Science and Religion must act together!... not destroy one another!

Valen

Jul 6, 2003
✟285.00
the Devil maybe? sounds delusional and illogical for scientists. It really hurts my mind why support for abortion when if the parents don't want babies, why not create an institution for widows, grandparents, babies, and children were they can throw all the responsibilities away...sponsored through generosity! This institution could be a potential workforce for jobs or or spreading God's words or helping others or etc.... in a human way... simply ridiculous for scientists. I guess i am only one left that is pro-God. God reveals himself to me telling destructions! I don't find it ridiculous simply acceptable because all things that happen to me and my feelings are reality! I cannot imagine others don't find other routes for success it's really freaky... i call it stupidity.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
If that is your point of view - why do you try to "destroy" science?

Science is - that has been said here over and over again - agnostic. It does not deal with God. It does not question God, and it does not try to answer God.

What you do - and what these chivalirous knights and paladins did - is to say "I am right, and this is without question, because I have God on my side."

This may be your conviction - but what will you do against people of a different faith with the same conviction? Start the crusades again?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
worship4ever said:
Freodin, you par-take in "naturalism." A belief that sadly rejects intelligent design in all science. When you do that but you come up with alot of "i dont know" to questions.

Yep, I am not one of those who claim to know everything.

Those are the times when I regret being an Atheist. I really would love to claim to know that "my feelings and all the things than happen to me are reality" - and this proves that Odin rules over the gods and the world - and don´t you dare to claim otherwise, stupid unbeliever!

Hence my reference to the crusades: what would you do, if you came up to someone who claimed "knowledge" the same as you do, but a different one?

As a loving Christian, you might simply turn away - but then: why are you here, if you cannot show your "knowledge" to be true?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Valen said:
Let me tell you a story...
Now I am here. I will try to answer your questions which is good for God.
...I did not choose to do this...
If man knows about the secret of life, I will aid the Cherubim. That is all you can know...

What are you talking about?

Are you unable to respond to simple questions?

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
worship4ever said:
Freodin, you par-take in "naturalism." A belief that sadly rejects intelligent design in all science. When you do that but you come up with alot of "i dont know" to questions.

What is you alternative for scientific study of nature? Should we simply assign everything we do not currently know as being designed as is or caused by God and then simply work through each of these things and over time falsify more and more of God's design? This is not a valid scientific working model for research. Naturalism is a necessity in science because we can only study what we can see and what we can find causes and evidence for. We cannot assign everything that we cannot identify a natural mechanism for as being designed by God because there is no way we have explored all of the possible naturalistic solution yet. This is good science. Science says "we don't know" instead of "God Did It" by necessity, not because of some oversite or rejection of God.

In the past, many things were attributed to God's direct intervention in nature and with humans (weather, sickness, crop success, still born birth, sudden death, movement of planets and the sun, etc). Science has shown natural causes for these events. Does this falsify God? Of course not, but it does show that things that were assumed to be caused or directly created by God in the past have a natural explaination. Based on this, scientists learned that assigning God of the Gaps in science is not a good methodology and adapted their methodology to one of "naturalism".

You cannot put God in a test tube or keep God out of one but for the purpose of study, we must assume that God is not in the test tube.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Valen said:
it really blows my mind how chivalry and religion coexists! How knights and Christ are one. How kings, knights, paladins asks blessings of the church. Simply troubling for scientists!

Paladins and nights are things of the past, they can't, on account of being non-existent, ask the church for blessing. The scientist thinks, the knight, paladin and king, subsitute relgious doctrin for thought.

Upvote 0
Valen said:
maybe scientists wanted to be loner...

gramaticly flawwed to the point I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if objective thought makes them a loner, so be it

or wanted to be evil...

so completly baseless

or wanted to be always right...

or just not pertend to be right when they don't know other wise
I don't know.

I know you don't, but why do you make accusations to prove this?

Upvote 0
Valen said:
the Devil maybe? sounds delusional and illogical for scientists. It really hurts my mind why support for abortion when if the parents don't want babies, why not create an institution for widows, grandparents, babies, and children were they can throw all the responsibilities away...sponsored through generosity! This institution could be a potential workforce for jobs or or spreading God's words or helping others or etc.... in a human way... simply ridiculous for scientists. I guess i am only one left that is pro-God. God reveals himself to me telling destructions! I don't find it ridiculous simply acceptable because all things that happen to me and my feelings are reality! I cannot imagine others don't find other routes for success it's really freaky... i call it stupidity.
if people don't agree with your baseless accusations, there stupid?... sorry, but that sounds like something a stupid person would say...

Upvote 0
Valen said:
Let me tell you a story...
Now I am here. I will try to answer your questions which is good for God.
...I did not choose to do this...
If man knows about the secret of life, I will aid the Cherubim. That is all you can know...

plerase tell me your were stoned wene you wrote this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Evo

Jul 1, 2003
Bible Belt
✟891.00
Valen said:
the subject speaks for itself... Some scientist find it hard that religion embrances everything. Instead they are taking a mock battle. I am after unity here!

Christians started it. Attacking the sceintific community with Inquisitions, Trying to destroy the credibility of Copernicus (a PREIST!!), Galelo (another PRIEST!!!) and Darwin (UM NOT A PRIEST !!).

Upvote 0

Cantuar

Forever England
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
✟8,889.00
Faith
Agnostic
the subject speaks for itself... Some scientist find it hard that religion embrances everything. Instead they are taking a mock battle. I am after unity here!

Well, if the unity you had in mind is for scientists to say they're wrong every time a scientific investigation comes up with a result not endorsed by biblical literalism, you're going to be out of luck.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Valen said:
This institution could be a potential workforce for jobs or or spreading God's words or helping others or etc.... in a human way... simply ridiculous for scientists. I guess i am only one left that is pro-God. God reveals himself to me telling destructions!

Why would scientists object to an institution for helping people? You do realize that biomedical scientists are the most numerous and that the motivation is to find ways to help people?

Please don't be so dramatic. You are not the only one pro-God. Weblastyn, notto, and many other evolutionists here are pro-God.

God reveals himself to you "telling destructions"? How come others to whom God also reveals Himself don't report the same thing? Is it possible you are mistaken and that you aren't really seeing God?

Upvote 0