Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It worked for me. In fact, it worked so well that I did not even realize when my foot changed direction. It did apparantly though. Are you sure this mightn't have happened to you as well, Vene?
I can do it, it ain't easy, but I can.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Keep my foot moving clockwise while my hand was making sixes in the air. And now that I'm more awake, I can do it a lot easier.
It's actually pretty easy to do it if you do both at the same time (especially slowly). What's difficult is to start by moving your foot clockwise, then while doing that trace a six in the air quickly. Without practice, your foot will at least jerk.

Upvote 0

MasterOfKrikkit

Feb 1, 2008
USA
✟16,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Keep my foot moving clockwise while my hand was making sixes in the air. And now that I'm more awake, I can do it a lot easier.
Plus, practice makes perfect. The first couple of times I tried, it was a bit shaky, but it got easier. Ray, that's something atheistic scientists call "learning" -- try it some time.

Upvote 0

Lord Emsworth

Je ne suis pas une de vos élèves.
Oct 10, 2004
Through the cables and the underground ...
✟61,459.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can do it easily. How is that an argument against anything?

He simply doesn't know what the implications are of what he is "arguing" (the validity of his argument seems specious enough) for.

I can do that too. And the bigger I make the circle the easier it is to keep direction, but in any case I have to focus a lot on keeping direction.

Upvote 0

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Plus, practice makes perfect. The first couple of times I tried, it was a bit shaky, but it got easier. Ray, that's something atheistic scientists call "learning" -- try it some time.
Thinking a bit more about it, I know that when you sleep it helps your brain "integrate" any new information fully. This is why after studying, I know the material better the next day. And it's also why when I learn a new form (tae kwon do) I can recall it better after sleeping.

Upvote 0

EnemyPartyII

Sep 12, 2006
✟20,084.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thinking a bit more about it, I know that when you sleep it helps your brain "integrate" any new information fully. This is why after studying, I know the material better the next day. And it's also why when I learn a new form (tae kwon do) I can recall it better after sleeping.

Heres a tip... if you suck a lollypop while you study, and suck the same flavour during the exam, you'll have better recall

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vene

In memory of ChordatesLegacy
Oct 20, 2007
Michigan
✟13,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Heres a tip... if you suck a lollypop while you study, and suck the same flavour during the exam, you'll have better recall
Well sure, the closer the test situation is to the study situation, the easier it is to remember details.

Upvote 0

Chalnoth

Senior Contributor
Aug 14, 2006
Italy
✟28,653.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The olfactory stimulation triggers mnemonic responses, thats all.
Yeah, and it makes a lot of sense to me. Sounds like a rather good strategy...the one I'd always used involved visualization of certain aspects of my learning. When remembering facts in a text, for instance, I would first remember the layout of the page the information was on, and where on the page the information was. Not really a strategy, just what I did naturally.

Upvote 0

Open

Oct 15, 2007
✟7,905.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Why are the treditional proponents of 7 day creation/anti evolutionists missing from this thread?

AV etc are normally all over new topics.

I'd be curious to know what they think of the proven misinformation given in the said video links.

Do they condem the actions/misinformation of Comfort etc...???

Upvote 0

MasterOfKrikkit

Feb 1, 2008
USA
✟16,435.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Yes indeed. Pseudorandom anecdote: when I was 12 I had to memorize the Gettysburg Address for English; we had a week to do it, but I completely forgot until the night before we were due to recite it from memory; freaking out, I remembered that one of the hints the teacher gave was to read it over a few times before bed and just go to sleep, then read it over a few times after waking -- not try to memorize, just repeat and sleep on it; with nothing to lose, I read it about 20 times and went to bed, hoping for the best.... guess what? I still remember most of it! Crazy crazy human brain. I wonder what Ray would make of that...?

(Forescore and seven years ago, our forefathers brought forth a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal...)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BananaSlug

Life is an experiment, experience it!
Aug 26, 2005
In a House
✟10,782.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why are the treditional proponents of 7 day creation/anti evolutionists missing from this thread?

AV etc are normally all over new topics.

I'd be curious to know what they think of the proven misinformation given in the said video links.

Do they condem the actions/misinformation of Comfort etc...???

Because many creationists have no background in science and believe all the lies and misquotes that Ray Comfort and his ilk commonly use.

Upvote 0