Red Hen owner followed Sanders family to another restaurant

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The fact that Sarah's beliefs are broadcast isn't an action of hers...its an action of the media's.

Yeah, it is the media's fault that she took a job as press secretary and they're forcing her to stand up for all of the things Trump wants her to.

If that's really the best you can come up with, well, what's the first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole?

No flip flopping here.

So you say, but I've read the posts. Who am I supposed to believe, you or my lyin' eyes?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, the baker sells to all sorts of couples who get married - except one particular minority group.

Oh...has he excluded every gay person who ever walked into the store and bought a cake?

You can prove this for a fact?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, it is the media's fault that she took a job as press secretary and they're forcing her to stand up for all of the things Trump wants her to.

They ask questions...she provides answers. That's generally how the position works.

If that's really the best you can come up with, well, what's the first thing to do when you find yourself in a hole?

You've been arguing that it's not the beliefs she holds...but the fact that she expresses them.

You're not really in any position to complain about the quality of an argument.

So you say, but I've read the posts. Who am I supposed to believe, you or my lyin' eyes?

Clearly you misunderstood something.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I've got no idea what you're saying here...

Do you believe in the principle that people are allowed to hold different beliefs than you and not expect mistreatment?

Allowing someone to feel the sting of an act they've defended publicly is more of an object lesson than a mistreatment. If it truly felt like mistreatment to her maybe that's a pretty clear sign she's defended a bad thing. This wasn't a random act against her. This was people who had good reason to personally fear what she was defending not giving her exactly the thing she felt they could rightfully be deprived of: public accommodation. The darker side of the golden rule is the saying, "Judge not lest ye be judged." It's not a threat. It's just the natural consequences of living in the very world you've created.

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I seriously cannot believe this thread is still going.

I don't think even Sarah Sanders cares this much about what happened to her.

Give it up already, you guys. This is why other countries just laugh at us.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Allowing someone to feel the sting of an act they've defended publicly is more of an object lesson than a mistreatment. If it truly felt like mistreatment to her maybe that's a pretty clear sign she's defended a bad thing. This wasn't a random act against her. This was people who had good reason to personally fear what she was defending not giving her exactly the thing she felt they could rightfully be deprived of: public accommodation. The darker side of the golden rule is the saying, "Judge not lest ye be judged." It's not a threat. It's just the natural consequences of living in the very world you've created.

So is that a yes or no?

I sort of skipped reading when it looked like you dodged the answer.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nope, the baker sells to all sorts of couples who get married - except one particular minority group.

Maybe he would have refused to sell a wedding cake to a pair of 10 year olds who were being forced to marry each other by their parents too. Since that is illegal, just as homosexual "marriage" was when this case got started, he would have had every right to.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he would have refused to sell a wedding cake to a pair of 10 year olds who were being forced to marry each other by their parents too. Since that is illegal, just as homosexual "marriage" was when this case got started, he would have had every right to.

How does the legality of marriage change the law in regards to discrimination based on orientation?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Gay marriage was illegal? Do tell... Did the store owner report them to the police once he found out? What sort of punishment was given to the couple in question?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Oh...has he excluded every gay person who ever walked into the store and bought a cake?

You can prove this for a fact?

Why would I need to? There's no law saying that it is OK to discriminate against certain types of minority so long as you don't do it all the time.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
They ask questions...she provides answers. That's generally how the position works.

That plus unprompted prepared statements.

But the important part is we're at least back to agreeing that this is about her actions.

Good luck convincing people that journalists kidnapped here in the middle of the night and forced her to work from Trump, though. That might strain credibility just a bit.

You've been arguing that it's not the beliefs she holds...but the fact that she expresses them.

You're not really in any position to complain about the quality of an argument.

Clearly you misunderstood something.

Not sure why you would write these things. Maybe journalists forced you to, just like they're forcing SHS. I've heard they're a dangerous bunch.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would I need to? There's no law saying that it is OK to discriminate against certain types of minority so long as you don't do it all the time.

Being a minority has nothing to do with it...bigotry against a majority is still bigotry.

I asked because it's a part of your twisted logic regarding Sanders. The owner hasn't discriminated against every conservative...so it must be Sanders's actions.

Well, by that same token, the baker hasn't discriminated against every gay customer so it must've been the one gay customer's actions.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Meh. You asked a bad question. It misses the point. I answered a better one.
Read or don't read. It's up to you.

It doesn't miss the point...you're simply dodging the question because it shows your actual position without all the self righteous nonsense.

You don't need to answer...I think we both know why you dodged it. I just wanted to give you a second chance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That plus unprompted prepared statements.

But the important part is we're at least back to agreeing that this is about her actions.

At no point did we agree it was about actions lol.

Now I know you're mistaken.

Good luck convincing people that journalists kidnapped here in the middle of the night and forced her to work from Trump, though. That might strain credibility just a bit.

Why would I do that? We both know this is about political beliefs...not whether or not she expressed them.

Not sure why you would write these things. Maybe journalists forced you to, just like they're forcing SHS. I've heard they're a dangerous bunch.

It highlights the laughable position you're failing to defend.

The idea that she would have been kicked out for voicing some pro-liberal/pro-gay agenda is ridiculous.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Try refusing to sell a few ounces of crack to a black man, and then answer that question for yourself.

Or you could answer it for me instead of trying to come up with really bad comparisons. How does the legality of marriage change the law in regards to discrimination based on orientation?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Being a minority has nothing to do with it...

Discrimination against certain groups of minorities is illegal, so it certainly matters.

I asked because it's a part of your twisted logic regarding Sanders. The owner hasn't discriminated against every conservative...so it must be Sanders's actions.

No, I've said that because the owner told us it was Sander's actions that made her employees uncomfortable.

Well, by that same token, the baker hasn't discriminated against every gay customer so it must've been the one gay customer's actions.

Did a journalist force you to say this? I hear they're involved in this somehow.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
At no point did we agree it was about actions lol.

Then you should probably stop talking about how SHS's actions differentiate her from other people with the same beliefs who weren't asked to leave.

Why would I do that? We both know this is about political beliefs...not whether or not she expressed them.

Oh man, now journalists can force people to believe things. That's even worse than you telling us they forced SHS to take a job at the White House. What can't these evildoers do?

It highlights the laughable position you're failing to defend.

You're the one telling us journalists forced SHS to take and do her job. If we both agree that it is a laughable idea can we move on to the next lame rationalization?

The idea that she would have been kicked out for voicing some pro-liberal/pro-gay agenda is ridiculous.

<Staff Edit> Interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,121.00
Country
United States
Faith