Apr 30, 2013
✟8,576.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll spare all the details as to how I got in to the rut I was in. My situation was that I was greatly desiring a relationship with God, but kept pushing him away. I was caught up in some pretty vile things. For 10 years I had been a inappropriate content addict. It got to where I started actively seeking out willing females online. Sometimes I could get them to talk sexually with me and send me nude photos of themselves. If I had trouble finding a girl who was willing to do all that, I would seek out other men. I would lose hours of sleep every night talking to these people. I knew it was wrong. I knew for a fact that this isn't where God wanted me. Thing is, I was afraid of upsetting God (ironic, eh?). I didn't want to make a promise I couldn't keep. A few weeks ago I had just got done watching inappropriate content. I lied there thinking about God. I didn't break down in emotion or anything like that. But I went to pray to God and basically said "God, I have absolutely no right to talk to you after all these promises I've broken. Were I in your position, I would have given up on me from the start. You have promised that you are infinitely loving and forgiving. I'm going to finally take that to heart. I'm done, God. I won't do those things any longer." And that was that. The temptation to go back has been intense. But when I feel pressured, I run to God for refuge. I'm getting closer and closer to him every day, and it has brought me joy beyond comprehension. Is God not amazing? :)

homeschool1

May 21, 2013
✟15,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Praise the Lord for your breakthough!This is no small thing! Running to the foot of the cross, like you are doing, is exactly what you should do. It is there we are safe. Like under being under a God umbrella. If we walk out from underneath it, we get wet. When we draw near to Him, we are protected.
I will be praying for you. Secret sin can be a powerful temptation.

Have you heard of XXXchurch? It's a .com

Upvote 0