Wales
✟15,198.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Okay please don't be offended by this. I was brought up Church in Wales and my uncle is the Revival Fellowship. My Mother was always concerned about this as he came away from his family and only had friends in that specific church. I never saw too much of a problem but there is a lot online saying it is some kind of cult. I'm Pentecostal and since I was saved, I have found we believe much of the same things :) and we have gotten on better.

He came to stay recently and we bonded over our faith and he didn't seem as guarded as he usually is. However since he has gone back home when ever I mention religion in our e-mails he ignores me and changes the subject. I wonder if someone told advised him not to talk with me about it. Does anybody know anything or belong to the Revival Fellowship I'd love to hear from you! For what it's worth I don't think it's a cult but am curious why my Uncle is so guarded about a big part of his life.

Thanks and God bless guys :) xx

dragongunner

Jul 30, 2012
Indiana
✟9,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You view your conversations as bonding and he saw "differences" unfortunately. Though it seems to be the way he regards his religion - just a continuing of "...he came away from his family and only had friends in that specific church." just imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0