Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he ended up in hell, what was it really worth? God can use the wreckage of our lives to help someone, but surely that isn't what He wanted for Robin.

i'm not speculating about where he winds up..I was talking about his life and career.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i'm not speculating about where he winds up..I was talking about his life and career.

Well, you mentioned all that Robin Williams had done for the world and even for believers to make them laugh and so forth. Yet, none of that has any eternal value to God; his career did not bear fruit for the Kingdom of God, except perhaps unintentionally. I somehow don't believe that it brought a smile to Gods face, and that is why I struggled with singing the praises of a life lived by a lost man who forfeited eternal life. The bible talks about the death of the wicked quite a bit, and it is never in the context of praise or acclaim. Is it biblical to praise his life or is it antithetical to how God feels about it according to His word? It is justified to do so or is it simply a worldly sentiment that we say because we are afraid to speak the truth about what it really means?

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, you mentioned all that Robin Williams had done for the world and even for believers to make them laugh and so forth. Yet, none of that has any eternal value to God; his career did not bear fruit for the Kingdom of God, except perhaps unintentionally. I somehow don't believe that it brought a smile to Gods face, and that is why I struggled with singing the praises of a life lived by a lost man who forfeited eternal life. The bible talks about the death of the wicked quite a bit, and it is never in the context of praise or acclaim. Is it biblical to praise his life or is it antithetical to how God feels about it according to His word? It is justified to do so or is it simply a worldly sentiment that we say because we are afraid to speak the truth about what it really means?

Looks like he was born again..
Google is your friend..
Christian film critic Ted Baehr says Robin Williams accepted Jesus Christ in rehab | Christian News on Christian Today

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi freezerman,

You left out the other part of the quote "but he was always searching and never finding." It doesn't sound like Ted had any confidence that it was a true conversion but rather something rather seed that fell by the wayside. We also see no fruit from his life, no confession of faith or any indication of a changed heart. When you are born again it isn't something you could or would want to hide. If the only indication of someone's salvation is an extremely indecisive statement by someone who did not know him very well we can't place any confidence in that.

Upvote 0

freezerman2000

Living and dying in 3/4 time
Feb 24, 2011
South Carolina
✟39,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi freezerman,

You left out the other part of the quote "but he was always searching and never finding." It doesn't sound like Ted had any confidence that it was a true conversion but rather something rather seed that fell by the wayside. We also see no fruit from his life, no confession of faith or any indication of a changed heart. When you are born again it isn't something you could or would want to hide. If the only indication of someone's salvation is an extremely indecisive statement by someone who did not know him very well we can't place any confidence in that.

Funny,it shows up when i hit the link.
He may have been still searching even after being saved..i'm still searching at times,and have been saved for years.

Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Either way it doesn't matter anymore......If he accepted Him the Christ and felt remorse like Judas than God covers all sin.....Look at That serial killer who thought everything came from the slime and once he realized the truth of Creation he told a Pastor that saw him weekly that he felt unworthy to live and died by another inmate..........He really showed his conversion and felt remorse beyond remorse for killing those men......He lost his conscience and was free to do what he wanted in till the long arm of the Law showed how wrong he was.....What Robin did is between him and God. We can't speculate or even condemn because we do not know. The serial killers name is Jeffrey Dahmer.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2012
✟15,208.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My rant!

For those who sit in judgment of this man, Jesus said you will know them by their fruit, He also said, do not judge. Whether Robin Williams was saved or not isn't up to anyone here to decide. If you feel that God sent him to hell because you believe that to be so, you may just be surprised when it's your turn to crossover the veil.

Ron Williams made many laugh, but that doesn't get you there, only believing and confessing Jesus as Lord!

Yet, to those who believe that he wasn't saved, what makes you so sure of your salvation? Is it the works you do? How sure are you that he didn't bear more fruit for the kingdom than you?

Paul said in 1st Corinthians 8 What can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus?

What makes the world laugh at Christians is the lack of love that they show and how quick they are to condemn and beat their chests about how great their works are.

Who knows maybe Robin Williams is in the bosom of the Father making Him laugh right now... I don't know, but I sure aint going to speculate that because I believe he didn't make God laugh that he must have died a poor wretched sinner, separated from Gods' love for eternity suffering in a fiery furnace, the place called hell.

Yes, Robin Williams is just one example of how not to handle your problems, but, I can't truly say that in his darkness... If I were there how would I react?

When one begins to claim that they know for sure, I have to take a step back and question the one making the claims, it's easy to quote scripture and beat one's chest, it's easy to condemn those you feel don't live like you, the Pharisee in Jesus' time were pretty much the same.

End of rant... I'm done :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums