• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scar Treatment

NoddaProbBob

And step by step, You'll lead me...
Feb 20, 2006
Northern Illinois
✟15,769.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello everyone.
I was wondering if anyone had used any sort of silicone scar sheet treatment for their scars. Last year I was in a very desperate place and began to burn myself with matches. I have since stopped that behavior but am now left with several ugly scars. They are much more noticeable than the thin, neat lines from cutting as these are circular and also in neat rows. They are on the inside of my wrist so they are very very noticeable. I don't want to put the time and money into laser treatments especially because the outcomes are not always the best. Based on my research, laser treatments seem to not work well on burn scars, keloids, and hypertrophic scars as the tissue is much more fibrous and dense. So my next idea was to invest in the Scar away brand of silicone scar sheets.
Has anyone used them? Had any success? I am open to suggestions as well.
Most of the scars are hypertrophic, but I'm hoping that each one is small enough to respond to a treatment of some kind.
Thank you!

steflou64

Sep 21, 2014
✟15,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I have never cut myself but have deep empathy for those who do. If you look at Sid Roth's website information on programs he has done where his guests have an annointing to help people lose weight, people with scars from cutting have had them supernaturally disappear! You might call some of his staff and ask which guests he had who talked about this. I myself have had a miraculous healing on my face from where I had a boxed pizza thrown at me suddenly. Never give up faith for healing. I look at Mel Bond's website and Full Gospel Word and Worship Center in South Carolina with pastor Dana Holmes. They both have very good webisodes on healing. I flew to Wentzville, Missouri (live in Georgia) to see Mel Bond last year. His church is very annointed-Christ appeared to him and told him how to get instant miracles. Best of luck to you!:wave:

Upvote 0