California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, so if anyone remembers I was trying to get married in the church to my fiance of literally forever. (okay, almost 5 years but it feels like forever) So I went to the church gave them all the documents and it's more than likely going to take 2 years (because of the annulment process) Yeah. We can't wait. Literally, we can't. My ex finally gave me my divorce, not to mention our previous priest told us that we need to keep living together because it's in the best interest of our children to stay in the same house...anyways. We're getting married next weekend. So, how long does it take to validate our marriage? Will it still take 2 years because of the annulment? This has been literally the biggest mess I have ever dealt with. Help.

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know it's a priest question, but trying to talk to him is a gigantic mess. It takes like 2-3 weeks to talk to him. Which is why I'm asking here. I know it won't fix anything, but some people have more insight than others. And thanks Mike! It seriously is a mess!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,693,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You still will have to wait for an annulment. I assume sometime after that is when you could validate the marriage. What that would entail, I have no idea. During this time if you attend Mass regularly, things might go easier. Your annument may not take as long as you think.

Upvote 0

cmarie423

Momma of 3
Mar 18, 2007
California
✟17,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You still will have to wait for an annulment. I assume sometime after that is when you could validate the marriage. What that would entail, I have no idea. During this time if you attend Mass regularly, things might go easier. Your annument may not take as long as you think.

Thanks! We go to mass every Sunday. Our oldest is in catechism, and we do tons of stuff in the church (events and stuff), Eventually my fiance does want to convert. The timing just isn't right. His work schedule is insane and he can't commit to 2 hours every Tuesday night when his work is so demanding. I wish they offered online RCIA haha. It wouldn't have been such a mess if my mom didn't force me into getting married the first time, but that's life I guess. I'm just glad I can finally call him my husband so I don't feel like I'm completely defying the church all the time.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,693,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks! We go to mass every Sunday. Our oldest is in catechism, and we do tons of stuff in the church (events and stuff), Eventually my fiance does want to convert. The timing just isn't right. His work schedule is insane and he can't commit to 2 hours every Tuesday night when his work is so demanding. I wish they offered online RCIA haha. It wouldn't have been such a mess if my mom didn't force me into getting married the first time, but that's life I guess. I'm just glad I can finally call him my husband so I don't feel like I'm completely defying the church all the time.
You all will get through this and be better for it. Praying the annulment goes fast and you are back into the Church doon taking advantage of sll it has to offer. Hang in there! :)

Upvote 0