Re-establishing purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bevlina

That's a darn shame Rob. One of the best pick me ups is to take care of yourself. I know my Guy's last words to me would have been " And, you take care of yourself"
No, I have never paid a great deal of attention to my looks, I am as I am, if people don't like me without makeup, they cam lump me. But, grooming is important to self. It makes you feel good.

Upvote 0

McWilliams

Senior Veteran
Nov 6, 2005
Texas
✟15,077.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
robert adams said:
Today, a sense of purpose seems more important than ever. Maybe it is my depression. I keep asking myself: What purpose is my continued existence?

Hey Bob, that feeling goes with the territory and the time! No time like the holidays to feel somewhat down!
Did you get to go to church Christmas Eve as planned? Remember why we worship Him and that our whole purpose here is to bring glory to Him!
As these holidays end we will have renewed purpose, make new goals, talk with new friends and have mutually supportive interactions with them! Others here benefit from hearing of your experiences! Be patient with yourself! God is moving in our hearts!
God bless you! :hug: :prayer:

Upvote 0

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟18,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
McWilliams said:
Hey Bob, that feeling goes with the territory and the time! No time like the holidays to feel somewhat down!
Did you get to go to church Christmas Eve as planned? Remember why we worship Him and that our whole purpose here is to bring glory to Him!
As these holidays end we will have renewed purpose, make new goals, talk with new friends and have mutually supportive interactions with them! Others here benefit from hearing of your experiences! Be patient with yourself! God is moving in our hearts!
God bless you! :hug: :prayer:

Couldn't have said it better myself... hang in there Bob! One of my favorite portions of scripture is Hebrew 12:2-3, where we are reminded that Jesus is the finisher of our faith, and His suffering gives us hope in ours. Many blessings!

Upvote 0

robert adams

Jul 10, 2005
Houston
✟1,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Thank you, Honibee and Mac (McWilliams) for your positive support. Knowing you both have been through similar thought processes has extra benefit and extra meaning. You both know well whereof of that of which you speak. (I think that is how it is said.)

Making goals is a psychologically difficult challenge for me. Technically, I know all about it. I just don't see any reason to do it. Do you ever feel that way?:help:

Yes, I did get to church on Christmas Day. Thank you for your concern.

Bob

Reactions: McWilliams
Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
robert adams said:
Thank you, Honibee and Mac (McWilliams) for your positive support. Knowing you both have been through similar thought processes has extra benefit and extra meaning. You both know well whereof of that of which you speak. (I think that is how it is said.)

Making goals is a psychologically difficult challenge for me. Technically, I know all about it. I just don't see any reason to do it. Do you ever feel that way?:help:

Yes, I did get to church on Christmas Day. Thank you for your concern.

Bob

Hello Bob, it is nice to meet you.
I can certainly understand what you mean about setting goals,
I struggle with that myself. But I know that we go through each new day
because God has a plan for us and He is preparing us for that plan. It is so hard here during the holidays not to look back over the years that we shared with our loved one, but we must learn to keep our eyes toward Jesus who is in front of us and not behind us, that is the way we move on. May you be richly blessed in the coming New Year and if it be God's will may all be restored to you as it was to Job.....:hug: :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

robert adams

Jul 10, 2005
Houston
✟1,298.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
I want to thank everyone for their concern and responses. It is amazing to me that people who don't even know me would take the time to drop a post in reply. It has been very helpful for me to be able to drop thoughts (some are admittedly strange) off and find out what others have experienced.

Bob

Upvote 0

Sungar

Jan 4, 2006
Minnesota
✟219.00
Faith
Baptist
I am going to a Bible study and the book is on finding your purpose in life. I am praying and reading my Bible and asking God for His wisdom and purpose in my life.

He hasn't told me yet but He has told me
Read My words more, come to Me more and then the answers will come.

Reading here has helped too; I need to eventually get out there and help others and God will show me when it is time. I know right now is still the time to grieve and grow stronger in Him. Gary died Oct. 31st, 2005

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
Sungar said:
I am going to a Bible study and the book is on finding your purpose in life. I am praying and reading my Bible and asking God for His wisdom and purpose in my life.

He hasn't told me yet but He has told me

Reading here has helped too; I need to eventually get out there and help others and God will show me when it is time. I know right now is still the time to grieve and grow stronger in Him. Gary died Oct. 31st, 2005

May God continue to give you peace and assurance in the days ahead.
I know without Him I would never have made it this far.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hisbygrace

Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
This is such a wonderful place to come and leave your thoughts.
There are so many gentle and kind people here who truly care
and want to help each other. Some days I still don't want to get
out of bed and then other days I wish that God would bring
someone new into my life for companionship. It has been almost
four years now since Buck died and I still can't seem to let go.
But I do feel so lonely sometimes.

Upvote 0

mare61

May 1, 2006
SE VA
✟7,795.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you for that thought provoking post. I cared for my husband for two years, changing bedpans, feeding him, bathing and changing him. God gave me strength I never knew existing. Since he has passed, I feel a bit empty. We do have three sons that are wonderful. I've thrown myself into their spiritual and physical well being for now. I agree with the poster that found another family to bless. I believe that would be an awesome mission for the boys and I to undertake. Thanks again for the post. Take care, Mare

Upvote 0

Honibee

Tasting the Lord's goodness
Sep 20, 2005
Passing through (in the USA)
✟18,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
mare61 said:
Thank you for that thought provoking post. I cared for my husband for two years, changing bedpans, feeding him, bathing and changing him. God gave me strength I never knew existing. Since he has passed, I feel a bit empty. We do have three sons that are wonderful. I've thrown myself into their spiritual and physical well being for now. I agree with the poster that found another family to bless. I believe that would be an awesome mission for the boys and I to undertake. Thanks again for the post. Take care, Mare

Hi Mare~

Such a blessing to see your loving dedication through your husband's passing. I've had friends tell me it was healing to be able to serve that way and make closure.

I can attest to the strength God provides in tragic times. Though my husband's loss was sudden, the Lord was my only strength.

It IS healing to reach out to others... my prayers are with you for just the right opportunity to present itself.

Blessings to you Mare,
Honibee

Reactions: McWilliams
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.