as the heresy they are.

Avoiding over-reliance on technology, or at least not knowing how to cope without it, is admirable - doesn't mean they're bad.

antimatter, no matter how useful or not, is a heresy itself, since knowing of it without it's being revealed by The ALmighty God is heresy.

Well, given that the universe reveals it on quite a regular basis from the elements carbon-11, potassium-40, nitrogen-13, oxygen-15, fluorine-18 and iodine-121 (they emit it naturally), I would say God has been revealing it for quite some time.

i am against heresies.

I am against seeing heresies in every corner.

And i am against those who would entice us to believe that wisdom and light, that comes from lucifer, are the keys to paradise, and global re-creation.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You have only claimed it comes from Lucifer, not shown this to be so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Avoiding over-reliance on technology, or at least not knowing how to cope without it, is admirable - doesn't mean they're bad.

Well, given that the universe reveals it on quite a regular basis from the elements carbon-11, potassium-40, nitrogen-13, oxygen-15, fluorine-18 and iodine-121 (they emit it naturally), I would say God has been revealing it for quite some time.

I am against seeing heresies in every corner.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves. You have only claimed it comes from Lucifer, not shown this to be so.
It is lucifer who brings this wisdom hidden in the works of God ALmighty. It is lucifer who claims we can be gods ourselves by harnessing and using the forces of nature. It is he who is promoting this technological eden, where heresies surround us.

lucifer/satan is already judged. Shall we pretend to pardon him, we fall into his snare. Science is heresy. Period.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It is lucifer who brings this wisdom hidden in the works of God ALmighty. It is lucifer who claims we can be gods ourselves by harnessing and using the forces of nature. It is he who is promoting this technological eden, where heresies surround us.

lucifer/satan is already judged. Shall we pretend to pardon him, we fall into his snare. Science is heresy. Period.

Nope, not period.

More assertions, no proof.

Pointing this out is not "pretending to pardon Lucifer", nor is the announcement of discovering antimatter.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is really cool.

Correct me if I am wrong, but up to this point, wasn't anti-matter only theoretical?

Scientists indeed theorized it's being. But in 1992, there was NO more doubt as to their theory being realized.

From knowing of it's existence, to creating and trapping it in less than 20 years is extraordinary.

According to some scientists, it took roughly 100000 years for man to discover fire, and then to capture it. The same is said about water storage. Consider the leap forward in the case of antimatter.

And like brother Cabal said, the stuff is most dangerous. Not like a little torch being kept afire. This stuff could literally blow all of this creation into a black hole in seconds. And NOONE knows, except the ALmighty, what is inside of that darkness. I could propose that lucifer knows this will be his eternal place of torment.

WE WILL SEE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
This stuff could literally blow all of this creation into a black hole in seconds. And NOONE knows, except the ALmighty, what is inside of that darkness. I could propose that lucifer knows this will be his eternal place of torment.

WE WILL SEE.

According to Wiki, 1 Kg of anti-matter combined with 1 Kg of matter would produce the energy equivalent of a 43 megaton atomic weapon. Hardly black hole material.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
According to Wiki, 1 Kg of anti-matter combined with 1 Kg of matter would produce the energy equivalent of a 43 megaton atomic weapon. Hardly black hole material.

No, but still pretty lethal.

Leaving aside practical considerations like adequate delivery etc, the lethality in matter-antimatter reaction is that it's 100% mass to energy conversion. Nuclear weaponry is dangerous, but a ridiculously inefficient mass-energy converter by comparison.

That said, the amount made in an accelerator per year is still lightyears away from Little-Boy-level power, and prohibitively expensive for all practical purposes.

Upvote 0

godjob674

Nov 25, 2010
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How can science be a heresy? It is through science that we deepen our understanding of the natural world as is.

The technology and heightened understanding of the natural workings of the universe has, in the main, benefitted human kind.

We are in the 21st century now and our scientific understanding will continue to grow, as will our technological capabilities.

Upvote 0
Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
✟12,610.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How can science be a heresy? It is through science that we deepen our understanding of the natural world as is.

The technology and heightened understanding of the natural workings of the universe has, in the main, benefitted human kind.

We are in the 21st century now and our scientific understanding will continue to grow, as will our technological capabilities.

Anything that makes man aspire to more than the dirt from which he is formed is heresy.

Upvote 0