• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Questions for Aspies.

louiseg0151

May 31, 2009
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Do you have terrible memory? I do if i'm told something but if i see things i remember them very well.
-Are you very clumsy? I can be sometimes .

-Do you have trouble talking and expressing yourself? It depends who i'm with.

-Do you have impulse control problems? No
-Do you have a regular sleeping pattern? No
-Are you an insomniac? No
-Are you easily startled to the point where you have heart palpitations (increased heart rate)? No

Upvote 0

louiseg0151

May 31, 2009
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Which hand is your dominant hand? Left Hand but do some things with my right (Eg: i have the computer mouse in my right hand,

-Were you a quiet baby? Yes.

-How close to term were you born?(e.g. preemie, at term, post term) I was a Preemie baby, I was a month and a week early.

Upvote 0

jdcnosse

Jul 22, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
-Do you have terrible memory? - Sometimes. I can remember things like addresses, numbers (ssn, library card, etc), stuff like that very easily. Other things not so much XD
-Are you very clumsy? - not really?
-Do you have trouble talking and expressing yourself? - sometimes...not so much talking but definitely figuring out the right words to use...
-Do you have impulse control problems?
-Do you have a regular sleeping pattern? - When I force myself to...when I let my Asperger's get the best of me then I end up staying up past 3am, but anything to that I tell myself I need to go to bed.
-Are you an insomniac? - I have trouble sleeping sometimes, so I have to get up and do something...
-Are you easily startled to the point where you have heart palpitations(increased heart rate)? - Not really?

EDIT: Didn't notice your other questions.

-Which hand is your dominant hand? Left
-Were you a quiet baby? Maybe? I know I didn't like trying regular people food, and I didn't like eating until I was full, I only ate until I wasn't hungry.
-How close to term were you born?(e.g. preemie, at term, post term) - I believe I was like a week late...
-are you flatfooted(to some degree)? - sort of? I guess lol
-are you cross dominant (use one hand/side more, but do at least one major activity, such as writing with the other)? - I only use the computer mouse with my right hand, and that's because I trained myself (because my mom hated when I switched the mouse around)
-are you dyspraxic? - No I don't think so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 22, 2007
Glenside, PA
✟7,654.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-Do you have terrible memory?

Actually, I have a very good memory--all visual. I perceive sound/smell/touch as visual images and colors, so yeah, that's pretty much it. I'm better at memorizing static images though--moving faces and things are difficult--there's just too much going on. Also, my hypersensitivities make it harder to remember things in public places due to overstimulation.

-Are you very clumsy?

I was. I've worked hard on exercises, running, pilates, etc, to lessen the clumsiness and increase my kinesthetic awareness and it sometimes works.

-Do you have trouble talking and expressing yourself?

Expressing ideas? Nah. Expressing emotions and junk? Yep.

You need to clarify.

-Do you have a regular sleeping pattern?

My ideal sleeping pattern is 11:30 pm-8am, but it all depends on whether I'm working out an idea.

-Are you an insomniac?

Nope, I've never had problems sleeping.

-Are you easily startled to the point where you have heart palpitations(increased heart rate)?

Augh! Yes. I HATE being startled. It's another reason I've tried to train my senses/kinesthetic awareness--so that I'm not surprised by anything.

-Which hand is your dominant hand?

Right.

-Were you a quiet baby?

I have no idea.

-How close to term were you born?(e.g. preemie, at term, post term)

Pretty close to due date.

-are you flatfooted(to some degree)?

Nah, I have high arches.

-are you cross dominant (use one hand/side more, but do at least one major activity, such as writing with the other)?

I don't think so.

-are you dyspraxic?

Nope.

Upvote 0

C-Man

Apr 12, 2010
Texas
✟9,173.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
-Do you have terrible memory?
Only in the sense that I can't remember stuff. :D

-Are you very clumsy?
Depends. I can play guitar very well, but I'm always dropping screws when I work on something.

-Do you have trouble talking and expressing yourself?
I have a tendency to stutter, and sometimes just can't think of the right words I want to say.

Used to, but I'm getting better.

-Do you have a regular sleeping pattern?
I wake up at least once during the night.

-Are you an insomniac?
Not really.

-Are you easily startled to the point where you have heart palpitations(increased heart rate)?
I can almost always hear someone coming, but if they manage to sneak up on me, then yes.

Upvote 0