GuidanceNeeded

“Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Mar 26, 2009
✟8,766.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how to romance your wife or husband. I was going to put a list of ideas on my website. If you have any please let me know. I will give you credit for it on the site.

I'm sure you already thought of it, but candle lit dinners and bubble baths

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love all the romantic, candlelit dinners and stuff like that, BUT sometimes what is romantic to me is when my husband proactively does a chore that I can't abide, without ever complaining (in this case, the cat box, YUCKKK!!). He always takes care of it for me and then when I thank him, he says stuff like, "You shouldn't have to do something like that, Honey." WOW! Now THAT is amazingly romantic to me.

Besides all that, every year we take a one week vacation during the time of our anniversary. We always go to the same place because we love it there, but we get a different accomodation each time: a B&B or a cabin in the woods, that type of thing. Our place always has a hot tub because we loooove relaxing in it at night and, um, yeah, stuff. Heehee!

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, here goes:

I asked my husband directly and here's what he said:

1. Praise him often, show him appreciation and make him feel like he's your hero.
2. Have great meals ready for him on a constant basis.
3. Maintaining your appearance.
4. Be available sexually for him; be a great responder and initiator.
5. Let him control the remote!

1,000 points please!

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love all the romantic, candlelit dinners and stuff like that, BUT sometimes what is romantic to me is when my husband proactively does a chore that I can't abide, without ever complaining (in this case, the cat box, YUCKKK!!). He always takes care of it for me and then when I thank him, he says stuff like, "You shouldn't have to do something like that, Honey." WOW! Now THAT is amazingly romantic to me.

Besides all that, every year we take a one week vacation during the time of our anniversary. We always go to the same place because we love it there, but we get a different accomodation each time: a B&B or a cabin in the woods, that type of thing. Our place always has a hot tub because we loooove relaxing in it at night and, um, yeah, stuff. Heehee!

Funny that. Just this morning my 2 large dogs, who sleep in laundry room, one of them crapped (wash my mouth), EVERYWHERE, obviously upset stomach. it was a mess...your imagination cannot even go to the reality.

Wife called my at work, I go immediately home 45 minutes to sterilize the room.

Dorig you just tell me that I am a hopeless romantic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i confess that aint what I was thinkin while I was literally deep in the doo.

Upvote 0

Conservativation

Jun 18, 2009
✟13,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Okay, here goes:

I asked my husband directly and here's what he said:

1. Praise him often, show him appreciation and make him feel like he's your hero.
2. Have great meals ready for him on a constant basis.
3. Maintaining your appearance.
4. Be available sexually for him; be a great responder and initiator.
5. Let him control the remote!

1,000 points please!

Number 1 and number 4 over and over...skip the food, and well, at least stay with basic hygiene, the rest who cares.
If one and 4 are there, the remote will collect dust

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I find that one foundational principle lays the groundwork for a big chunk of romance & this is a unisex principle: Only ever say good things about your spouse in public, any criticism or correction should be done in private, in public always build up.

Talk. It doesn't always have to be deep and meaningful all the time, sometimes it can just be . . . well, silly . .. having those lines of communication open and not rusting makes it easier to slide into deeper levels of intamacy. It may be hard for many guys at first, but when you start to see the fruits of it, talking is SO underrated. For example, there is one restraunt I will only be willing to go to if I am feeling really bad about myself. I hadn't even picked up on the pattern til we talked about it, but yeah, everytime I went seeking deep fried low grade fish instead of something better I had something bad going on in my head. Now she takes the suggestion of Long John Silvers as a sign that we need to talk & usually by the time we get half way there we're headed someplace good (else). We wouldn't have gotten there without talking.

Learn the touch that expresses romance to your partner. Some forms of touching can be very sensual without being overtly sexual i.e. something gross to do in public. With my fingertips running lightly along the side of my wife's head arcing down and cupping the side of her neck with my palm, just that touch, in that way, in our marriage. We can do that places where kissing might be uncouth and at times it communicates more than a kiss.

Work at propriety - open doors for your ladies (ladies accept it graciously), men take your hats off when you enter a building & don't be outside without a cover, walk on the correct side of your lady/ ladies make it easy for him by trying to stay on his right side. I don't mean to sound snobbish with this, but there is something romantic about acting like proper ladies and gentlemen.

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Filial loyalty is one of the four vows.

Further, how I conduct myself towards my wife reflects on my Master. Failure to go above and beyond in service and compassion toward my wife is failure as a man . . . unacceptable. Merely being a good lover isn't enough. Romance should permeate daily life. Virtue should have deep roots.

Upvote 0

dorig59

Senior Veteran
May 18, 2008
Missouri
✟18,873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Filial loyalty is one of the four vows.

Further, how I conduct myself towards my wife reflects on my Master. Failure to go above and beyond in service and compassion toward my wife is failure as a man . . . unacceptable. Merely being a good lover isn't enough. Romance should permeate daily life. Virtue should have deep roots.

What's filial love?

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dont nessicarily disagree, but that is not shown in some of your other posts. In otherwords its not consistant so it threw me off a bit.

Cite examples or bugger off.

Filial loyalty is a specific sort of family love. It is most often talked about and observed by Eastern cultures. Duty, honor, loyalty are expressed not just in an individual's actions but as a reflection on those who came before & mindful that one's children will be painted in the family's laurels or shame -
Lord Naoshige said, "An ancestor's good or evil can be determined by the conduct of his descendants .'' A descendant should act in a way that will manifest the good in his ancestor and not the bad. This is filial piety.
Filial loyalty necessarily extends to the Master.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
H

Hosannainthehighest

Having eyes only for YOUR woman is incredibly romantic

(quote) If any woman is going to get her feelings hurt, it's not going to be my wife" (unquote) David Robinson - San Antonio Spurs

speaking on the fact that other woman want his attention and he made sure to not give ANY hint of attraction or undue attention.

A man that can uphold that sort of morality is romantic

Upvote 0