Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing Irene.. I am going to say exactly the same thing about my local church.. but by faith that is.. calling things that be not as though they are!!!

By faith believing for this , agreeing with you sis.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read the testamonies, and I bet its great to be involved in these things. I'll pray that not only does it continue, but that it spreads like a fire should.

I didn't understand the 10th testimony, Fragrance of God, do you have any insight on what that means?

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just read the testamonies, and I bet its great to be involved in these things. I'll pray that not only does it continue, but that it spreads like a fire should.

I didn't understand the 10th testimony, Fragrance of God, do you have any insight on what that means?
grace

Upvote 0

ydouxist

Senior Veteran
Nov 27, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟19,940.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Must your posts be sooooo long?

Sorry irenemcg, I didn't mean to derail your thread.
I just sent a link of your Church to a friend of mine.
I think it's awesome what God is doing in Scotland. :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

irenemcg

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
Caught up in the Heavenlies
Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

I have smelt the fragrance of God myself in the church it is a sweet perfume.

Read Song of Solomon.

Psa 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness;
Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.
Psa 45:8 All Your garments are scented with myrrh and aloes and cassia,
Out of the ivory palaces, by which they have made You glad.

The “sweet incense” (lit. “incense of the aromas) burned on the altar of incense in the tabernacle was fragrant incense made of equal parts of stacte, onycha, galbanum, and pure frankincense.

Exo 30:34 And the LORD said to Moses: "Take sweet spices, stacte and onycha and galbanum, and pure frankincense with these sweet spices; there shall be equal amounts of each.
Exo 30:35 You shall make of these an incense, a compound according to the art of the perfumer, salted, pure, and holy.
This was for this sacred use only; God did not permit any personal use.

Exo 30:37 But as for the incense which you shall make, you shall not make any for yourselves, according to its composition. It shall be to you holy for the LORD.
Exo 30:38 Whoever makes any like it, to smell it, he shall be cut off from his people."

The Scriptures clearly show that the burning of incense is a type of prayers going up to God.

Rev 5:8 Now when He had taken the scroll, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying:

"You are worthy to take the scroll,
And to open its seals;
For You were slain,
And have redeemed us to God by Your blood
Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,

Our prayers are a sweet smell to God.

Rev 8:3 Then another angel, having a golden censer, came and stood at the altar. He was given much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
Rev 8:4 And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, ascended before God from the angel's hand.

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down,
My name shall be great among the Gentiles;
In every place incense shall be offered to My name,
And a pure offering;
For My name shall be great among the nations,"
Says the LORD of hosts.

A misuse of the essence or incense

Eze 16:18 You took your embroidered garments and covered them, and you set My oil and My incense before them.
Eze 16:19 Also My food which I gave you--the pastry of fine flour, oil, and honey which I fed you--you set it before them as sweet incense; and so it was," says the Lord GOD.

Php 4:18 Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God.

When we earnestly seek after God there are occasions when we might smell his fragrance.

The word “perfume” occurs only three times in the KJV of the Bible, all in the Old Testament. The Hebrew word translated “perfume” (including the famous Proverbs 27:9) occurs about 58 times in the Old Testament. In almost all the other places, it is translated as “incense” or “sweet incense,” meaning fragrant incense. The Hebrew word translated “perfumes” (plural) in Isaiah 57:9 occurs only that once in the OT.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.