Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They had a beautiful wedding in Paris, but the trouble in the marriage began almost at once. Despite his premarital promise to respect her Catholic beliefs, Dr. Felix Leseur began to undertake to destroy the faith of his wife Elisabeth. He tried to argue her out of her faith and left atheist pamphlets around the house.

However, his efforts had a surprising effect. His attacks raised questions, and she sought answers. Rather than giving up her faith, she began to read the Gospel accounts of the life of Jesus slowly and thoughtfully. She read about the saints. She learned the intellectual foundations of her faith. She began to serve the poor and needy in her community. She began to pray continually for the soul of her husband and the souls of all with whom she had contact.

But her husband did not let up on his hopes of destroying her faith. Though he remained a loving husband in other ways, he redoubled his efforts to show the foolishness of Catholicism, putting tremendous strain on their relationship. He even wrote books and edited a newspaper aimed at promoting atheism and showing the foolishness of Catholicism. He filled the family bookshelves with anti-religious tracts and invited his secular friends to their house to show her the error of her ways.

Continued below.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
After what I've gone through with my family, I wouldn't marry an atheist. I would pray for them, but the stress of seeing them deny God over and over is just too much. Plus it would be confusing to any kids you had.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0