Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20050629/40813906.html

Moscow, Beijing to sign declaration on world order

July 2, 2005

14:28

MOSCOW, June 29 (RIA Novosti) - Chinese leader Hu Jintao will arrive here Thursday to sign a joint declaration on world order in the 21st Century, a spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry wrote in an article published in the government daily Rossiiskaya Gazeta Wednesday.

"This is a crucial document that reflects the convergence of Russia and China's fundamental positions on key issues in modern world order - our common view for the outlook of the development of humankind," Alexander Yakovenko wrote.

According to Yakovenko, the declaration will affirm the parties' commitment to forming a new fair and rational world order and to increasing the role of the UN in international politics.

Russia and China will announce the unacceptability of monopolizing global affairs, dividing states into those who lead and those who are led, imposing models for social development from the outside and applying double standards, he wrote.

Yakovenko wrote the sides will urge the international community to combine efforts in order to create a new architecture of security by shaping a global strategy to counteract new threats and challenges under the UN aegis, the article reads.

Russia and China have launched work on a mid-term program for developing bilateral trade and economic relations for 2006-2010, he wrote.

According to Yakovenko, the document will provide a comprehensive analysis of the potential for bilateral cooperation and offer specific recommendations for solving the existing problems that in some cases stall the development of Russian-Chinese trade and economic cooperation. Economic cooperation remains the pivotal sphere of Russian-Chinese interaction, he wrote.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don't like the language here .....

"Dividing states into those who lead and those who are lead"

"APPLYING DOUBLE STANDARDS" :eek:

Agreements over TAIWAN???? See the news bulletin below. Are they going to take over Taiwan.

This sounds serious folks. They appear to be talking war.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Russia, China support each other on Taiwan, Chechen issues

16:58

MOSCOW, July 1 (RIA Novosti) - Russia and China are bolstering reciprocal support on Taiwan and Chechen issues, Chinese President Hu Jintao said Friday.

These issues are crucial, Hu Jintao said after talks with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin.

He said Russia and China were developing cooperation on key international issues of mutual interest, particularly, stability in Central Asia, cooperation within the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (Russia, China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan), UN reform and the Korean nuclear problem.

He also pointed to the importance of the joint statement the two leaders signed following the talks.

President Putin, in turn, said the declaration reflected the similar approaches of Russia and China to the main foreign political issues.

"We understand the importance of Russian-Chinese good-neighborliness and partnership for our nations and the world as a whole," Putin said.

"Annual summits play a crucial role in the development of Russo-Chinese strategic partnership," he added.

Upvote 0

walking.away.123

Mar 24, 2004
None
✟25,039.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aria said:
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20050629/40813906.html

Moscow, Beijing to sign declaration on world order

July 2, 2005

14:28

MOSCOW, June 29 (RIA Novosti) - Chinese leader Hu Jintao will arrive here Thursday to sign a joint declaration on world order in the 21st Century, a spokesman for the Russian Foreign Ministry wrote in an article published in the government daily Rossiiskaya Gazeta Wednesday.

"This is a crucial document that reflects the convergence of Russia and China's fundamental positions on key issues in modern world order - our common view for the outlook of the development of humankind," Alexander Yakovenko wrote.

According to Yakovenko, the declaration will affirm the parties' commitment to forming a new fair and rational world order and to increasing the role of the UN in international politics.

Russia and China will announce the unacceptability of monopolizing global affairs, dividing states into those who lead and those who are led, imposing models for social development from the outside and applying double standards, he wrote.

Yakovenko wrote the sides will urge the international community to combine efforts in order to create a new architecture of security by shaping a global strategy to counteract new threats and challenges under the UN aegis, the article reads.

Russia and China have launched work on a mid-term program for developing bilateral trade and economic relations for 2006-2010, he wrote.

According to Yakovenko, the document will provide a comprehensive analysis of the potential for bilateral cooperation and offer specific recommendations for solving the existing problems that in some cases stall the development of Russian-Chinese trade and economic cooperation. Economic cooperation remains the pivotal sphere of Russian-Chinese interaction, he wrote.
Well, I'm sitting fearlessly in my Taiwan home. This is nothing new as far as Taiwan goes. This is a reaction to America's growing 'leadership' in the world. What they mean by 'those who lead' are the US and allies. But the last war showed the UN is irrelevent to the US for making policy. It's all pretty empty language they are using. The only mutual support they will be offering each other is more words to counter US criticism of their own human rights situations.
That's what I got out of it. Don't worry, if anyone needs to worry about China attacking Taiwan it's me, and I'm not.
S.

Upvote 0
K

Kolya

Aria said:
I don't like the language here .....

"Dividing states into those who lead and those who are lead"

"APPLYING DOUBLE STANDARDS" :eek:

Agreements over TAIWAN???? See the news bulletin below. Are they going to take over Taiwan.

This sounds serious folks. They appear to be talking war.

Go ahead and lynch me, I don't care.
Talking about invading Syria and Iran is not WAR TALK?
I'm also tired of the double standards!
Kolya

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kolya said:
Go ahead and lynch me, I don't care.
Talking about invading Syria and Iran is not WAR TALK?
I'm also tired of the double standards!
Kolya

The people of Taiwan are innocently minding their own business.

Syria and Iran are exporting terrorism to the rest of the world, not to mention attempting to create nuclear arsenals of their own.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kolya said:
So were the Iraki's, by all accounts. Where are the WMD'S?
Yellow Cake? And where is OBL? or is he d-e-d.?

I don't have the time or motivation to dedicate to political debate, nor is this forum the place for it.

There was good reason to take out Saddam Hussein, WMDs or no WMDs.

OBL may or may not be dead. He certainly has a lot lower profile these days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Sorry for placing this thread in TAW, but I wanted to eventually bring this around.

I rarely stray out of this forum, because when I have posted any news in the other forums, it turns into a disaster quickly with non-Orthodox and atheists adding their 2 cents.

Putin visited North Korea and invited the president of North Korea to visit Russia. There he gave the NK President a tour and the result - there is now a magnificant Russian Orthodox Temple in North Korea with two deacons ordained to serve there.

Then Putin visited China and was able to obtain the opening of several Russian Orthodox Churches.

Hopefully, these agreements mentioned above in the OP are more than just political and also involve the Russian Orthodox Church.

Please pray that Russia and the East will be converted to Orthodox Christianity.

There was a saintly bishop who prophecied that the East would convert the West. Wouldn't it be ironic if the supposed threat from China turned into being a spiritual blessing, with China sending millions of missionaries into the muslim countries.

Hey, it could happen.

Upvote 0

Maximus

Orthodox Christian
Jun 24, 2003
✟7,903.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Aria said:
Sorry for placing this piece here, but I wanted to eventually bring this around.

Putin visited North Korea and invited the president of NK to visit Russia. There he gave the NK President a tour and the result - there is now a magnificant Russian Orthodox Temple in North Korea with 2 deacons ordained to serve there.

Then Putin visited China and was able to obtain the opening of several Russian Orthodox Churches.

Hopefully, these agreements mentioned above are more than just political and also involve the Russian Orthodox Church.

Please pray that Russia and the East will be converted to Orthodox Christianity.

I wasn't aware of that.

I have a generally low opinion of Volodya (as do many Russians I know), but the opening of Orthodox churches is a good thing.

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Kolya said:
Thanks Aria, that I will pray for.

Thanks.

Has anyone heard any news about when North Korea will get a priest or two for their new Orthodox Cathedral?

The new deacons that were just ordained for North Korea, are they going to be ordained to the priesthood soon?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.