✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Quite the about-face, I see...
Not really, I've always believed that. I also happen to be a strong conservative, but I don't argue a stance from the Bible if the Bible doesn't talk about it. Lots of liberals who profess Christ like to say the Bible demands that we be liberal like them though, and I'm all about deconstructing that lie.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Kind of.

I firmly believe everyone should be allowed to make their own choices and not be dictated to according to a religious belief they may not follow even if we do consider it the "one true path". Some of these options clash with my personal beliefs based on faith but, in my mind, I know the option to do something is always mirrored by the option not to do something. I feel no conflict about this.

However I do vote for parties whose views generally match up with my ethics. I vote green as I can not support any of the major parties without feeling a bit of revulsion building up, but I wont waste my vote because people fought long and hard for our right to vote in the first place. So I vote in the direction my heart leads me.

Non-Christians are not under the law of our faith, whilst I do not mind going round and helping people find faith and understand my personal convictions for certain topics I do not want to vote for a party which want these convictions to become mandatory regardless of faith.

So there's some influence. I'm still maturing when it comes to politics so it's not a very clear answer.

Reactions: Rose of Eden
Upvote 0