Fort Bragg, NC
✟6,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Being used by God doesn't make you spiritually superior. Balaam's donkey was still a donkey after his miraculous discussion with his master.
Mark Mobely

This really spoke to me. I still struggle with this a lot myself. We do sometimes have the tendency to consider what God allows us to do as our own accomplishments or to esteem ourselves better or highly because of them. It isn't necessarily as bad being an arrogant jerk, sometimes it's simply considering yourself other peoples better or mentor.

Sometimes it is hard to stay humble after God has graced us with allowing us to be involved with his doings.

alatir

Aug 1, 2007
✟15,712.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm amazed how patient the Lord is with us. Sometimes you can really sense how God is using to encourage, serve or help someone and at the same you sense you feel the pride just swelling up your heart.

I don't know if I have ever done anything out of totally pure motives. Sin is just so bound up in our heart. But that brings me to humbleness because you see that it is all grace that God is using sinners like us.

Upvote 0