raven1

Jun 6, 2011
Richmond, Va.
✟2,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I want to believe in God so bad so I don't go to hell if it's there but I doubt he is there. I feel l have a split personality. One side that says keep your doubt, it is more realistic he isn't there and one that says Omgosh I am hellbound!!!
Are any of you doubters afraid of hell or feel not chosen.

Kyleiferous

Jun 11, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
I think what you're feeling is common for new christians, maybe try praying, even if half of you says there's nothing there it may help just to speak to God. Also, God knows what you're feeling and I don't think he think's "right, she's doubting, I'll put her down for hell"
No, I think as he is all knowing he knows how your feeling and wants you to speak to him about it. Even is you don't here anything in return he still hears you.
Maybe try reading the bible and the life of Jesus to help you get closer.

Upvote 0

Kyleiferous

Jun 11, 2012
✟7,703.00
Faith
Christian
I think he knows doubts are normal, we are humans and are not perfect, we only believe what we see and he knows that.

Pray to him and ask for help through the doubt, I'm no reverend but I feel that God wants to help us, maybe things like these are a test of faith? I dunno, but I know I regularly have doubts and I just pray through them, read abit of the Bible, and mostly do your best to trust him that he will help you through it. I know that is easier said than done and I am not way the best at doing that myself, but when I have been able to manage it in the past it makes it easier.

What exactly are you having doubts about?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,908.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not aware of any sign that Jesus rejected people who doubt. He accepted Thomas. God vindicated Job. In the Thomas episode Jesus praised those who didn't doubt. At times he told disciples that they couldn't do things because of a lack of faith, but there's a difference between that and threatening them with hell.

I think it's going to be hard to learn to trust God if you're afraid he's going to throw you into hell.

Upvote 0

PashNut4Jesus

Jun 21, 2012
Tennessee
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not a new Christian I just started my doubt he exists two years ago. Why can't he just let us go to heaven if we doubt.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.

What began the struggle for you Raven? Not an easy 2 years for you, huh?

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

God is love. Doubt comes from the devil trying to confuse you. God does not despise your doubts, but rather wants you to over come them so you can be saved. He will help you over come doubt just ask him. Don't fear God can't save you, anyone breathing can be saved, the cross of Christ, his sacrifice covers all sin. Jesus said he forgives a sinner 70x7 meaning always.

I have a website where I have recorded times God has done real things for me. Things that prove God. I hope it helps you over come some of your doubts. Go to Know God Personally

I have also included one story off the site for you to read here, it is one of my favorites.

One morning I got up and walked into the hall and I heard a voice that I believed was God say "How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley". The Valley was known as the rough end of town, and the voice scared me a little, I wondered if I had done something to offend God. I had planned to go down to the Valley to ask people out to church as was my habit at the time. In the end I went anyway regardless of the fear. I walked up to the first person I met and asked him if he would like to go out to church. He said to me "I am an atheist, I don't believe in God". I just said "fine", but hoped to change his mind. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt and showed me scar marks up and down his chest and stomach. He said to me, "I was attacked by a knife wielding man in the Valley some time ago and spent months recovering in hospital, How could God allow that to happen to me". Then I knew why God had said in the morning "How would I like to be stabbed?". God understood this man, but had a good plan for him. Some weeks latter this man came out to church and became a Christian.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I want to believe in God so bad so I don't go to hell if it's there but I doubt he is there. I feel l have a split personality. One side that says keep your doubt, it is more realistic he isn't there and one that says Omgosh I am hellbound!!!

If one were to ask you if you were to die today, how do you know you would go to heaven, and your response started with anything like 'I did good things', or 'I have done my best', or 'I've been baptized or confirmed or whatever', then there is very good reason to fear.

If you can't honestly say that you've been saved by what Jesus did for you alone, and it is for that reason alone you trust in Him and know you are saved, then you're trying to add something to the pure message of God and you are not saved.

Scripture states concerning Jesus, "And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12), that would include any works you did in your own name, by your own will and power. They are useless and will not save you.

Upvote 0

PashNut4Jesus

Jun 21, 2012
Tennessee
✟15,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,

One morning I got up and walked into the hall and I heard a voice that I believed was God say "How would you like to be stabbed in the Valley". The Valley was known as the rough end of town, and the voice scared me a little, I wondered if I had done something to offend God. I had planned to go down to the Valley to ask people out to church as was my habit at the time. In the end I went anyway regardless of the fear. I walked up to the first person I met and asked him if he would like to go out to church. He said to me "I am an atheist, I don't believe in God". I just said "fine", but hoped to change his mind. He then proceeded to unbutton his shirt and showed me scar marks up and down his chest and stomach. He said to me, "I was attacked by a knife wielding man in the Valley some time ago and spent months recovering in hospital, How could God allow that to happen to me". Then I knew why God had said in the morning "How would I like to be stabbed?". God understood this man, but had a good plan for him. Some weeks latter this man came out to church and became a Christian.

What an awesome story!

Upvote 0

My01Lightning

Jun 26, 2012
United States of America
✟15,112.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think all Christians experience periods of time in a spiritual desert of doubt. I suggest you read Mark 9:14-29, the story of the boy possessed of an evil spirit. His father experienced both belief and unbelief.

Romans 10:17 tells us that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word. You can strengthen your faith through disciplined prayer and by reading and studying the Bible. Are you faithfully attending a worship service with fellow believers. That is essential to spiritual growth.

Finally (sorry if I'm not supposed to do this), I recommend reading the short booklet Why Christians Doubt http://web001.rbc.org/pdf/discovery-series/why-christians-doubt.pdf.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Others have suggested studying scripture, praying, asking God and meditating. All these things, you have probably have done. As a Christian you might think about taking another route.

You are not an atheist so let’s take the faith we do have, with the little Love we do have and go and try to help others. Getting involved with needy others will help put your problems in perspective. They can help you more than you can help them (that is what I have found).

Seeing the results of your prays for others will go a long way toward strengthening your faith. If you are like other Christians you are surrounded with God provided opportunities, cease some of those opportunities and see what happens.

Upvote 0