Visit site
✟739,957.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although I agree in principal with the idea that Islam should not be encouraged in our institutions I think that just banning the Islamic faith is counter productive. i.e. banning the Muslim head scarf is just ridiculous, and banning halal food silly. Muslims have a right to practice their religion. As for having it taught in our schools I agree 100% that this should not occur. The Islamic faith teaches principals that are at odds with good society, allowing domestic violence when a wife is rebellious, and encouraging its adherents to fight (through war) against those who make themselves the Muslims enemy. We would not teach Satanism in schools because it encourages murder and hate (although it is a religion), we should neither teach Islam because it allows domestic violence, and encourages war.

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although I agree in principal with the idea that Islam should not be encouraged in our institutions I think that just banning the Islamic faith is counter productive. i.e. banning the Muslim head scarf is just ridiculous, and banning halal food silly. Muslims have a right to practice their religion. As for having it taught in our schools I agree 100% that this should not occur. The Islamic faith teaches principals that are at odds with good society, allowing domestic violence when a wife is rebellious, and encouraging its adherents to fight (through war) against those who make themselves the Muslims enemy. We would not teach Satanism in schools because it encourages murder and hate (although it is a religion), we should neither teach Islam because it allows domestic violence, and encourages war.
Some would say the same about our faith. With selective readings of various passages then those claims can appear to be justified. At the end of the day the good values can still be taught through ethics classes and then there is no discrimination. Of course when you add in the way some prominent people who claim to be christian then I can really understand why some people are upset.

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some would say the same about our faith. With selective readings of various passages then those claims can appear to be justified. At the end of the day the good values can still be taught through ethics classes and then there is no discrimination. Of course when you add in the way some prominent people who claim to be christian then I can really understand why some people are upset.
It is interesting that in social studies classes teachers can teach students about the religion of countries being studied but they cannot teach the Christian origins of Christmas & Easter.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Halal certification/extortion fees are imposed on non-Muslims against their will. This is the issue non-Muslims are against. In addition Sheikh Indians are forbidden in the philosophy to consume Halal products, hence they are discriminated against by our current system which imposes Halal upon such non-Muslims without regard for their beliefs, traditions, etc. Halal labeling is not even given on products any longer making it difficult for consumers to know what products to avoid. Halal should be a user pays system, and with clear labeling.

Monies raised from we non-Muslims through Halal certification/extortion are used to further the Muslim agenda, against our wishes.
http://halalchoices.com.au/

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting that in social studies classes teachers can teach students about the religion of countries being studied but they cannot teach the Christian origins of Christmas & Easter.

Well that's odd. My daughter had lessons about Christianity this year and last year in social studies at a public school. But don't let me get in the way of the "Woe! We are so persecuted!" Meme.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Halal certification/extortion fees are imposed on non-Muslims against their will. This is the issue non-Muslims are against. In addition Sheikh Indians are forbidden in the philosophy to consume Halal products, hence they are discriminated against by our current system which imposes Halal upon such non-Muslims without regard for their beliefs, traditions, etc. Halal labeling is not even given on products any longer making it difficult for consumers to know what products to avoid. Halal should be a user pays system, and with clear labeling.

Monies raised from we non-Muslims through Halal certification/extortion are used to further the Muslim agenda, against our wishes.
http://halalchoices.com.au/
So don't buy halal certified food if it bothers you so much
Easy.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I went along to the Reclaim rally on Sunday, but with hesitation due to the reputation of Leftist activists for violence, spitting and throwing projectiles. Fortunately all was well as the police kept a tight reign on the Leftist activists. One Leftist was arrested and another Leftist managed to evade police arrest.

The Leftist activists were true to their usual form always trying to shout down any opposing view (typical of the left who believe that only their views should be heard). And of course the Leftists chants were all irrelevant to the Reclaim rally's cause. Their chants were the usual politically correct deceitful abuse (racist, bigot, etc). The inconvenient fact that Islam is a religion and not a race was totally ignored by the Leftists as we all know that they never let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to shout abuse at opponents.

An Aboriginal man near me commented that he felt safe with us at the Reclaim rally, away from the Leftists. The Reclaim rally was quite a multi-ethnic group too, which only made the Leftists look foolish when shouting racist chants at us all.

In all a good rally and will be looking forward to the next one.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So don't buy halal certified food if it bothers you so much
Easy.

You seem to be avoiding the point.

The Halal labeling is deliberately not provided so consumers are left in the dark.

So many products are Halal that it severely limits ones choices. This is especially unfortunate for Sheikh Indians who are forbidden from consuming Halal food.

And Halal certification/extortion should not be forced upon non-Muslims against their wishes anyway, especially as it raises funding to further the Islamic agenda in the west.

Sadly, leaders on the Left preach to their obedient followers that they should ignore all these issues because their Leftist masters say so.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟739,957.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem we have with this whole issue, is that it is likely to spark more division with in the community. If all the things that the rally is asking for was done, then Muslims would rise up against it. The Quran says there is nothing worse than those who prevent them from practicing their religion, and there would be violence against those who did those things. Personally for me I believe we need more Christians sharing the gospel with their neighbors, and friends, including Muslims. A message of love. How would we like it if Muslims tried to stop us from attending church, or carrying a bible. The truth is stronger than a lie, love is more powerful than hatred.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be avoiding the point.

The Halal labeling is deliberately not provided so consumers are left in the dark.

So many products are Halal that it severely limits ones choices. This is especially unfortunate for Sheikh Indians who are forbidden from consuming Halal food.

And Halal certification/extortion should not be forced upon non-Muslims against their wishes anyway, especially as it raises funding to further the Islamic agenda in the west.

Sadly, leaders on the Left preach to their obedient followers that they should ignore all these issues because their Leftist masters say so.
How much does halal certification add to the cost of any given product?

If the certification isn't labelled, how do Muslims tell which products are so certified?

You realise this is an old anti-semitic argument, just rebadged for use against Muslims? Google "secret Jew's tax"

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The problem we have with this whole issue, is that it is likely to spark more division with in the community. If all the things that the rally is asking for was done, then Muslims would rise up against it. The Quran says there is nothing worse than those who prevent them from practicing their religion, and there would be violence against those who did those things. Personally for me I believe we need more Christians sharing the gospel with their neighbors, and friends, including Muslims. A message of love. How would we like it if Muslims tried to stop us from attending church, or carrying a bible. The truth is stronger than a lie, love is more powerful than hatred.

The divisions within society have been sparked already by the efforts of the Left and fundamentalist Muslims. Submitting to these bullies is only going to make things even worse.

BTW, Reclaim is not about banning the religion of Islam. Your posts suggest you seem to have misunderstood what Reclaim is about. Maybe you have been watching news from Leftist media outlets like the ABC or Fairfax as they have been putting out leftist propaganda instead of facts.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How much does halal certification add to the cost of any given product?

If the certification isn't labelled, how do Muslims tell which products are so certified?

You realise this is an old anti-semitic argument, just rebadged for use against Muslims? Google "secret Jew's tax"

The certification is mainly for overseas markets so no doubt the exports are labelled Halal. The Australian market is not labelled as most of the home market is non-Muslim and manufacturers dont want to lose their Australian customers with Halal labeling.

You obviously do not realize that it's NOT a rebadged "anti-semitic" argument. Australians were never aware of a "secret Jews tax". But Halal is a broad based religious tax (far bigger than the Kosher tax) imposed upon non-Muslims to fund their agendas.

It's obvious that such religious taxes should be user pays only, especially as non-Muslims are offended that they're being forced to fund the agenda of a totalitarian fascist ideology. Sadly the Left always try to deflect attention from the real issues and concerns of people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not surprised. Those stuck in the Leftist bubble fail to grasp reality.
Yeah yeah, I've heard it before. Of course, I'm hard right by Australian standards, but please don't let me stop you and your claims that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow a brainwashed lefty.

Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah yeah, I've heard it before. Of course, I'm hard right by Australian standards, but please don't let me stop you and your claims that anyone who disagrees with you is somehow a brainwashed lefty.

Do you remember that old saying..."if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck".

I come across lefties every now the then, also known as progressives, who claim not to be leftist/progressives whilst they always argue for leftist/progressive causes. But as they pass the "duck test" on being Lefty progressives, then it's obvious what they are in spite of their protestations to the contrary.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you remember that old saying..."if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's most likely a duck".

I come across lefties every now the then, also known as progressives, who claim not to be leftist/progressives whilst they always argue for leftist/progressive causes. But as they pass the "duck test" on being Lefty progressives, then it's obvious what they are in spite of their protestations to the contrary.
Uh-huh. Well I'm not, and I'm asking you nicely not to say or insinuate I am, OK?

Upvote 0

TheDag

I don't like titles
Jan 8, 2005
✟28,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yet you quack like a right wing conservative but deny being a right wing conservative instead claiming to be centre. Funny how you never apply these things to yourself. Nothing changes with you.

The certification is mainly for overseas markets so no doubt the exports are labelled Halal. The Australian market is not labelled as most of the home market is non-Muslim and manufacturers dont want to lose their Australian customers with Halal labeling.
So much for there not being much choice. Also interesting how you never answered the question as to how much it adds to the cost of a product. See that question is central to the heart of your claims so needs to be answered. It is not a side issue.

You obviously do not realize that it's NOT a rebadged "anti-semitic" argument. Australians were never aware of a "secret Jews tax". But Halal is a broad based religious tax (far bigger than the Kosher tax) imposed upon non-Muslims to fund their agendas.
Of course it is. The arguments are identical. Just because it may not have been as widespread makes no difference.

It's obvious that such religious taxes should be user pays only, especially as non-Muslims are offended that they're being forced to fund the agenda of a totalitarian fascist ideology. Sadly the Left always try to deflect attention from the real issues and concerns of people.
So you advocate the church paying taxes then and losing their tax free exemption. After all user pays. Of course your view would disadvantage the very people Jesus commands us to help.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Uh-huh. Well I'm not, and I'm asking you nicely not to say or insinuate I am, OK?

People identify to whatever they want. Malcolm Turnbull identifies as a Liberal party politician in spite of the many calls as to what is such a progressive Left leaning politician doing there.

Upvote 0