Science Says NO to Evolution Theory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenBrace

May 23, 2015
✟15,325.00
Faith
Pantheist
Tell me, if it is a universal principle that order always tends to disorder, how does that single fertilised cell, over the course of the next 9 months or so, become a very 'ordered' human being!?

Exactly. The whole "everything tends toward disorder" thing is not a very good argument against evolution. It fails to recognize very basic observations of how reality works. That's not at all what the second law of thermodynamics means.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The refrigerator has to be my favorite. According to creationist thermodynamics, they shouldn't work.
Of course if the Second Law of Thermodynamics worked the way that many creationists believe it does life itself would be impossible.

For the creationists out there you will see that the claim that is that in an isolated system the entropy of the system always will increase. And we all agree with that. An isolated system is one in which neither energy nor matter can enter or leave.

The second type of system is a closed system. In a closed system matter cannot leave or enter but energy can enter or leave. The Earth is in effect a "closed system". Very little matter enters or leaves it, but there is this big hot yellow thing in the sky that pumps energy in and when we are faced away from it energy flows out. The simplified use of the SLoT by the OP does not apply to the Earth.

The third type of system is an open one where both energy and matter enter and leave. Think of an internal combustion engine. The SLoT applies here too, but again, not in the manner that the OP was speaking of.

Upvote 0

ArtB

Oct 19, 2013
New City, Rockland NY
✟7,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A combination of quote mining, with the added ingredient of a complete misreading of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics.

Tell me, if it is a universal principle that order always tends to disorder, how does that single fertilised cell, over the course of the next 9 months or so, become a very 'ordered' human being!?

Not just humans, but all species, All the differing species becomes very ordered and faithfully produced according to their DNA.

In my 5 years of college 'CUNY'. I had earned 161 credits which qualified me to chose any one of four subjects as my degree: 'Physics, Electrical Engineering, Math, and History,'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArtB

Oct 19, 2013
New City, Rockland NY
✟7,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I knew I read this before somewhere.....

http://pigeonchess.com/2008/05/25/a-horse-is-a-horse-unless-of-course…/

and

http://pigeonchess.com/2010/01/24/epic-horse-exhaust/

Those links are a reply to your above post. It even quotes, word for word, parts of that post.

Yet, you made this post today, while the rebuttal articles linked to here are from 2008 and 2010

Here's a quote from that article:
"On the site is a page titled “Horse Evolution – Fact or Manure?” written by creationist Arthur Biele, who, judging by a Google search on his name, has been pestering people with nonsense in various internet discussion forums for years"

This might sound like an ad hominion, but it isn't.
What it is, is a prime example of how creationists continue to repeat the same old arguments (word for word, copy pasted) - eventhough those arguments have been refuted years ago.

Upvote 0

ArtB

Oct 19, 2013
New City, Rockland NY
✟7,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You excuse yourself by saying "This might sound like an ad hominion, but it isn't."

I disagree, your words you chose, ARE - An Ad Hominem sophistical adverse argument toward me., 'to the man'. No doubt about it.

As for the same facts that I set to him in 2008, are valid, why should I change it, in 2015. If I quoted Shakespeare's play Hamlet's "To be or not to be ..." I would quote the same words that Shakespeare's wrote, they are what they are.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not just humans, but all species, All the differing species becomes very ordered and faithfully produced according to their DNA.

In my 5 years of college 'CUNY'. I had earned 161 credits which qualified me to chose any one of four subjects as my degree: 'Physics, Electrical Engineering, Math, and History,'

What degree did you choose, and when did you graduate? Just mildly curious. How many (if any) evolutionary biology classes did you take?

And why are your quotes so archaic? I mean, in post #3 you literally do not have a single quote that was written during my lifetime, and some predate the existence of my parents.

Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist

Your reply makes no sense to me. How do you explain the role of the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics in the process of embryological development? Giving me a synopsis of your educational experience doesn't get the job done, I fear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

How does someone that supposedly could have graduated with a physics degree make such a poor argument using the Second Law of Thermodynamics? Your quotes specifically stated "In an isolated system ....." If you knew enough physics to get a degree in the subject you would surely have known that the Earth is a closed system and not an isolated one, energy from the Sun is constantly entering and leaving the Earth, and your SLoT arguments were refuted by simply pointing out that the Earth is not isolated in a thermodynamics sense.

By the way, according to your use of that argument life itself is impossible since life is a local reduction of the level of entropy, whether it evolves or not. What you do not seem to realize that when the total entropy of the Sun, Earth system is taken into account the amount of entropy is increasing. Even on the Earth high energy, low entropy sunlight is converted into other forms of energy and always at a "cost". Some of it this lower entropy energy is always reradiated as higher entropy heat. There is no magical loss of entropy, it all follows the laws of physics.

I have seen creationists claim authority that they did not have. It seems that this would apply to you too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In a closed system matter cannot leave or enter but energy can enter or leave. The Earth is in effect a "closed system". Very little matter enters or leaves it,
Sounds like a contradiction to me.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What you have done is encroached upon is copyright infringement.
ah, okay, i see.
for those that want the lowdown on the current sad state of the affairs of the modern synthesis then google the phrase "the origin at 150" from NCBI.
you must pay for the article, but it's a real eye opener.

edit:
if you have the funds then try to get your hands on the following issue of science too:
Science, vol. 210 no. 4472

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ah, okay, i see.
for those that want the lowdown on the current sad state of the affairs of the modern synthesis then google the phrase "the origin at 150" from NCBI.
Why should I pay for an article that tells us we're in a sad state, when I have a Memo from God that tells me that for free?

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
. . . when I have a Memo from God that tells me that for free?
i have some real difficulties getting my hands around a godlike figure.
OTOH, when i start looking at things like DNA, its coding and transcription scheme, i can't help but think there is some kind of intelligence at work here.
this leaves me with only one alternative, which i have always believed.
life is eternal, it has always existed, which further implies that there is an intelligence far beyond that of mere humans.
even given the final functioning product, science is unable to come up with a plausible scenario for how it could have happened naturally.
the RNA world that seems so plausible, isn't.
all attempts at this theory has resulted in failure.

i honestly believe that this sort of thing will be found not only about abiogenesis, but evolution too.
science is already getting away from a single starting point as far as the origin of life goes.
there has to be a reason for this.

punctuated equilibrium is another theory that has been incorporated into evolution.
this theory certainly wasn't accepted because science anticipated more fossils to be found.
granted, HGT can explain this, but it also says HGT has major effects on ALL of the record.
as of this date, no one has provided any evidence why or how HGT would affect some organisms and not others.

hopefully current research in molecular biology, genomics, and evo devo, will provide more answers than questions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
ah, okay, i see.

It's doing just fine. Even Koonin agrees that we just need to make some modifications.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You excuse yourself by saying "This might sound like an ad hominion, but it isn't."

I disagree, your words you chose, ARE - An Ad Hominem sophistical adverse argument toward me., 'to the man'. No doubt about it.

As for the same facts that I set to him in 2008, are valid, why should I change it, in 2015. If I quoted Shakespeare's play Hamlet's "To be or not to be ..." I would quote the same words that Shakespeare's wrote, they are what they are.

The point was that your "arguments" have long been addressed and refuted.
Now, you are just a guy repeating PRATTs.

It's an ad hominim. It's not even an argument.

It's just...pointing out that your arguments have already been addressed and refuted.
I was merely surprised that you are still repeating these same things in almost the exact same wording.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

Every human is born with 30-50 mutations.

"Here we present, to our knowledge, the first direct comparative analysis of male and female germline mutation rates from the complete genome sequences of two parent-offspring trios. Through extensive validation, we identified 49 and 35 germline de novo mutations (DNMs) in two trio offspring, as well as 1,586 non-germline DNMs arising either somatically or in the cell lines from which the DNA was derived."
http://www.nature.com/ng/journal/v43/n7/full/ng.862.html

So much for faithfully produced.

Also, where did Chihuahuas come from? They came from wolves, did they not? So much for wolves faithfully producing wolves.

Then you should know that putting energy into a system allows for entropy to decrease.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
ah, okay, i see.

edit:
if you have the funds then try to get your hands on the following issue of science too:
Science, vol. 210 no. 4472

What you quoted me saying ("What you have done is encroached upon is copyright infringement." has no relationship to what you just stated. Even though I have free access to all issues of the journal Science, I have no interest on that topic. I'm a physical science guy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.