Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been watching Sanders and I can see that he feels very uncomfortable. He said the DNC was rigged and playing dirty as he experienced it first hand. Which makes me wonder why he agreed to endorse Clinton in the first place.

Reactions: Sweet Tooth
Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I have been watching Sanders and I can see that he feels very uncomfortable. He said the DNC was rigged and playing dirty as he experienced it first hand. Which makes me wonder why he agreed to endorse Clinton in the first place.

Presumably because he doesn't want Trump to win.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Outside of the Democratic convention, Sanders supporters are chanting, "Hell no, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary!".

Well, depending on which poll you look at between 40% and 75% of all former Bernie supporters are planning to vote for Clinton, so I wouldn't take them as representatives of the entire movement.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I am watching it on the news. But I honestly think Sanders needs to grow a spine. He is just looking like a whipped puppy at this point. Why is he supporting a crooked campaign? It makes him look untrustworthy as well.
Outside of the Democratic convention, Sanders supporters are chanting, "Hell no, DNC, we won't vote for Hillary!".

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Voting for Hillary will increase their chances to get a real progressive in 2020. Trump will appoint judges who will expand voter suppression, create more media monopolies and conglomerates without anti-trust policies, and continue to allow the wealthy to puchase unlimited commercials to brainwash the electorate.

Demographics trending towards Democrats won't help if the courts prevent them from voting and encourage brainwashing of the electorate.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that the convention will overcome the unfortunate news of yesterday. After all, Hillary and Bill have been countering "Much Ado About Nothing" for 24 years--no people in American politics have seen every move they make criticized and exaggerated as much as they have. While it's unfortunate that she has to defend criticism instead of talking about a vision for America which, while not as positive as Bernie's, is light years better than Trump's, I think eventually her message is getting across...

I expect that after Trump starts getting security briefings he's going to leak secure information in a much more dramatic way than 4 year old information it took several Congressional committees to unearth...

Undisciplined, off-script, and impulsive, he's going to make some gigantic mistakes along the way, even some mistakes that might threaten American security. Trump watchers, keep your cell phones charged and ready.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Positions, I suppose. Hillary Clinton is a lot closer to Sanders on the issues than Donald Trump is. Additionally, Sanders has shifted the party a bit to the left.
I have to admit, the discussion around this election has been less about the issues than any I've seen in the past. I think that's a shame...we're worried about soundbites and scandals more than where the candidates stand on the issues. It's becoming more of a popularity contest like electing Homecoming royalty. I'm voting for Clinton simply because I agree with her on about 80% of the issues, whereas with Johnson it's about 45% and 20% for Trump. ...maybe 75% for Stein.

Reactions: MikeK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Positions, I suppose. Hillary Clinton is a lot closer to Sanders on the issues than Donald Trump is. Additionally, Sanders has shifted the party a bit to the left.
I have to admit, the discussion around this election has been less about the issues than any I've seen in the past. I think that's a shame...we're worried about soundbites and scandals more than where the candidates stand on the issues. It's becoming more of a popularity contest like electing Homecoming royalty. I'm voting for Clinton simply because I agree with her on about 80% of the issues, whereas with Johnson it's about 45% and 20% for Trump. ...maybe 75% for Stein.

This election cycle has managed to be even uglier than the last few. Little interest at all is being paid to positions, hyperpartisans on the right and left are seeing to it that there can be no reasoned adult conversation. There is room for nothing but daggers and accusations it seems.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm ready for this circus.

tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sanders got booed when he told his supporters to vote for Hillary.

Cruz got booed for refusing to support the Republican nominee.

Sanders got booed for supporting the Democrat nominee.

It seems that there is disarray in both parties. But in the Republican party it mainly comes from the ruling class not being satisfied with the choices of the people, while for the Democrats it comes from the people not being satisfied with the machinations of their ruling class.

Upvote 0

Sweet Tooth

Jun 3, 2016
Miami, Florida
✟2,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship

You hit the nail on the head. For someone who spoke about being against the establishment, being against corruption, he sure finds it quite easy to bend when those within his ranks torpedoed him from the start. Even some went as far as implying that he really isn't that kind of Jew, and I believe it was a Democrat from Kentucky, in one of those emails, who drew a line between voting for a Jew and a Jewish atheist.

Whatever respect I had for Sanders is dead and buried. So much for fighting until the convention. I guess being a good foot soldier lets you keep your political career.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm ready for this circus.

tumblr_inline_mrwhqtavEn1qz4rgp.gif
It's like watching a train wreck. Or the Hillary campaign is like watching a police chase where the crooks get all of their tires blown off and are still trying to get away on bare rims.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
One democrat said she's trying to figure out what'll hurt Hillary the most and that's what she's going with...even if it means a vote for OhioTrump. Here's my thing. They are more outraged over Bernie getting screwed than Bernie is and more outraged over DNC emails scandal than Hillary SofS email scandal. This is shaping up to be a real spectacle.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There have already been (at least) three separate occasions where Bernie Sanders supporters have disrupted speeches with boos and chants to have Bernie be the nominee:

And it's only day one!

Should be an interesting week.

Reactions: Sweet Tooth
Upvote 0