Rep. Zinke Introduces bill to Expel Palestinians from the U.S.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

...from the "all Palestinians are bad" camp....

From the Congressman's website:
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - Today, Western Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke introduced the Safeguarding Americans from Extremism (SAFE) Act to prevent Palestinian terrorists from abusing the United States’ legal immigration system by requiring the Department of Homeland Security to implement a pause on all visas, refugee status and granting of asylum for individuals holding a passport issued by the Palestinian Authority (PA). It also revokes any entrance of covered aliens who were granted visas or entered the United States on or after October 1, 2023.

“This legislation keeps America safe. I don’t trust the Biden Administration any more than I do the Palestinian Authority to screen who is allowed to come into the United States,” Zinke said. “This is the most anti-Hamas immigration legislation I have seen and it’s well deserved. Given the circumstances, the threats to our immigration system and the history of terrorists abusing refugee, asylum and visa processes all over the world, the requirements in this bill are necessary to keep Americans safe. This bill does exactly that.”

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

...from the "all Palestinians are bad" camp....

From the Congressman's website:
(WASHINGTON, D.C.) - Today, Western Montana Congressman Ryan Zinke introduced the Safeguarding Americans from Extremism (SAFE) Act to prevent Palestinian terrorists from abusing the United States’ legal immigration system by requiring the Department of Homeland Security to implement a pause on all visas, refugee status and granting of asylum for individuals holding a passport issued by the Palestinian Authority (PA). It also revokes any entrance of covered aliens who were granted visas or entered the United States on or after October 1, 2023.

“This legislation keeps America safe. I don’t trust the Biden Administration any more than I do the Palestinian Authority to screen who is allowed to come into the United States,” Zinke said. “This is the most anti-Hamas immigration legislation I have seen and it’s well deserved. Given the circumstances, the threats to our immigration system and the history of terrorists abusing refugee, asylum and visa processes all over the world, the requirements in this bill are necessary to keep Americans safe. This bill does exactly that.”

This is campaign fodder.
It won’t make it out of committee.
But Zinke can tout about how “he tried!“ in campaign literature.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is campaign fodder.
It won’t make it out of committee.
But Zinke can tout about how “he tried!“ in campaign literature.

The scary thing is that Republicans think of this as a viable campaign strategy. As an immigrant myself who has more than paid his way in both his birth and host countries, I think denigrating all Palestinians like this is deeply wrong.

Upvote 0