jlfow

Jun 1, 2012
✟16,019.00
Faith
Non-Denom
About 10 years ago, when I was active in prophetic ministry, I was given a dream on a Saturday night that made me wake up in a cold sweat. Here's the dream:

I am standing, facing the interior of what appears to be an empty city. I see papers/newspapers carried by the wind (similar to tumbleweeds blowing in the wind). I see an empty bike rack in front of me that seems to have significance for some reason. I seem to be standing on a road, which makes a sharp blind left turn around a building. It is daytime. I then hear a voice in my right ear say "You shall help save the homeless, and some of those you save will be the greatest in my kingdom."

The scene then changes, and I see a figure giving out what appears to be pieces of paper on the steps of a government or courthouse building. People, as they walk up the steps, take the paper that is offered to them, but give a strange look to the person handing the papers out once they see what is on the paper.

Then the scene changes one last time, and I look up and see a large satellite dish (like a broadcast dish for a tv station), on top of an office building.

Not long after this dream, my entire life fell apart. I became (ironically) homeless for about 2 years, living on couches and small spare rooms of friends and family.

Since then, I've been too scared to pursue God or any calling further.

My question is this: Was the phase "You will save the homeless..." literal or symbolic? I have tried to pursue helping the homeless, but my background is in design and the arts - not social work. No opportunities have presented themselves for me to pursue anything like helping the poor in an official capacity. I feel lost and without direction.

Help?

Reactions: Hidden In Him

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟204,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
About 10 years ago, when I was active in prophetic ministry, I was given a dream on a Saturday night that made me wake up in a cold sweat. Here's the dream:

I am standing, facing the interior of what appears to be an empty city. I see papers/newspapers carried by the wind (similar to tumbleweeds blowing in the wind). I see an empty bike rack in front of me that seems to have significance for some reason. I seem to be standing on a road, which makes a sharp blind left turn around a building. It is daytime. I then hear a voice in my right ear say "You shall help save the homeless, and some of those you save will be the greatest in my kingdom."

The scene then changes, and I see a figure giving out what appears to be pieces of paper on the steps of a government or courthouse building. People, as they walk up the steps, take the paper that is offered to them, but give a strange look to the person handing the papers out once they see what is on the paper.

Then the scene changes one last time, and I look up and see a large satellite dish (like a broadcast dish for a tv station), on top of an office building.

Not long after this dream, my entire life fell apart. I became (ironically) homeless for about 2 years, living on couches and small spare rooms of friends and family.

My question is this: Was the phase "You will save the homeless..." literal or symbolic? I have tried to pursue helping the homeless, but my background is in design and the arts - not social work. No opportunities have presented themselves for me to pursue anything like helping the poor in an official capacity. I feel lost and without direction.

Help?

Blessings to you! Taking the long way I see. How can one help the homeless, unless they too have been homeless. Your dream is about ways the Gospel Message can be brought. You say design and arts_not social work. How is a track made, or a bill board, or a message on a piece of paper. Picture for a moment, a homeless man, a drug addict for example, that is at the end of his rope. During the day, he gathers up enough money to get a motel room, so that he can end his misery there. While in the room, he opens the drawer and finds a piece of paper and reads it. The words flow like a river, and brings him to tears. He then picks up the bible that was under the paper and begins to read. He then falls to his knees and cries out to God. The Lord is never far from anyone, and when that man needed it, He was there. For it is written, All who call upon The Name of The Lord shall(will) be saved. So I ask you, who wrote on the piece of paper? You did. Who gave you what to write on the paper, The Lord does, same as He gave you the literal words, "you will help save the homeless" The Lord will bless your hands should you decide that these words are for you. And like David, he restores the soul who ask for it.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Help?

Greetings, Jlfow.

Don't be afraid. As GTW suggested, the Lord likely allowed you to be homeless for a time to experience what they go through, which actually adds credence to your dream. The "saving" is symbolic and a reference to spiritual salvation, not social work. Though I'm not 100% on the specifics, the general meaning of your dream is this, and I will take it in parts:

It's a glimpse into the future, where homelessness is much more rampant. This time is coming now, btw, which also adds credence to the truthfulness of the dream. But the symbolism is that the economy will decline, and either the area where you live or will live in will become like a ghost town of the Old West symbolically compared to what it was when you had the dream; prosperous times will move on from that area/ city/ nation where you live, and leave its people without employment and homeless. This is the symbolism of wind blowing newspaper like tumbleweed. It represents the winds of change & the sands of time turning it into a ghost town. The bike rack likely represents that there will also be a shortage of ministry specifically to the homeless when the time comes, likely because few will have any money, and most homeless ministries are based on financial or material assistance these days. The sharp blind left turn represents that you will make a sharp turn in your life at some point, which He then describes by saying, "You will help save the homeless, and some you will save will be the greatest in My kingdom."

This is the "news" the governments of this world (maybe more especially in your part of it) will be giving their people, and it will not be good news. It may be the news they give out will be false promises, since this would cause others to give them a strange look. Whatever it is, the symbolism here is that what the government offers the homeless will NOT be the answer. It should be noted that the current government in the US indeed is making many false promises that will end up being no real help in the long run (promises like that there "will be no recession" for example) and this method of calming the masses with false promises will likely continue into the future as a type of modus operandi they operate by, leading to increased suspicion.

This is how you will help. It could represent a couple of things. The satellite dish represents television ministry aimed specifically at helping the homeless. It likely represents a ministry you will help support, financially and/or with employment. There's also the outside chance it is a ministry you yourself develop. Whatever the case, be encouraged that the part you play will not be insignificant at all. He knows that some of the souls this ministry will save will be among His greatest servants in the end-times, hence why you will be used to help pave the way for them.

Hope this interpretation was an encouragement. Let me know if you receive it.
Hidden

Last edited:
Upvote 0