Question about marriage

Tadhg

Nov 21, 2015
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm an ex practicing Catholic I got married in a Catholic Church we read out vows that where giving to us. Now here's my question if you came to believe by reading the bible that the Catholic Church wasn't for you and you joined the baptist church would you be still married . I know by law we are but under the law of God I question!

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Absolutely, you would most definitely still be married. The bond/union between husband and wife is between the two of them and God (and technically the State, legally)...not a particular denomination or church body.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes but if your wife is catholic or identifies with catholicism it would mean you unequally yoked. As long as you can remain married and be at peace with each other its fine but if she wishes to leave she can at any time.

I say this because she may be catholic by tradition and not actually a born again believer. (In Jesus). But it may be she comes to faith and start worshipping in spirit and in truth by your example.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi tadhg,

I agree with 98. All the ceremony and pomp and circumstance of a marriage and the state licensing requirements really have nothing to do with the validity of a marriage as God seems to define marriage.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Mudinyeri

May 4, 2016
Nebraska
✟11,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes but if your wife is catholic or identifies with catholicism it would mean you unequally yoked.

They MAY be unequally yoked. Just because the woman is Catholic doesn't mean she isn't a believer.

To the OP, yes, you're married in the eyes of the Baptist denomination.

Reactions: Tadhg
Upvote 0

Tadhg

Nov 21, 2015
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes but if your wife is catholic or identifies with catholicism it would mean you unequally yoked. As long as you can remain married and be at peace with each other its fine but if she wishes to leave she can at any time.

I say this because she may be catholic by tradition and not actually a born again believer. (In Jesus). But it may be she comes to faith and start worshipping in spirit and in truth by your example.
My wife wasn't a practicing catholic.
I was the practicing catholic at the time . Now we both are christ believers and attend a Baptist Church. We are still madly in love with eachother not looking to get out of our marriage! !!!!. I was just asking that question out of curiosity!

Upvote 0

alex2165

Jan 2, 2014
✟11,292.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it does not matter under which circumstances people are married, and it also does not matter who they are been before or after marriage, because GOD created woman for man and they shall become one flesh joined together in marriage, which was made long before any Law came to existence.

So this means that the Law of marriage is UNIVERSAL and applies to whole humankind without any exception, because it is a Covenant not only between man and a woman but also between GOD and humankind.

So breaking the marriage means breaking not only Covenant of Marriage between man and a woman, but also GOD’S Covenant of Marriage.

So all people, no matter who they are, religious or not, would bare their own consequences for violating the Covenant of Marriage while are both parties still alive.

Upvote 0