• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Satan is attacking me.....what do I do?

lilbobby86

Oct 21, 2003
Port St. Lucie, FL
Visit site
✟7,683.00
Faith
Christian
I have been having trouble with a lot of anxiety and depression lately. I keep getting these thoughts of doubt and wondering if I'll ever be in peace with my life. I keep thinking about the news and the world at war and prophecy and things like that. I just want these thoughts and mental pains to go away. What should I do?:help:

Reactions: Sunbeam

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Bro, I think satan is attacking alot of people with this issue recently including myself and a friend of mine......All you can do is just keep praying and reading your bible and no matter what you tell yourself that God is there and that satan is full of lies.....God sometimes allows us to struggle like this so that someday we grow into the man/woman of God that he wants us to be....Stay Close to Jesus.

Upvote 0

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I am going to try a different approach, because I have had a similiar probelm. I found that I have obsessive compulsive disorder, which in an anxiety disorder. It produces thoughts or 'obsessions' in my mind that i can only get relief by performing rituals or compulsions. I have thought the Devil was after my soul for the past 18 years. I had an emotional breakdown... there's a thread in this forum called "Worst Problem Ever" if you wanted to read more about that issue.

I am not saying you have the same thing as me, but my issue was caused by a chemical imbalance that can be corrected. So, if you do have those thoughts, I would recommend seeing a doctor. If it is an anxiety disorder, they can put you on Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors and the thoughts will virtually go away.

On top of that, I agree with everyone here. Jesus is not going to let anyone hurt you. When I had my problems, he showed me over and over again that he was with me. Whenever I was at my worst, he gave me a sign that he was watching over me.

You'll be in my prayers. Please PM me if you need to talk since we seem to be in similiar boats.

Peace and love,
Jacob

Reactions: Dr Majestic
Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
lilbobby86 said:
I have been having trouble with a lot of anxiety and depression lately. I keep getting these thoughts of doubt and wondering if I'll ever be in peace with my life. I keep thinking about the news and the world at war and prophecy and things like that. I just want these thoughts and mental pains to go away. What should I do?:help:

One thing that can really help is to meditate on God's sovereignty. Even when things don't go the way we want, maybe God wants to use it to bring you into closer communion with Him. Maybe you can ask Him to show you what He is accomplishing, or at least know your soul is safe with Him. Ask Him to comfort you. The first chapter of 2 Corinthians is a good read.

:hug:

Upvote 0