ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
oh my, I was not expecting so many questions so quickly
How do you feel about atheists?
some of them are ok, some of them are horrible, kinda like any other group.
I find this "New Atheism" to be annoying, it is not "New" it is just loud and annoying and rude, many of the more vocal proponents of it think that science gets rid of the need for religions and only know about the physical sciences, almost totally ignoring the deeper thinking of Philosophy.
but that is just a specific, and rather annoying breed of atheist, not all atheists in general
Beauty or the Beast?
can't I have BOTH?

Who is your favorite catholic saint?
hmm, well I have St. Raphael in my sig so I SHOULD choose him...
uhg there are so many good ones
this is gonna sound like a cop out, but I am gonna have to go with the Blessed Virgin Mary
How long have you been saved?
well it all depends on how you look at it, you can say I was saved from sin 2,000 years ago when my Lord took up my sins on the Cross.
I was Baptized into the Body of Christ when I was about 6 months old. since then I have had my ups and downs, growing closer to Christ and then backsliding :(

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, those kinds of atheists are terrible..

How do you feel about the television show, "King of Queens"?

I hate 99% of sitcoms

Scrubs was funny for a couple of seasons
How I Met Your Mother was good
Community was really crazy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, that is about it as far as sitcoms go

this whole "dumb husband + sassy wife" formula that you saw with innumerable sitcoms, like Everybody Loves Raymond, is just dumb beyond belief.
it is the equivalent of cheap potatoes chips, poor taste, no nutritional value, and marketed to the lowest common denominator

Patton Oswalt, who was on King of Queens as a supporting character, has a great stand up routine about how horrible it is to write for a sitcom, about how you can have "clean filth" where you can talk about the filthiest things in the world but you have to use clean language, very funny but NOT CF appropriate, so if strong language offends you, do not look it up, otherwise, check it out

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Who is your favorite female saint? Or it is saintess?
well I already said the Blessed Virgin Mary, but I will choose another one

St. Maria Goretti, she was killed in 1902, she was only 12 years old when an older teen tried to rape her, he was hitting on her for months, trying to get her to sleep with him, she kept saying no, then one day he tried to rape her and she resisted, got stabbed 14 times, she was rushed to the hospital but it was too late to really do anything, on her death bed she forgave her attacker and prayed that he would come to know God, all through her short life she was known for kindness, faith in Christ, helping her family in any way she could. Her family was very poor.
What's up with all of these AMA threads?

I dunno, I saw other people do it and I wanted to fit in with the cool kids
come on man, peer pressure

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Do you drink?
yeah, normally wine or hard cider but I will have a beer every now and again.
I do not drink very often.
I stay away from gin and vodka, I tend to go overboard when I drink spirits so I just stay away from them most of the time.
Know any good catholic jokes?

lol I can not think of any at the moment, at least none I could post on CF ;)

Upvote 0