New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Python Eggs

The drunkard makes his start with just a sip, but that sip is the python egg.

Here's a story I heard told by a girl in Wayne Stake. The story took hold of me:

A boy goes to a party. They offer him a cocktail. It wasn't a fruit cocktail. He refuses - the gang is determined, but so is he. He is called "panty-waist", "mama's boy' - but he stands his ground. They tell him he must drink with the crowd and smell like a man. The gang is determined to have him come across. Finally, with jaws set, they tell him if he won't be game they will throw him on the floor and pour the liquor through his teeth. The boy on the spot rises to the occasion; like a warrior he faces his foes. He has a secret weapon they didn't dream of - here it is - when he gets through with them, they sizzle. "Wait a minute," he says, "Let's see if you'll put it through my teeth. I want to tell you a story."

"Some years ago a boy was out, as I am tonight, they offered him a drink - he refused. They urged - he weakened and took that night just a thimble full. Next week he took it more readily. After that it had only to be offered him. Boys, he became a drunkard. He fell in love with a beautiful girl. Of course he straightened out for a while, while he was courting her. He knew she and her family were opposed to drink. They were married. A year later a baby came to town, but by this time the man had gone back to drink. He began to come home drunk. On one of these nights his good wife challenged him. She had stood about all she could. In desperation she thundered "Bill, you come home again like this, and I'll take the baby and go home to mother!" Well the demon within him broke loose. He grabbed her arm. It was as if it were held in a vise. He threw her out into the Wyoming blizzard. She grabbed the baby, also an overcoat hanging on a chair by the door. He was so drunk that the second he hit the pillow he was dead to the world. The realization at dawn of what he had done almost electrocuted him. He came to with terror - he grabbed the door, pretty nearly pulling it off its hinges. He rushed out into the snowdrifts. He was almost crazy. One hundred yards from the house he detected a little hill in the snow. With eyes bulging, desperately but cautiously, he dug into the snow. There he uncovered his sweetheart, the mother of his child. She was cold in death. The baby, through the protection of the body of it's mother and the overcoat snatched as she left the room, had a spark of life left. The baby was brought back to life." Defiantly our hero faced the gang. "Now boys, if you are ready to put that stuff through my teeth, I am ready for you! I AM THAT BABY!!!"

Submitted by Richard

So if someone offers you a drink, just say no and tell them this story. You may be saving someone else in that night.

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums