davidsheart77

Aug 1, 2010
Lansing, Mi
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then why would you even play video games at all?
I personally play when i seldom have a chance which is rare a game like lumines or the sims or racing games and the sports genre. Trust me I went tthrough some serious conviction about it because i loved games like GTA and Resident Evil or anything that was popular. Then I started reading the scriptures and really understanding the word and wowowowo. I couldn't look at video games or movies the same way anymore. Now I just use discernment to the best of my ability with the help of the holy spirit to keep everything pure. King David said let the thoughts and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight. So its not easy buddy, and I ask that you pray about this and earnestly seek about these games. Don't ask the majority of Christians because i tried and they told me what i wanted to hear, but deep within I still felt out of place. If we are keepers of peace how can we support anything that promotes violence?

Upvote 0

Octorock

Octorockin'
Jun 12, 2010
California
✟8,288.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I personally play when i seldom have a chance which is rare a game like lumines or the sims or racing games and the sports genre. Trust me I went tthrough some serious conviction about it because i loved games like GTA and Resident Evil or anything that was popular. Then I started reading the scriptures and really understanding the word and wowowowo. I couldn't look at video games or movies the same way anymore. Now I just use discernment to the best of my ability with the help of the holy spirit to keep everything pure. King David said let the thoughts and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight. So its not easy buddy, and I ask that you pray about this and earnestly seek about these games. Don't ask the majority of Christians because i tried and they told me what i wanted to hear, but deep within I still felt out of place. If we are keepers of peace how can we support anything that promotes violence?

You didn't answer my question. If you are to limit your actions to only those things that glorify God, then why do you play video games at all?

Upvote 0

NiobiumTragedy

Glorious Tragedy
Jun 15, 2009
USA
✟17,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
davidsheart, the issue I'm seeing here is that you feel convicted over something, and so you're trying to push your own conviction on others as if it's religious law, which just isn't the case. What one man feels doesn't mean it's right or wrong. I myself can play game like this all day long and not be convicted of it because I know it's not harming me spiritually. That might not be the case for a lot of other people, and that is fine for them. But each person is different and what might not be okay for one person is fine for another, so don't try to push one mans opinion or conviction on others as religious truth, because it's only truth for yourself.

Upvote 0

davidsheart77

Aug 1, 2010
Lansing, Mi
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't answer my question. If you are to limit your actions to only those things that glorify God, then why do you play video games at all?
Well, it says in "all things we do rather we eat drink in all things do it to the glory of God." And not that playing video games is prohibited but does question then becomes is what I am playing suitable for the glory of God. For instance does it use the Lord's name in vain, is it promoting killing our neighbor, stealing and such and such then no its not something that is done in the glory of God. if i am playing a sports game whenever I get a chance, I know im in the clear because im not polluting my mind nor supporting anything that speaks against or promotes any contrary views to the image and glory of God. Therefore my activity is in the glory of God. Meaning its pure in its nature. Same thing with all other things. We are not under any law per se. We are given the spirit of love through Christ Jesus and one of the characteristics of love is that it does not delight in evil but in what's right. So if we delight in imaginary killing how is that to the Glory of God?

Upvote 0

davidsheart77

Aug 1, 2010
Lansing, Mi
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
davidsheart, the issue I'm seeing here is that you feel convicted over something, and so you're trying to push your own conviction on others as if it's religious law, which just isn't the case. What one man feels doesn't mean it's right or wrong. I myself can play game like this all day long and not be convicted of it because I know it's not harming me spiritually. That might not be the case for a lot of other people, and that is fine for them. But each person is different and what might not be okay for one person is fine for another, so don't try to push one mans opinion or conviction on others as religious truth, because it's only truth for yourself.
Thank you for sharing your opinion. Is there any way you can show me in scripture to help me with my view if its not correct? thanks buddy.

Upvote 0

Octorock

Octorockin'
Jun 12, 2010
California
✟8,288.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well, it says in "all things we do rather we eat drink in all things do it to the glory of God." And not that playing video games is prohibited but does question then becomes is what I am playing suitable for the glory of God. For instance does it use the Lord's name in vain, is it promoting killing our neighbor, stealing and such and such then no its not something that is done in the glory of God. if i am playing a sports game whenever I get a chance, I know im in the clear because im not polluting my mind nor supporting anything that speaks against or promotes any contrary views to the image and glory of God. Therefore my activity is in the glory of God. Meaning its pure in its nature. Same thing with all other things. We are not under any law per se. We are given the spirit of love through Christ Jesus and one of the characteristics of love is that it does not delight in evil but in what's right. So if we delight in imaginary killing how is that to the Glory of God?

Again, why do you play video games at all? Do you feel that the act glorifies God?

Upvote 0

davidsheart77

Aug 1, 2010
Lansing, Mi
✟7,903.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I do depending on what I am playing its not the act of itself, its the input that is to glorification of the Father. But I am curious you have neglected a few of my questions which is of no harm. But I wonder as my christian brother how often do you read? Maybe we can study online or something. here is a passage from Jesus himself that pertains to an all in all thing when it comes to the act of what we choose to do. The body gets its light through the eyes. If you have good eyes, all your body will have light.
23But if your eyes are bad, all your body will be in darkness. If the light in you is dark, it will be very dark for you.' So like i said its not the act of playing the games its what is done with the act of playing games that is done to the glory of the father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JordanDaniel

JordanDaniel
Dec 5, 2010
America
✟15,416.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
RDR is the definition of awesomness. A free roam western where you can hunt animals,complete challenges, hogtie someone put them on train tracks waiting for the train it's classic!! Nothing is better. Yes, the eyes are the windows to your soul, but seriously VIDEO GAMES?????? Unless you turn on your console " ohhhhh yes it is time to end some very important imaginery lives, put imaginary familys into a deep depression, it is time to MURDER!!!!" I'm sure your not going to displease God. He understands that it's my way to escape from this harsh world into a dying western full of things to do. My goal is to get some golden guns online, not to murder virtual pixels. Come guys, a lil common sense won't hurt, it's like changing into clean boxers.GEEESE

By the way does anyone play RDR on xbox live? PM me we could form a gang shootout team and what not:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums