Russia Warns Obama: Monsanto Protection Will Lead to World War.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I agree with your assessment. No danger Will Robinson... NO danger.

As long as you are comfortable with the USDA not recognizing the rest of the word banning this toxic manipulation, I guess all is well.

Uh, the rest of the world hasn't banned GM foods, or millions more would be starving. In fact many of them have recently made laws that allow and regulate the growing and importation of GM foods.

The issue here with HR 933 is that it allows foods that have come under review to still be cultivated during the review. This would be like pharmaceuticals being able to manufacture and sell drugs that have come under FDA review (which I'm not actually sure how that goes, if anyone knows).

Upvote 0
O

OathKeeper99

Uh, the rest of the world hasn't banned GM foods, or millions more would be starving. In fact many of them have recently made laws that allow and regulate the growing and importation of GM foods.

The issue here with HR 933 is that it allows foods that have come under review to still be cultivated during the review. This would be like pharmaceuticals being able to manufacture and sell drugs that have come under FDA review (which I'm not actually sure how that goes, if anyone knows).
"Entire countries are banning the stuff... Why do you think that is? You think they are stupid? You think GMO is safe? You might want to start researching. Here is a good start:
What countries have banned GMO crops?
http://www.examiner.com/article/what-countries-have-banned-gmo-crops

Hungary Destorys all Monsanto GMO corn fields! WIN.
http://www.trueactivist.com/hungary-destroys-all-monsanto-gmo-corn-fields/
Rat-Tumor-Monsanto-GMO-Cancer-Study-3-Wide.jpg

"These are images of rats that have been consuming genetically modified corn with trace levels of Monsanto's Roundup chemical fertilizer. Studies have shown that this has caused the rats to develop tumors, extensive organ damage, and premature death."

...first ever study to examine the long-term effects of eating GMOs. Ya I know what your thinking... WHAT? Ya... First Ever. Normally you would expect the food be tested and approved for long-term effects but no.

Many Countries Ban GMOs and/or Require GE Food Labels | Real Natural
Monsanto’s GMO Corn are Banned in Russia
Everything you know is a lie !: GMO banned in 27 countries. Fields of fire
GMO Food - Biggest Lie & Scary - YouTube

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Entire countries are banning the stuff... Why do you think that is? You think they are stupid? You think GMO is safe? You might want to start researching. Here is a good start:

"These are images of rats that have been consuming genetically modified corn with trace levels of Monsanto's Roundup chemical fertilizer. Studies have shown that this has caused the rats to develop tumors, extensive organ damage, and premature death."

...first ever study to examine the long-term effects of eating GMOs. Ya I know what your thinking... WHAT? Ya... First Ever. Normally you would expect the food be tested and approved for long-term effects but no.

I don't see anything posted here that presents that GMO food is harmful to eat. You should probably read what you posted carefully.

The herbicide is the problem. The GMO food was simply modified to be immune to the herbicide.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
GM foods arent a significant threat to humans through consumption. There seems to be a lot scare about this, but nothing to back it up.

The one real threat of these crops, however, is their innate resilience to pests in the wild. While pesticides/herbicides keep our crops healthy in our fields, crops that escape the confines lack that protection. With innate resistances to pests and common weeds, GM crops could spread like wildfire and destroy native species. It could have a serious effect on our ecology.

Enough with actual, logical dangers. You're interrupting the show. ^_^

I hear about Monsanto all the time on C2CAM:
Monsanto-GMO-corn-Dees-illustration.jpg

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, there are very real concerns for GM foods, and even those dangers which have not been present so far need to be watched out for. Allergic reactions are a major one. When you mess with something's genetic structure, you run the risk of finding new and entertaining allergic reactions.

As for the company itself, Monsanto is reckless, fraudulent and dangerous, but not so much in their GMO foods. It is their chemical industries which have been notorious for pollution and public health hazards. It is no wonder their are so many conspiracy theories around them. For every overblown or crackpot theory, there is a real problem with the company threatening the public. And their lawyers are notorious as well. Some of the cases they have managed to win are startling.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh, there are very real concerns for GM foods, and even those dangers which have not been present so far need to be watched out for. Allergic reactions are a major one. When you mess with something's genetic structure, you run the risk of finding new and entertaining allergic reactions.

As for the company itself, Monsanto is reckless, fraudulent and dangerous, but not so much in their GMO foods. It is their chemical industries which have been notorious for pollution and public health hazards. It is no wonder their are so many conspiracy theories around them. For every overblown or crackpot theory, there is a real problem with the company threatening the public. And their lawyers are notorious as well. Some of the cases they have managed to win are startling.

Oh, I know. I've often thought of pointing this out to some conspiracy theorists and suggesting that the GMO complaints are just plants :)P) to take eyes off of their real wrong doings. It'd have to be done Online though, as I wouldn't want to be near them when their brains exploded.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Unlike the AGW scare of a degree in temps, this problem is NOT a hyped up agenda-driven scare tactic like global warming. It is very real though it may look similar.:blush:

The consequences are devastating. :sorry:
The use of GMO goes beyond foods, sadly.

In example, here's a documentary on the ways genetically engineered trees have been doing damage:

This Award winning documentary film explores the growing global threat of genetically engineered trees to our environment and to human health. The film features David Suzuki, who explores the unknown and possibly disastrous consequences of improperly tested GE methods. As if harming the air supply wasn't bad enough (be it with pollen or things like gas/smog), it's sad to see the ways that even the natural things we use for breating have been tampered with and not many seem concerned.

As it said in the video, trees give off oxygen and kill carbon monoxide. They give off nuts, fruit, flowers, etc., that are needed for the animals and people that survive on them...and it's something I'm surprised that not even the people against GMOs have taken time to bring up when it comes to the scope of genetic tampering/danger. I can relate to many of the reasons why others are pushing for transgenic trees with noble reasons (combatting global warming being one of them , more here)--but on the issue, I cannot condone the long-term impact that doing such has...and sadly, seeing how long transgenic trees have been grown, I'm surprised people don't talk more on it even as others continue to campaign on behalf of it.

As said best in Genetically Engineered Trees - Genetic Engineering Main (for brief excerpt):
Genetic engineering of food crops has been a stealth technology, introduced with little public debate and arriving on grocery shelves unlabeled. Now another application of genetically engineered (GE) agriculture is sneaking up on us - the production of transgenic trees by paper and lumber companies. The possibility that the new genes spliced into GE trees will interfere with natural forests isn't a hypothetical risk but a certainty. During our lives, genetic engineering may do as much damage to forests and wildlife habitat as chain saws and sprawl. This is not to say that every application of GE is bad. Sierra Club has taken no positions regarding genetic engineering done in labs or in indoor manufacturing of pharmaceuticals. But common sense should warn us that commercial development of out-of-doors applications in the absence of environmental safeguards is a prescription for disaster. Sierra Club opposes the out-of-doors deployment of genetic technologies because the genes are free - as free as pollen on the wind - to invade nature, and because once this has happened they can't be recalled.
We already have genetically modified trees over on my side of town..

The trees would seem, IMHO, to be a more immediate danger than the the GMO foods---as they are integral to the eco-system itself in an immediate sense. I sure hope this can be stopped. I do think it's important that we don't buy stuff from GMO companies so that maybe with their profits lost, they'll have to quit anyway..unless, of course, it's indeed something that's not about profit at all as much as it's really about planned extinction --- for man is evil and a lot of times it doesn't make sense what he does or doesn't do outside of understanding that some things are simply madness.
Ecclesiastes 9:3
This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead.
Ecclesiastes 9:2-4

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
For every overblown or crackpot theory, there is a real problem with the company threatening the public. And their lawyers are notorious as well. Some of the cases they have managed to win are startling.
A lot of it is really a matter of bullying via agribusiness. Some farmers as well as agriculturalists have also been harmed wrongly as well. Terrance Ingram comes immediately to mind. His years of documented research and expertise regarding eagles and the work of the Eagle Nature Foundation, founded by Ingram, is in great part responsible for the bald eagle being removed from the "Threatened Species List " in the United States. ...and he has been doing research to know how to preserve bees. However, in March 21, 2012, the Prairie Advocate published a news release from Ingram that reported the theft of $5000 of his bees and bee hives on March 14. Ingram said that before they left had left for their granddaughter's wedding in Texas, the hives had been cleaned and made ready for new spring swarms - and Monsanto got into a lot of controversy on the issue.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If interested,

There was an amazing documentary I came across recently that helped to bring a lot of things into focus.

Amazing documentary - and glad I was able to learn of it in regards to the ways that how we treat the workers who make our honey/keep the eco-system going can easily result in dealing with more problems to work with that you'd never have considered.....from food to dealing with the bees we get in place of ones we kill off (Killer Bees) which are far less tolerant/more 'thuggish' and more than ready to strike back at those hitting them

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Stephen Kendall

believer of Jesus Christ
Sep 28, 2008
USA
✟9,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At least we don't have to worry about Global Warming anyore

Isn't Monsanto, 3d printers printing out your next liver or nsa checking out your every move just the tip of the ice berg? They are getting into your head and you will do their dirty work without even knowing about it. You will be programed to worship the Beast, right? The best way to live in this world is to be controlled by it, brain washing is beneath the water! You can't be a terrorist if you loose your ability to think on your own. Where will the Christians move to, if to live in society is to give up your right to believe in Jesus Christ? You will have to promote the Politically Correct things of the New World Order (NWO, sounds better if you say New Order World, NOW!). I will be a criminal if being Christian and preaching and professing Christ is illegal. I hope to see many of us in prison. I really think that we should jump at the opportunity to be persecuted for our faith and not cower, for to be a follower of Jesus is the most upright thing to be and we should honor God by joining him always in obeying Jesus Christ, his son.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Isn't Monsanto, 3d printers printing out your next liver or nsa checking out your every move just the tip of the ice berg? They are getting into your head and you will do their dirty work without even knowing about it. You will be programed to worship the Beast, right? The best way to live in this world is to be controlled by it, brain washing is beneath the water! You can't be a terrorist if you loose your ability to think on your own. Where will the Christians move to, if to live in society is to give up your right to believe in Jesus Christ? You will have to promote the Politically Correct things of the New World Order (NWO, sounds better if you say New Order World, NOW!). I will be a criminal if being Christian and preaching and professing Christ is illegal. I hope to see many of us in prison. I really think that we should jump at the opportunity to be persecuted for our faith and not cower, for to be a follower of Jesus is the most upright thing to be and we should honor God by joining him always in obeying Jesus Christ, his son.

Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. 13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony. 14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. 17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. 18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish. 19 In your patience possess ye your souls.​

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've always wondered what would start WWIII and the end life on Earth. And now, we have it. Not communism. Not radical religion. Not global warming. No, folks the final battle will be fought over bug spray.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Museveni

Homo Sapiens Invictus
Feb 28, 2007
Sweden
✟8,845.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Number of people saved by Norman Borlaug and his GMO discoveries: 1000.000.000 (Nobel Price Citation, 1970's)

Number of people starvning to death each day in the world because morons halfway around the world doesn't under basic biology, chemistry and agricultural pratices for the last 10.000 years: to damn high........

Some people really do need a basic course in source criticism.. "Oh look a company/country thats competing with X says that X's products are dangerous!! must be true......".

As pointed out befor there exists no, lets repeat that N O, objective and unbiased research that shows that GMO has any effects on humans other then a possible overintake of nutrition. Even the problem cited earlier of the plants escaping into the wild isnt really much of risk since the plants tend to be infertile.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone needs to tell that kid that their isn't anything physical thing in existence that doesn't have chemicals in it.
There are some who actually believe the opposite of "organic" is inorganic.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
As pointed out befor there exists no, lets repeat that N O, objective and unbiased research that shows that GMO has any effects on humans other then a possible overintake of nutrition. Even the problem cited earlier of the plants escaping into the wild isnt really much of risk since the plants tend to be infertile.
The problem with Monsanto though is that the company is an overbearing and ruthless bully in the areas they compete in ... independent of the GMO activity.

Upvote 0